Author Topic: 2pac's Makaveli Record To Me Is Still Shrouded In Mystery  (Read 1797 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
2pac's Makaveli Record To Me Is Still Shrouded In Mystery
« on: March 26, 2005, 01:20:05 PM »
...... check this out.  I still remember when the day this album dropped out of nowhere.  I was 14 years old and just happened to be up at the mall and I suprised I see a new 2pac album is out.  This album had very little promotion.  I had no idea it was set to drop.  Snoop's "Doggfather" album was supposed to drop on Nov. 5th, but instead this new 2pac album dropped that day and Snoop was pushed back one week to Nov. 12th.  I didn't like the album when it first dropped.  I was wanting and expecting to hear an album similar to "All Eyes On Me".   This album had no guest appearances from big name Death Row artists such as Snoop, the Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, nor did it have the usual producers Johnny J. and Daz producing the records.  The producers of this album are virtually no names.  And compared to All Eyez on me and all the other posthumous 2pac albums released from this Death Row period, the Outlaws "Still I Rise" album/ One Nation Bootleg... the sound of this album seems to have existed somewhere else in a vacuum.  It is very prophetic to his downfall and assasination.    The songs are not commercial sound, the sound displays the side of Pac that is the son of a Black Panther revolutionary, he dropped only 2 commercial tracks on the album, "Toss It Up" and "Live And Die In LA".  The rest of the album is dark and melancholy, but suprisingly features some of 2pac's most remarkable tracks, "Me And My Girlfriend", "Hold Your Head", "White Mans World" and "Hail Mary"(which features a black panthers chant on the chorus).

Can anyone shed some light on the mysterious existence of this album.  How come the sound, the producers and conspirators (save for the Outlaws) are different on this album from every other album?  How long did it take and when and where did he record this?  How come there was little publicity for this album?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 04:51:04 PM by Ibn Battuta Abdul Rahman »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2pac's Makaveli Record To Me Is Still Shrouded In Mystery
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:36:41 PM »
if ur talkin about the 7day theory thing then it took 7 days to record, never heard to album myself but i know it took 7 days to make

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »
if ur talkin about the 7day theory thing then it took 7 days to record, never heard to album myself but i know it took 7 days to make

Yeah, I'm talking about The Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory... where did you hear it took 7 days to record?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 01:52:32 PM »
XXL had a whole article on it.

Personally, I loved the album, and thought of it as the proof of 2Pac being the greatest rapper of all time. His lyrical wordplay, mixed with contend, prophecy, and just pure Hip-Hop was without a doubt one of the most genious albums ever released. It was schedual to be called 2Pac - Makaveli the CD, and it had some ads out with unused pictures from All Eyez On Me. 2 Live and Die in LA had a actual video that 2Pac made for it, and he had very dark sounding sound bits played on Power 106 calling himself Makaveli. I wish I would have recorded them, he sounded like a ghost, not like 2Pac usually sounded. I guessing they called it the 7 Day Theory because that's how long it took to record. Some said the CD wasn't finished yet. Of course in interviews before Makaveli was recorded, 2Pac would mention his next CD was basically going to be Me Against the World 2, and I would imagion that's were most of Still I Rise came from, and songs recorded later like R U Still Down with Jon B and Unconditional Love. Who knows. But one thing is for sure, Makaveli was maybe the most fitting CD 2Pac ever recorded, and released just after he died. It was almost too much, I remember thinking back then.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 01:54:44 PM »
he also did the video for Toss It Up, 2 versions, beach version and the garage version, i beleive one of them (i think the garage) was filmed just a day or 2 before his death - hence why fans jumped on the mirror smashing scene (7 years bad luck etc)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
he also did the video for Toss It Up, 2 versions, beach version and the garage version, i beleive one of them (i think the garage) was filmed just a day or 2 before his death - hence why fans jumped on the mirror smashing scene (7 years bad luck etc)

oh yeah, and in the garage video he was sitting in a throne. Someone should have taken a picture and use that as a sig saying 2Pac, the King of the Westcoast... lol

here's a cool pic I just found too...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 01:58:50 PM by Evil Ryu »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 02:25:37 PM »
the Makaveli album IMO is one of the most complete rap records to drop.  I thought that Snoop's record dropped the week after Pac's album.  I think it dropped November 12th instead of Dec. 12th.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 02:29:28 PM »
I went through the same shit you went through when it dropped although I did see the video for "Toss It Up" before the album dropped. But I went to the record shop to do my normal browsing and saw a new Pac record and was like DAMN! Copped it, didn't like it at first as a whole but loved tracks like "Hail Mary", "To Live N Die N L.A", "Krazy", etc. from jump. Now I play it start to finish. Just an incredible record. No other album has the vibe that this album brings. Well Me Against The World brings it's own vibe too but it's just as strong.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 02:36:50 PM »
see this album was hella nice. it wasnt none of that ima thug, fuck biggie, mob bullshiet like "All Eyez On Me".

"Hold Ya Head" is my favorite 2Pac track
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »
see this album was hella nice. it wasnt none of that ima thug, fuck biggie, mob bullshiet like "All Eyez On Me".

that was on All Eyez On Me??  ???

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »

i wouldn't call All Eyez On Me bullshit considering it's the best selling rap album of all time
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 03:27:04 PM »

i wouldn't call All Eyez On Me bullshit considering it's the best selling rap album of all time

is it?  ^^^^
NO MORE WAR

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 03:33:25 PM »
Co-sign West Coast veteran and hip hop is dead.

I remember when I bought the tape I didn't really like it at first, but I liked White Man's World and Live and Die in LA from jump. Like some of yall, I was expecting that smooth g-funk type sound that All Eyes on Me had and this album instead had such a dark, ominous feel to it.

I appreciate this album much more now and can see what makes this album so great. It was raw, pure and heartfelt. The essence of hip hop at its purest was caught with this album. Songs like Blasphemy, Hold Your Head and Krazy are just riveting, there are just so many priceless quotes in almost all the songs on this album.

"They say my ghetto instrumentals detrimental to kids
As if they can't see the misery in which they live"

"Currency means nothing if you still ain't free
Money breeds envy take the game from me"

This album is a work of art.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 03:37:28 PM »
One of the best albums ever done.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 03:39:22 PM »

is it?  ^^^^

yeah i was watching this thing about 2pac on VH-1 and they were talking about All Eyez On Me and how Pac made it in like 5 days and later become the best selling rap album at over 15 mil according to what Afeni Shakur said
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?