Author Topic: Bush on Schiavo: Run Away!  (Read 166 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bush on Schiavo: Run Away!
« on: March 28, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »
The President "who doesn't make decisions based on polls" is running away from the Schiavo mess after it turned into a political burden.  Rightly so, the majority of the country realized that congressional involvment in the Schiavo case was utterly inappropriate, yet believing that had an issue that was an easy win, practically every republican rushed to get involved in saving Terri....

Given the opportunity to cater to his base (i.e. crazies like Trauma) Bush rushed home in the middle of the nite to sign the Schiavo bill.  Apparently Karl Rove wasn't around to tell him this was going to be a bad idea, and when the dust settled Bush's approval rating dropped to an all-time low of 43%... now the president who doesn't make decisions based on polls is hastily trying to leak that he didn't really care to get involved in Schiavo.  From the Times and Newsweek:

Newsweek (p. 28): "Accompanying [Bush] on the plane ride were several Florida lawmakers, including Weldon and Martinez, who pressed Bush on the Schiavo case. Though Bush 'told us that he supported our efforts,' said Weldon, 'he said that he didn't want to get directly involved.'

Time (p.28): "Top Republican staffers on Capitol Hill told TIME that it took some lobbying by congressional Republican leaders, who Bush needs for his controversial Social Security reform and budget cuts, for the President to return on short notice in such a visible role."

Thirteen

Re: Bush on Schiavo: Run Away!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:14:45 PM »
if you think he did this because the polls told him to, you're touching yourself

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:17:02 PM »
if you think he did this because the polls told him to, you're touching yourself

lol what is your theory?

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:20:19 PM »

lol what is your theory?

my theory is...

the polls told him he shouldn't have invaded iraq, but he still did.

i just think it was an easy way to weasle out of the limelight... do you think the next time the poll takes place that he's going to be up 20% just for running away on this issue?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
Props again to Ant for shedding light and providing political commentary on this bizarre news story.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »
the schiavo case is just a family squabble that has now turned into a midia frenzy
i'm glad bush isn't getting involved

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »
the schiavo case is just a family squabble that has now turned into a midia frenzy
i'm glad bush isn't getting involved

where have you been?  both bushes got involved...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 08:11:04 PM »
i don't know where i was

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »

my theory is...

the polls told him he shouldn't have invaded iraq, but he still did.

wrong.  when Bush decided to invade iraq the majority of the country sided with him based on his deceptive interpretation of the facts... remember there was a time when we were told:

1) iraq has WMD and ties to terrorism
2) we could win the iraq war in a few months  (see http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=71666.0)
3) the war would cost nothing

of course all three of these turned out to be false... whether or not you believed they were lies is up to you... i just happen to think that when the president says things and reality is the opposite he's probably lying, bsing, or exagerating a bit... altho either way, your point was entirely incorrect... bush went into iraq when the country approved of doing so.