Author Topic: Zambia rejects US food aid!  (Read 283 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Zambia rejects US food aid!
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:33:34 PM »
The President of the American Muslim Food Council visited our community recently to talk about all the prevelent issue's and business developments involving the food of American Muslims.  It's a more complex and complicated issue than you think.  Most Americans have no idea what they are eating, but that's for another thread.  Anyway, he said something interesting about Zambia, he said that America was going to send a large food aid shipment to the starving nation of Zambia but what they all realized was that America was actually using Africa as a testing ground.  They were going to assess the affects of the food on Africans.  Zambia was alerted to the harmful products that were put into the food and they rejected the shipment.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Woodrow

Re: Zambia rejects US food aid!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »
How paranoid can you get?

This is Just like the Nigerian "clerics" who are rejecting vaccines because they think the U.S. is trying to sterilize muslims and give them AIDS.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2005/03/27/build/world/70-nigeria.inc

I'm very glad Trauma reported you to homeland security. It's clear from your posts that you aren't a mentaly stable individual.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 07:17:01 PM »
I'm very glad Trauma reported you to homeland security. It's clear from your posts that you aren't a mentaly stable individual.

lol

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 07:36:22 PM »
Woodrow, you're a fuckin redneck imbecile
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 07:36:56 PM »

Why? Because of posts I make on a message board?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 07:54:37 PM »

yes

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 07:55:55 PM »
It's interesting to me, that instead of talking about the subject, you choose to attack me.

Why?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 07:59:26 PM »
It's interesting to me, that instead of talking about the subject, you choose to attack me.

Why?

it doesn't really have to do with this particular thread, but from other topics i've come to a conclusion that you indeed are a redneck imbecile...

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 08:04:29 PM »

Why?

it doesn't really have to do with this particular thread, but from other topics i've come to a conclusion that you indeed are a redneck imbecile...
Thats fine.

Even though I've never met you, I'm gonna come to the conclusion that you're a bleeding heart liberal who wears tacky shirts!

Why dirty up this topic?

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08:15 PM »
Even though I've never met you, I'm gonna come to the conclusion that you're a bleeding heart liberal who wears tacky shirts!

lmao i hate suffice

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:09:37 PM »

lmao i hate suffice
I always thought dude was pretty cool... He's made some good topics and seemed to have a good sense of humor.

Oh well. I'm not the one calling people names because of their posts on a message board.

SIKE!

YOU ASS!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 08:15:26 PM by Woodrow »

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 08:14:53 PM »
This is a good news. now more food for Kazakhstan. SUCCESS HIGH FIVE

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »
Zambia rejected the food because it was GM (genetically modified).  Either way... infinite needs to chill on randomly accepting things he hears other muslims say as if they are cold hard facts the food offered to Zambia was not poisoned, but Zambia rejected it for other reasons mainly because the US offered GM crops.

It should also be pointed out that:

a) this story is over a year old
b) the US was not using Zambia as a testing ground

http://www.mindfully.org/Food/2003/Zambia-Food-Crisis19sep03.htm

Zambia, like most African nations, currently has no regulatory system and appropriate infrastructure to cope with the scientific assessment that came with the introduction of GE products. There is still a lot of uncertainty about the safety of GE foods, not only for human and animal consumption but also for the environment. This necessitated the Zambian Government to evoke the Precautionary Principle. In addition, the GE food aid was brought into the Zambia without the “Advance Informed Consent” by the Zambian authorities, contrary to international practice.

The health concerns were based on the following three reasons: GE foods might contain new food toxins or new allergens, and might increase antibiotic resistance because of the widespread use of antibiotic resistance marker genes in GE products. It was noted that the millions of Americans who consume GE corn do so mostly in processed foods such as corn flakes and taco chips, and the new genetic formations that might cause health problems would be rendered harmless during the processing of these products. By contrast, Zambians eat unprocessed corn as the staple food and usually as the only source of carbohydrates, so its impact would be different. Zambians consume it for breakfast, lunch, supper and as a snack between meals. Another consideration was that the likely recipients of the food aid are the most vulnerable members of the society—the old, women and children—some of whom are in a poor state of health and immuno-compromised.

The environmental concerns were based on the fear of genetic contamination of traditional varieties since some recipients of the GE food aid would save some of it for planting since it came in the form of grain. This could lead to the loss of agricultural diversity in Zambia.

An example is the case of the Mexican native corn being “contaminated,” as recently reported in the science journal Nature of gene flow from U.S. corn varieties to criollo varieties in Oaxaca in southern Mexico. In addition, there were other mitigating factors, such as the worry that the Zambian agricultural exports to the European Union could be adversely affected.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 08:27:04 PM by Ant »

Matrix Heart

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 09:15:40 PM »

lmao you know what you just did  ;D

Redneck imbecile vs Mentally unstable  :nahnah:

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 12:41:41 AM »
How paranoid can you get?