Author Topic: Any MP3 players better then ipod?  (Read 576 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Any MP3 players better then ipod?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »
creatives mp3 players are ugly. simple as that. I wouldnt be caught dead carrying one of those around.

CHELSEA FC

• Lil Geezy
  • God Damn She's Hot...................RIP Makaveli,
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 05:10:29 AM »
some mp3 mite b better than ipods, but i've got an ipod and imo IPODs r the best

Jome

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 06:51:38 AM »
creatives mp3 players are ugly. simple as that. I wouldnt be caught dead carrying one of those around.

Lmfao, they look just like the Ipods, you Queer eye for the straight guy fashion dudes crack me up.  :laugh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »
any mp3 players better then ipod?

NO

A better question would be, "Which mp3 players is worse than Ipod".
I got the Creative Zen Touch 40GB, and wouldn't trade it for a Ipod and $100.

The only other player I would consider is iRiver H340 or iRiver iHP-140, they're also quality.
I just wouldn't consider buying a player with such a crappy battery and that force you to use TrashTunes.

so which one you think its better:creative zen micro or iriver

about iriver:
does it have any known flaws?whats up with battery?and hows the video stuff,quality of the video

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 01:01:59 PM »
I have an I River, and even my mate who has an I-Pod himself concedes that the I River is far better, and the sound quality is far better. Plus you can use it as a storage device for transferring files over to a mates computer such as pictures and such like, and you can get the 40GB version for cheaper than the 20GB I Pod.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 02:16:24 PM »
irivers are for poor people :)

Matty

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 03:08:06 PM »
i reccomend strongly against buying any form of ipod from personal experience. it might look cool but its a poor device - the battery life is shit and gets worse, it can randomly stop playing songs (hard drive problems and maybe just my bad luck) and most importantly, the sound quality is terrible, it has no bass.

my sony cd walkman with bass boost on absolutely kills the ipod for bass, the ipod just didn't seem to have any. plus you pay so much money for a device you expect it to come with decent headphones while the ipod comes with the crappiest things ever, forcing you to buy better ones and even then the sound quality is still terrible.

i reccomend sticking to sony for portable audio and i'd love to hear reviews from anyone with a sony HD based mp3 player cause that could well be my next purchase after ditching the ipod and going back to the trusty cd walkman.

ecrazy

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »
 ipod people who use hate itunes and have winamp, i use the ipod plug in for winamp, sooo much easier, and you can organize everything beforehand on your winamp, then just transfer it to your ipod
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888

I highly reccomend it

Im going to give my ipod to my little bro, and im thinking of buying another mp3 player or a PSP, does anyone know how  big the harddrive is on the PSP or how much memory is in those memory sticks they talk about that go with the PSP?? If its not that big, im going to go with prob. another Ipod, or something thats 40 GB and cheaper than an ipod...does anyone have price comparisions for all the mp3 players you guys are talking about?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2005, 03:57:34 PM »
^ YOU ARE GOD

Jome

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2005, 04:19:19 PM »
irivers are for poor people :)

That explains why they're the most expensive on the market huh.. ??  ::)
On the other hand, they got the most features and the best screen, that's why they're considered high-end mp3-players.
Irivers doesn't have the same fashion-oriented "trendy" audience as Ipod, they're targeting people who knows technology.

Im going to give my ipod to my little bro, and im thinking of buying another mp3 player or a PSP, does anyone know how  big the harddrive is on the PSP or how much memory is in those memory sticks they talk about that go with the PSP?? If its not that big, im going to go with prob. another Ipod, or something thats 40 GB and cheaper than an ipod...does anyone have price comparisions for all the mp3 players you guys are talking about?

PSP will not have a harddrive, and I don't expect the mem cards to have memory enough to compete with the Ipods/Zens/Irivers..
I think the value pack gives you a 32MB memory stick.
I use Hardware.no's price-guide, but I guess Americans got Best-buy or some sort of price comparison site..

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »
about iriver:does it have any known flaws?whats up with battery?and hows the video stuff,quality of the video

I haven't come across any flaws yet.  The only thing I would change is that there is a load time.

The battery is good, better than the iPod. 
Here are some battery tests:

Test --------1------------2--------------3---------4----------5---------------6
Equaliser --Normal------Normal--------SRS-----SRS--------SRS-----------Jazz
Play Mode -None--------None----------None-----None ------None----------None
Volume ----20---------- 20-------------20-------20---------20-------------20
File Types--mp3--------mp3------------mp3-----mp3------mp3-----------mp3
Bitrate -----192---------192------------192------192-------192------------192
Screen On -18 Times---All The Time--2 Times--5 Times--All The Time--4 times
Run Time --14:45 hr ---09:02----------09:33----09:13---5:58------------14:32

Test --------8----------9------------10------11------12
Equaliser --Normal---Wow preset-Normal-Normal-Normal
Play Mode -None-----D repeat-----D rpt----D rpt---D rpt
Volume ----20--------20------------20------20------20
File Types--ogg------mp3----------wma----mp3----mp3
Bitrate -----q6--------192----------192-----192-----192
Screen On -8 Times--7 ------------5--------6-------8
Run Time --9:34-----9:31---------10:28----8:42----13:15
Firmware---1.20------1.20---------1.20-----1.25K--1.20K

The video is kind of compilicated to hook up.  You have to adjust the settings in a certain way.  You just have to follow this.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2005, 11:15:08 PM »
Irivers... they're targeting people who knows technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod

I know technology and I wouldn't trade my iPod for anything else.

My 2nd generation iPod is still bumpin'...  <--- that's at least two years old.  The iPod Photo is the 5th generation of iPods (not counting the Mini or the Shuffle)  Plus, I had a 1st generation iPod back when they were Mac only... I gave it to my brother and bought me another... this one...

This is what I do with my iPod:
1.  MP3 player of course... still get good battery life out of it... about 4 hours on a full charge.  Listen to it everywhere... on the train, at the gym, in the car, at work... everywhere.
2.  Hardrive - I back up my data to it daily.  I can transfer large files from my Mac to my work PC or vice versa.
3.  Startup Disk - I have Mac OS X installed on it.  If my PowerBook ever goes down (hasn't yet), I can boot up from the iPod.
4.  PIM - I can't enter shit into it on-the-go, but I can sync it to my computer and have my calendar and contacts up to date.  As I'm bumpin' "Higher" on the train, I can pull up someones phone or check my calendar for shit that's coming up.
5.  Other stuff I'm forgetting right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod

Get an iPod.

ecrazy

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 09:01:07 AM »
On the weekend I had a go on the Ipod photo, its dope, it has colour screen, games view your photos, it was just dope, i just use my phone for mp3's

These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 11:12:45 PM »
im poor i got an ipod shuffle.... my mom got it for me