Author Topic: Question for Ant  (Read 104 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Question for Ant
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:18:33 PM »
March 2003, did u support the US invasion of Iraq and why
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

acbaylove

Re: Question for Ant
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 02:05:36 AM »
It's like asking Dre if he's gay.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 08:24:03 AM »
Leading up to the invasion of Iraq I didn't really follow politics much.  I disliked the people who were all gung-ho lets go kill some terrorists, but I also disliked the people who were calling the president a liar and seemed to be irrationally opposed to the war.

I've always been of the opinion that you can't win the so-called war on terrorism through violent means since violence and aggression only provokes more violence and aggression from the other side.  So, I've always been ashamed at the people in my country that think we can beat the terrorists into submission.  It takes a lot for people to be willing to kill themselves for a cause they strongly believe in.  Everyone likes to toss around the word evil but I don't believe in it.  Lots of people think crazy rednecks in America like trauma are evil, but really they are just people who are strongly devoted to their own particular ideology.  They aren't tryin to be evil, they think its righteous for us to go around torturing muslims... in their mind its a justifiable actions... but the same holds true for the people we call terrorists... their ideology leads them to believe they are actions are righteous... given this reality, the whole idea of killing terrorists is foolish.  you can't kill people who are willing to risk their lives for a cause they believe is just.... u'll just encourage more people to join the battle.... (which we've been doing)

that having all been said... i was skeptical about going into iraq until bush's state of the union. I remember thinking to myself that it just didn't sound realistic hearing what he was saying.. but he spoke with amazing conviction, and i thought to myself, the president of the US wouldnt' dare lie to the entire America population about such a situation... maybe in Bush's mind he wasn't lying.. maybe other people set him up to believe the nonsense he preached, but i thought to myself... well if they have nukes they should be disarmed... but at the same time I thought that the only way Iraq would help us win the so-called War on Terror was if the US went into Iraq, won easily with minimal bloodshed, and brought economic prosperity and political freedom to Iraq so that America could hold out Iraq as an example ot the muslim world that says "yes we aren't assholes.. yes we are actually concerned with your prosperity as well as our own."  I thought that if our invasion of iraq came to symbolize the good intentions of America that would have helped us discourage terrorism and I also believed bush when he said that is what he intended to do in Iraq... bring freedom and prosperity to an oppressed people....

but in the end that is obviously not what happened... we never brought political freedom or economic prosperity to iraq... we gave them a highly flawed election and misportrayed what really happened to the america public... we didnt bring economic prosperity, instead we pressured them to open-up  their markets to international competition.... and we certainly didn't win the war with minimal bloodshed... hundreds of thousands died or were injured and we set up torture prisons... but u already kno all this.

so did I support the invasion?  well it really isn't a yes or no type of question... just like john kerry and many senators and americans supported the war with their own set of stipulations i had my own, which i've outlined above... in the end when my reasons for supporting the war didn't come to fruition (i.e. we never brought prosperity to iraq, there were no WMD, and so on) I no longer had a reason to support the war or this president.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:14:40 AM »
It's like asking Dre if he's gay.

please don't add more to ants ego by comparing him to dre

Leading up to the invasion of Iraq I didn't really follow politics much.