Author Topic: Nas Speaks on 50 Cent  (Read 212 times)

Nas Speaks on 50 Cent
« on: March 30, 2005, 12:10:26 AM »
The big question circulating the streets and internet is will Nas respond to 50 Cent's comments on his diss track, "Piggy Bank." So far Jadakiss, and Fat Joe have responded, but so far no response from Nas.

With the question looming over his head, the Queensbridge rapper has been addressing the situation via British publications, and most recently was asked during his U.K. tour last week, but left it up in the air.

"Of course, there are a lot of people waiting for me to make this next record and go after 50," Nas explained to MTV. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen. I don't think it's really that deep. We all love hip-hop. It drives people crazy, 'Come on, come on! Respond with something! Respond!' You gotta chill and let us do our thing. People are gonna talk, the media is going be like 'Nas do this, do that.' At the end of the day, I'm the one that goes into the studio and lays it down. You gotta wait."

"To sum it all up, 50 is still a new artist," he continued. "I would say he's got a good five to six more albums before I can really respond to him. With my other battles, it was different. This is not really my thing right here. I would say he needs about five to six more albums."

When MTV asked Nas about being called out on "Piggy Bank," he responded calmly, and simply stated it was a "big publicity stunt," and that's "just hip-hop music."

Re: Nas Speaks on 50 Cent
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 12:28:20 AM »
my bad didnt realize ther was a thread about this already.......

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 12:51:49 AM »
i don't think the whole thing about "he needs to put out 5 or 6 more albums" sounds clear. Just makes Nas makes no sense. I mean, is that even making a connection to the question why or why not he was gonna respond?
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ColdManey

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 06:23:41 AM »
i don't think the whole thing about "he needs to put out 5 or 6 more albums" sounds clear. Just makes Nas makes no sense. I mean, is that even making a connection to the question why or why not he was gonna respond?

I think he means that 50 is basically unproven and not even close to Nas' level yet so he aint even worthy of Nas' attention at this point. I like that he aint playin into 50's gimmick. 50 used the others like rubbers. thats what he meant when he said "This is chess, not checkers." treatin other rappers like pawns.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 09:07:01 AM »
haha pussy...he still shook from when Dip Set made him look silly...

ColdManey

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 09:22:54 AM »

You cant be serious, dipset never made nobody but themselves look silly.

specityo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 06:20:40 PM »
This is about to get ugly.
looking for mc's for this group shit hit a nigga up dontcare818@hotmail.com

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 06:36:31 PM »
Nas would crush 50 in a lyrical battle!

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 07:21:26 PM »
Sounds to me like that's the best route Nas could take....not responding to it!  50 wants a response and Nas basically said, you're not worth my time, you're insignificant. ;D

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »
hahahahaha
dipset are nothing but a bunch of faggots wearing pink and purple

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 08:16:33 PM »
I wish he would light him up! 8)

ColdManey

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 04:31:17 PM »
Sounds to me like that's the best route Nas could take....not responding to it!  50 wants a response and Nas basically said, you're not worth my time, you're insignificant. ;D

Exactly.