Author Topic: Terry Schiavo died  (Read 541 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re: Terry Schiavo died
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 12:41:01 PM »
Blah, she died 15 years ago

That's the truth.

I feel bad for the vegetable, nobody deserves to be starved to death. I used to be 100% anti-euthanasia, but in cases like this, the suffering should come to an end.

I mean Christ, a dog gets better tratment.

co-sign

Matrix Heart

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »
Well she was doped up on morphine.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »
It's ironic that Americans called Iraqi insurgents savages for beheading their enemy's, and then these same American's turn around and pull out feeding tubes in hospitals and have patients starve to death for weeks.  If I had to choose how to die, beheading would be the quickest, and least painful measure.  Starving to death would be one of my last choices.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 01:07:02 PM »
Blah, she died 15 years ago

isnt she brain dead? why it a big issue on her starving to death. i dont kno anything about this nor do i really care to research it at the time but im guessing she doesnt even know shes being starved or is she dieing. honestly i find it worse that they were keeping the tube in versus pulling it out... i mean think abotu it would you want to sit in a hospital bed for 15 years and not be able to do shit? fuck that id rather die.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 01:19:02 PM »
It's ironic that Americans called Iraqi insurgents savages for beheading their enemy's, and then these same American's turn around and pull out feeding tubes in hospitals and have patients starve to death for weeks.  If I had to choose how to die, beheading would be the quickest, and least painful measure.  Starving to death would be one of my last choices.

Yeah beheading would be great method of dieing::) Have you ever seen the videos of Nick Berg and the other ones. You'll start screaming and then a Monster(terroritst) starts cuting your head of and it takes a few seconds to come off...Also you can use your brain for the last few seconds your head as came off so you can see that your body is not attached. If you dont believe watch the video and look at Nick Berg opening his mouth and watch his eyes move after they cut his head off...

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 09:41:56 PM »
good for her it was time for her to go........i think the pope is next tho.......

Thirteen

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 09:59:19 PM »

yeah i'd rather be a fully aware normal person that has to plead for his life for weeks before the people that are about to kill me make me once again plead on camera...then they slowly saw my head off with a kitchen knife and place this on the internet rather than a mental vegetable with no to little sense of awareness

you're a fucking idiot. this has already been established, and if you think the terrorists that cut off the people's heads fed and treated the people well before they cut their heads off, you're still a fucking idiot

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2005, 10:28:51 PM »
Yall are all godless heathens that don't believe in Souls, so this will fall on deaf ears, but the reason Terry Schiavo stayed alive for 15 years in that hospital bed, is because she WANTED TO.  she had the will of life.

You're not going to live 15 years on a feeding tube in a hospital room unless your soul, your essense, whatever gives you the desire to go on day after day is intact.  When you wake up in the morning, what is it that makes you want to get out of bed?  It's human desire, it's the will and the want of self-preservation.

It's my opinion that if Terry Schiavo wanted to die, there aren't enough doctors in the world to keep her body going. 

Lets face it: She only needed help EATING.  She breathed on her own, her heart beat on it's own.  She couldn't move her mouth and her throat to swallow. 

Go to a graveyard, and walk around and look at the tombstones.  I've done it countless times... look at the dates, on the really old couples, that have been married for decades.  You'll see 8 times out of 10, that when somebody loses their wife or husband of decades, they could be 80 years old, and they'll often die within 6 months or so of each other.  Why is that?  Do you honestly think that's just a coincidence?

It's not.  The reason that happens is because after their loved one is gone, they give up the will to live.  They actually allow themselves to die, they lose the fire that keeps them going every morning when they get out of bed.  They get to a point mentally, that their mind no longer wants their body to keep functioning, so slowly they turn worse, and often their dead within a year of their loved one.

Terry Schiavo lived 15 years in a hospital bed, because she hadn't given up her will to live.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now; with all that said, ultimately, it's legally her husband's right to decide for her, since she was incapacitated.  I think it was within his right, and even his obligation as a husband to decide one way or the other for her, even though I disagree with what he decided.  To me, the whole thing smells funny, especially since he's living with a girl and has two kids with her.  Ultimately, though, it was his right to 'pull the plug' and let his own wife STARVE TO DEATH.  I don't think the courts should have ever been involved, it's cut and dry; he's the next of kin, it's his decision, not her parents.  The day they were married, she became his responsibility, her parents have no concern legally over her anymore.

I'm usually against Civil Disobediance, but I gotta applaud the college kids that got busted sneaking bread and water into her hospice.  That's the best act of civil disobediance I've ever heard of.  Hilarious even.

I heard an argument on t.v. last night, that was very, very interesting.  One guy was saying "Why do you want her to die so much?" the pro tube puller said "I resent you saying we want her to die, we all want nothing but the best for her" and the guy said

"Well then give her some Food"

It really is that fucking simple.  It's just food.  A baby can't eat either, you have to help a baby eat.  that doesn't mean we pull the fucking plug and stop feeding them.  Really, it's asinine. 

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 10:36:26 PM »
to the trauma wowaweewa you are the very smart. i like. i like you. do you like me?

Thirteen

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 10:42:33 PM »
Trauma, you need to watch the last episode on South Park to put this situation in perspective...

with the leaps we've made in technology...how do you know that keeping her alive was God's will? we can clone humans, we can put people in cryogenic suspension, and we can put people on feeding tubes for as long as we want... aren't all of these things just people playing God too?

Lastly, if it was her time to go, then it was her time to go... can't argue with that

Matrix Heart

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 11:29:13 PM »
You'll see 8 times out of 10, that when somebody loses their wife or husband of decades, they could be 80 years old, and they'll often die within 6 months or so of each other.  Why is that?  Do you honestly think that's just a coincidence?

You better hope your sister doesn't die soon  ;D

hope glimmers

• 'G'
  • thats me
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 05:01:16 AM »
Maybe its me,but when exactly did it become humane to starve someone to death? Hopefully no one will ever do me that "favor".

but as of right now, what we think doesnt matter, its all over with now
love stinks yeah yeah

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2005, 08:39:26 AM »
Yall are all godless heathens that don't believe in Souls, so this will fall on deaf ears, but the reason Terry Schiavo stayed alive for 15 years in that hospital bed, is because she WANTED TO.  she had the will of life.

You're not going to live 15 years on a feeding tube in a hospital room unless your soul, your essense, whatever gives you the desire to go on day after day is intact.  When you wake up in the morning, what is it that makes you want to get out of bed?  It's human desire, it's the will and the want of self-preservation.

It's my opinion that if Terry Schiavo wanted to die, there aren't enough doctors in the world to keep her body going. 

Lets face it: She only needed help EATING.  She breathed on her own, her heart beat on it's own.  She couldn't move her mouth and her throat to swallow. 

Go to a graveyard, and walk around and look at the tombstones.  I've done it countless times... look at the dates, on the really old couples, that have been married for decades.  You'll see 8 times out of 10, that when somebody loses their wife or husband of decades, they could be 80 years old, and they'll often die within 6 months or so of each other.  Why is that?  Do you honestly think that's just a coincidence?

It's not.  The reason that happens is because after their loved one is gone, they give up the will to live.  They actually allow themselves to die, they lose the fire that keeps them going every morning when they get out of bed.  They get to a point mentally, that their mind no longer wants their body to keep functioning, so slowly they turn worse, and often their dead within a year of their loved one.

Terry Schiavo lived 15 years in a hospital bed, because she hadn't given up her will to live.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now; with all that said, ultimately, it's legally her husband's right to decide for her, since she was incapacitated.  I think it was within his right, and even his obligation as a husband to decide one way or the other for her, even though I disagree with what he decided.  To me, the whole thing smells funny, especially since he's living with a girl and has two kids with her.  Ultimately, though, it was his right to 'pull the plug' and let his own wife STARVE TO DEATH.  I don't think the courts should have ever been involved, it's cut and dry; he's the next of kin, it's his decision, not her parents.  The day they were married, she became his responsibility, her parents have no concern legally over her anymore.

I'm usually against Civil Disobediance, but I gotta applaud the college kids that got busted sneaking bread and water into her hospice.  That's the best act of civil disobediance I've ever heard of.  Hilarious even.

I heard an argument on t.v. last night, that was very, very interesting.  One guy was saying "Why do you want her to die so much?" the pro tube puller said "I resent you saying we want her to die, we all want nothing but the best for her" and the guy said

"Well then give her some Food"

It really is that fucking simple.  It's just food.  A baby can't eat either, you have to help a baby eat.  that doesn't mean we pull the fucking plug and stop feeding them.  Really, it's asinine. 

I work at hospitals and nursing homes.  Some of these people that have lived for years in a hospital, do want to die.  I've had patients ask me to kill them before.  They've been there for years, they are depressed, suffering, and they want to die, yet, Allah keeps them alive for one reason or another.  I've seen patients like Terry who have seen decades pass on feeding tubes.  I don't think that the mere fact that she survived for 15 years on a feeding tube is proof that she has chosen to live.  The husband claims that it was her will to die.  Basically, her husband knows the truth.  And if he's not telling the truth, then Allah Subbanna Wa Tallah will punish him.  Regardless of the situation, I think there were much more humane ways for her to die then to just pull the plug and watch her starve.  Usually in that situation you will see them shoot the patient up with morphine. 

Anyway....   Maybe your right, I don't have a really strong opinion about this situation one way or the other, I'm still undecided.   
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mauzip

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2005, 08:47:32 AM »
I work at hospitals and nursing homes. 

I think it's time to call 911.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 08:56:25 AM »
wow...terry schiavo and the pope.....please tell me this isnt an april fool's joke

peace