Author Topic: Clinton Aide admits stealing anti-terror documents from the national Archives  (Read 245 times)

Trauma-san

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/31/berger.plea.ap/index.html

Sandy Berger to plead guilty on documents charge
Thursday, March 31, 2005 Posted: 9:47 PM EST (0247 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former national security adviser Sandy Berger will plead guilty to taking classified material from the National Archives, a misdemeanor, the Justice Department said Thursday.

Berger is expected to appear in federal court in Washington on Friday, said Justice spokesman Bryan Sierra.

The charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of a year in prison and up to a $100,000 fine.

The former Clinton administration official previously acknowledged he removed from the National Archives copies of documents about the government's anti-terror efforts and notes that he took on those documents.

He said he was reviewing the materials to help determine which Clinton administration documents to provide to the independent commission investigating the September 11, 2001, terror attacks.

He called the episode "an honest mistake," and denied criminal wrongdoing.

Berger and his lawyer, Lanny Breuer, have said Berger knowingly removed the handwritten notes by placing them in his jacket and pants and inadvertently took copies of actual classified documents in a leather portfolio. He returned most of the documents, but some still are missing.

The materials related to a 2000 report on how government reacted to the terror threat prior to the millennium celebrations.

Berger stepped down as an adviser to Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's campaign last July after The Associated Press reported that the Justice Department was investigating the matter.

Many Democrats, including former President Clinton, suggested politics were behind disclosure of the probe only days before the release of the September 11 commission report, which Republicans feared would be a blow to President Bush's re-election campaign.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing what slips under the radar.  Yall ever heard of this?  Months before the September 11th commission held it's hearings (you know, where it tried to villianify Condi Rice & George Bush, before the elections, but got nowhere)... anyways, months before that happened, you had this Clinton Aide go into the archives, and steal all of President Clinton's documents showing what HE did as an anti-terror method before 9-11.  Documents, just strangely missing... so of course we can't say for sure what President Clinton did or DIDN'T do about Al-Qaeda, even though they had already bombed the U.S.S. Cole, and the World Trade Center in the 90's... because all the paperwork is gone. 

The dumbass went in the archives, and was stuffing the papers down his shirt, and his pants, and everything else.  "Honest Mistake", LOL you've got to be fucking kidding me. 

Of course, since it's a democrat fuck-up, it all gets blown over, while we keep blaming 9-11 on Bush. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Safe to say that both sides fucked up no?

Trauma-san

That's not the point I was trying to stab you with, though.  Read it again. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wouldnt say this went under the radar, it was in the Top Headlines section on my AOL Welcome Screen today...and thats huge especially with the whole Pope and Terry stories that are going on. 

Matrix Heart

Well the Pope, Terri Schiavo and Johnny Cochran all were on their deathbeds this week.

Great timing for him Jesusland is distracted they're too busy praying for Pope, Terri Schiavo and celebrating the death of Johnny Cochran.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Its amazing Trauma, how many things slip your radar but low and behold something anti clinton your redneck ass caught pretty quick.

Selective Ignorance?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Its amazing Trauma, how many things slip your radar but low and behold something anti clinton your redneck ass caught pretty quick.

Selective Ignorance?

lol

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Selective Ignorance?
agreed

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?