Author Topic: Anybody mosh and listen to punk?  (Read 718 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Anybody mosh and listen to punk?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2005, 09:58:51 PM »
LMAO @ "moshing to My Chemical Romance" how the fuck can you mosh to that thats on some pussy shit

wanna come to a show with me, I'll fuck you up, dont look at their emo exterior, their shows are high energy, sadness breeds anger, anger becomes energy, energy=mosh  They play really high energy shows, dont knock it till u see it.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2005, 06:15:39 AM »
whiteboy, what makes mars volta or arcade fire punk??

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2005, 08:12:44 AM »
^ im not good with genres, its all either rock or punk to me

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 06:59:59 AM »
^ im not good with genres, its all either rock or punk to me

punk is fast, hard, chaotic and simple...mars volta is kinda hard at times, but nothing anybody would refer to as punk, a lot too complex, too

Jakubs

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »
I listen to everything, including punk. I've never been a fan of mosh pits. I would rather enjoy the music and performance than worried about getting knocked out in the pit. They get pretty damn crazy in those things.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2005, 08:49:50 PM »
^^ yeah, good argumentation, when i see poors, i always wanna beat the shit out of them too

LOL ^

Punk is one of those genre's i've never really liked too much, my only exception is The Ramones, The Clash and Green Day. Saw Green Day earlier this year on their American Idiot tour, they put on a pretty good show. I can't stand all that new emo shit, some of the hardcore side of it is listenable like Thrusday or Posion the Well 'bout it though

As for moshing, yer i normally get in there and sometimes go up for a crowd surf. However there has been groups i've seen in the past such as QOTSA (which i can't wait to see em again in 2mths), The Strokes, Metallica, Atmosphere, etc where i've stood back and watched from a distance so i can appreciate it a bit more and just take it all in. The worst mosh i've been in was probably The Hives or Deftones, people just went crazy to em.

White Boy - TMV would be good to see the live, the only thing i don't like about them is some of their fan base. Most i've talked to about them are really ignorant and don't hesitate to hail them as the greatest band, down playing all other recent bands. I don't mind DCFC (indie band i might point out), go pick up their latest (John Byrd EP) if you haven't already got it.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2005, 10:18:27 PM »
ive only been to local gigs, mainly to hang out with friends and drink lol.  Its hilarious to see people in the mosh pits

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2005, 03:12:38 AM »
it would be fun to smash on some punk muhfuccas
but fucc punk music n all that shit

i never understood why people say stupid things like this. punk music aint really my thing, but why hate on it? im tellin yall, EVERY genre of music has atleast 3 songs you'll like. dont be so stuck on rap just cuz of what other people might say
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »
i seen the mars volta live, 1 i dint like, not many girls like them, so its like a dick parade, also, they played a lot of shit from "frances the mute" which i didnt feel was that good of a cd, i wanted to hear some deloused shit, i fuckin love that cd, they only did like 2 songs, i wanted to fuckin hear televators and track 1&2, and they didnt play it, also, the concert was like and hour and 30 min, but like, between EVERY FUCKIN SONG, they would do like 5-10 minutes of like calm trace shjit, were the dude just fucks around on the guitar, at first it was dope as shit, but after a lil, its like, just play the fuckin song, i was getting all sleepy, i wanted some energetic shit, like roulette dars.. but quality wise, they are very good, also they got a bucnh of dope instruments on stage, like this black dude on the keyboard is awesome, and some goofy white dude who plays the bongos and a sax, dope shit... i guessi shoul have went to their show before so i could have heard more shit from their old cd..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »
^^ hmm, yeah, i only got Deloused which is pretty dope, i dunno why they wouldn´t do a lot of that, it´s their most popular record. i can picture what it was like though, i would´ve probably been disappointed too, cause i really like mars volta

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2005, 02:09:07 PM »
^ sick sig btw, its gonna be my background.. yea their new record sounds like a fuckin fiesta, but the widow is sick , imo

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »
^ sick sig btw, its gonna be my background..
thank you...where´s that prop? :P

yea their new record sounds like a fuckin fiesta, but the widow is sick , imo
yeah, a fuckin fiesta by mars volta doesn´t really make my ears hunger for their shit...gotta download the widow though, i ain´t even heard that yet...

Mygla

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2005, 07:52:53 AM »
i know nothing about the different punk-genres... but some of the punk-bands (at least i think they're some kinda punk) i listen to are Bad Religion, Millencollin, Less Than Jake, old Offspring, Pennywise, The Vandals, old Green Day ++