Author Topic: what makes a joke rascist? should they be frowned upon  (Read 407 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
what makes a joke rascist? should they be frowned upon
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
its pretty much ok to tell a joke about the french, the welsh, irish, germans, americans etc. but as soon as a comedian tells a joke of about poeple of another colour they are branded rascist and bigots.

Its my personal opinion there shouldn't be all this negativity about it, a joke is a joke and not a statement of true feelings i enjoy all types of jokes as long as they are funny and that doesn't make me rascists for laughing either. i treat everyone as i see them and i have friends of all nationalities i even share a flat with people of multi nationalities 1 other english person, 1 pakistani, 1 chilien/danish and a shri lanken. i just can't understand the double standards.

please post your thaughts on this.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Diabolical

Re: what makes a joke rascist? should they be frowned upon
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 02:28:24 PM »
I think you should be allowed to say what you want without fear of being called a racist.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:29:51 PM »
I agree with you, a joke is a joke.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 03:41:51 PM »
Well maybe because racism is still an issue in the lives of people of color. All jokes have some sort of truth in them as well, so if you laugh at something that may be offensive, you're basically agreeing with it.

Not that I care, I laugh at basically anything unless it's joking about an unfortunate situation.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 04:02:50 PM »
What's a Mexican standing on the sidewalk?

Garbage.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 04:08:01 PM »
A mexican and a nigger are riding in car . . who's driving? 

A cop

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »
its pretty much ok to tell a joke about the french, the welsh, irish, germans, americans etc. but as soon as a comedian tells a joke of about poeple of another colour they are branded rascist and bigots.

Its my personal opinion there shouldn't be all this negativity about it, a joke is a joke and not a statement of true feelings i enjoy all types of jokes as long as they are funny and that doesn't make me rascists for laughing either. i treat everyone as i see them and i have friends of all nationalities i even share a flat with people of multi nationalities 1 other english person, 1 pakistani, 1 chilien/danish and a shri lanken. i just can't understand the double standards.

there is always a line you just cannot cross, some jokes are acceptable, but some are cruel and racist, there is also some truth to all jokes, so people can take offence.

i myslef live with a Mexican, a Frenchman, a Polish man and i'm Polish raised in Australia. we all call eachother the foreign fucks, french faggot, polish sausage, mexican kunt etc... and there are no problems because no mallice is involved in the comments... but you cannot go up to a filthy frenchman on the street and insult him for his culture, you would rightly get smacked the fuck up.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 06:05:01 PM »
the dutch boy who standing on the sidewalk?

a prostitute boy who do the sexy time with another man.

high five success. i like the joke. do you like the joke?

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

^^^this guy hasn't been banned yet?!?!?!????

you should be able to say what ever you want. altho some people might think your a racist, people will always make assumptions

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »
how long does it take a black girl to take a dump?

9 Months

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 12:13:12 AM »

LMFAO
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 07:59:48 AM »
A jokes a joke. If someone tells a joke degrading black people I laugh (if its funny)

I wouldn't mind blacks making jokes about white people.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 10:19:40 AM »

there is always a line you just cannot cross, some jokes are acceptable, but some are cruel and racist, there is also some truth to all jokes, so people can take offence.

i myslef live with a Mexican, a Frenchman, a Polish man and i'm Polish raised in Australia. we all call eachother the foreign fucks, french faggot, polish sausage, mexican kunt etc... and there are no problems because no mallice is involved in the comments... but you cannot go up to a filthy frenchman on the street and insult him for his culture, you would rightly get smacked the fuck up.

yea i agree going up to someone and telling jokes about their race/nationality can be offensive which is why i refered to comedians who are not telling a joke to anyone in particular but a whole audience. but then again us englishmen can't help but call the welsh sheep shaggers to their face when ever we see them

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Diabolical

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 10:48:44 AM »

LMFAO

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 08:38:12 AM »

LMAO