Author Topic: 2PAC: New tribute album done by Mutulu Shakur..  (Read 197 times)

Juice

2PAC: New tribute album done by Mutulu Shakur..
« on: August 09, 2002, 01:00:24 PM »

Mutulu Shakur, in the pic, Black Panther legend and step-father of Tupac Shakur, has made a double album dedicated to the late rapper who died in 1996 called DARE TO STRUGGLE (next volume will be DARE TO WIN). That's a tracklist with descriptions of the songs made by Mutulu.

CD ONE

1. Web Site

2. Pac’s Song
Me (Mutulu Shakur) and my daughter, Nzingha Shakur-Ali have put together a musical tribute which I wrote while in maximum security lock down on the night of Tupac’s passing.

3. A Poem for Tupac
The featured artist “Donnetria Reed” is a single parent struggling with its effects. She reflects on the titles of Tupac’s songs poetically, with tremendous appeal. This song represents the reality in a cross section of the lives Tupac has touched. Reminding us of his diverse appeal and his clear understanding of the joys and pains of that reality.

4. M I A (Missing In Action)
The Solitary Confinement Unit (SCU) featuring Kevlar DL has created an honor to rap artist that has transcended. Reminding us that they, like any other soldiers, were not found in the battlefield, or in this case, recognized by their people. They are our M I A’s until which time the People realize their contributions and sacrifices.

5. Never Give Up
My talented sister “Legacy” pushes us in this track to stand firm. Sisters and Brothers, Thugs, and Revolutionaries, and the people observing the reality of the times and our place in it. Reminding us to never give up and that we have many martyrs and heroes as examples to follow.

6. If God Is Watching
My strong spirited Brother Jibril attempts to establish a relationship between God, and the things that are. An ability to ask God questions without offending the Spirit. In fact, this track represents the long Struggle Tupac and others posed of their mortality in connection with God.

7. Enemies of the State Remix
This is a tribute to the Black Liberation Army by the SCU, featuring Kamikazi. It’s a recognition to forces who have taken up arms to defend the people against repression in our lifetime, most who are still locked down. It gives a review of our continued history of armed resistance for educational purposes. It demands research of the Seminole War, the Gullar War, and the Geecchie Conflict. Please realize that Tupac made it a point to give recognition to New Afrikan Freedom Fighters, Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War in his music.

8. Untitled
Mic Geronimo sends a message to the dwellers of the underground economy, as well as those trying to make it in the industry. The message is that whatever principals they have sacrificed, they can get another chance to come up. That they should take the chance because they could win. That the Street Life is not the end game, it could be a step to the truth; but not the “goal“. This message was given continuously from Tupac through his music.

9. Ride Tonight
This mellow drama from behind the Wall by the Solitary Confinement Unit, featuring Ife, is a raw lesson for those trying to get in every car, and be down on every move. Especially the drug game. The lyrics are hard, for the Life is hard. Riding could be a matter of life and death, especially when riding with those who you don’t know. An important lesson of the Game.  

10. Criminal Breed
Artist “DVD” points out how muddy the waters are in the drug game. The rules are blurred; what used to be right is wrong. A full blown expose of the Game.

11. Straight Ahead
Performed by the Original Thug Life’s “MoPreme“, my son and Tupac’s brother. He pushes the family forward on the principles that made us who we are. This song is dedicated to Tupac, and my nephew, the son of soldier Sekou Odinga, Kadafi-Yafao.

12. Thug Code
From behind the Walls, the SCU speaks of the need to establish a code of conduct of the so called “Thugs” who have both disgraced our people, and our communities. SCU is giving voice to the code that was envisioned, and supported by Tupac.

13. Oracle Format
This track by Counsel Black Sindakat, is a lyrical presentation demonstrating the power of the word and its effect on the political and cultural landscape. An internal reflection and analysis that Tupac and other artists consumed their lives with. The results and impact on their universe so perceived.

CD TWO

1. Web Site

2. Tupac at Lompoc
Me (Mutulu Shakur)and OG Freeze are presenting a history of Tupac. Putting into practice a support system against prison long before his own incarceration. Performed by prisoners and ex-prisoners, this track is in line with the goal of the CD, to give Tupac’s fans some history as to why he was targeted. Done on a Hail Mary backdrop, in the spirit of the Thug Life Soldiers and YNV coming to Lompoc, a maximum security Prison in California where I served time.

3. Blessings
Presented by the Outlawz, the last crew to be with Pac. They are family members giving thanks for where they come from, and giving honor to Pac and Kadaffi. A hard pushing lyrical testimony of Street Struggle.

4. Tribute to Daughters
I did this piece as a tribute to my daughters, Tupac’s sisters. These young women continue to suffer from Pac’s death and my long-term imprisonment. I send them my love.

5. The First Teardrop
An SCU joint, giving game to the sisters and daughters from the Abyss, in a Funk Jazz style.

6. Backs Against the Wall
Performed by Zayd, this is a tribute to Curtis Mayfield. It also represents the relationship that our Brothers and Sisters from the Streets feel in their current condition. It speaks to an attitude that Pac felt against the repression by the State but, still “Dared To Struggle“.

7. Enemies of the State
An original from behind the Wall by SCU, including Varo and myself. The theory of putting two versions of “Enemies of the State” on the CD is to show the importance we feel on the subject in support of our Soldiers and Freedom Fighters. Although the lyrics are the same where the remix pays recognition to Tupac, this version pays tribute to Martyrs of the Black Liberation Army and New Afrikan Freedom Fighters.

8. Let My People Go
Uno the Prophet tells the story of the targeting of the progressive forces in the communities; framing and setting up revolutionaries. This is the story of cointel-pro.

9. MIA Jazz
Another Solitary Confinement Unit joint focusing on the reasons why we are Missing In Action. Be it Black Liberation Army, The Hip Hop Nation or any Soldier that dares to stand up; they are all results of cointel-pro’s low intensity warfare. I believe that Tupac, Biggy Smalls and most of our Freedom Fighters were assassinated by cointel-pro. (The FBI’s counter intelligence program)

10. Keeping It Real
This young couple, Ife and Zayd, presents a strong product that challenges what is “Keeping it Real” when we are faced with snitches and traitors. When loyalty has lost to abandonment, where “Bling Bling” has replaced Peace and Love. “Keeping it Real” is now over rated.

11. Something Ain't Right
Again, we have Zayd and two of his crew mates expressing the sign of the times.

12. Freedom
A jazz piece that demonstrated the artistic freedom that music can still deliver, a message in musical language without lyrics. Freedom is what we Dare to Struggle for.

That shit is not for newbies. It's for real OG Pac fans. Def something i suggest you to buy.

http://www.daretostruggle.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bez

Re: 2PAC: New tribute album done by Mutulu Shakur.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 02:12:22 PM »
every song title sounds amazing!!!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 02:50:04 PM »
Sounds very interesting

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 04:07:36 PM »
Yea.. nice info Tonio.. Ill for sure be ordering this.  Thx.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Juice

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 04:20:26 PM »
Yea.. nice info Tonio.. Ill for sure be ordering this.  Thx.

Ax

Homie where's Good Thing We'Re Rapping? LOL. Hook that up plz. Thanx a lot.

P.S.
Order it, man. I'm doing it. That's some tight shit for real. Ghetto shit. Black Panther product. You know... wow!