Author Topic: rumour : kurupt off death row, and going on snoop tour  (Read 615 times)

Don Seer

Re: rumour : kurupt off death row, and going on snoop tour
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 11:12:58 AM »
i dont think suge paid kurupt 3 mill to be the VP and tha row and gonna let him go that easy
another deathrow artist drama is gonna start again man

Money aint a problem for Death Row. I think Suge did a reasonable move: he signed Kurupt to be the VP and to give new exposure to the label. Right now, Death Row cant release albums, so they gotta find something to still be mentioned by hip-hop fans. That move was nice. But both Suge and Kurupt knew it wasnt tecnically possible to release a real solo album.

Why cant they release albums?

Cause Kurupt is still signed to Antra Records.

open your focus... its not all about Kurupt over there.. they consistently fail to put out artists now.

they fragamented a lot of their fan base by hyping up one artist after another and not putting them out.

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »
i dont think suge paid kurupt 3 mill to be the VP and tha row and gonna let him go that easy
another deathrow artist drama is gonna start again man

Money aint a problem for Death Row. I think Suge did a reasonable move: he signed Kurupt to be the VP and to give new exposure to the label. Right now, Death Row cant release albums, so they gotta find something to still be mentioned by hip-hop fans. That move was nice. But both Suge and Kurupt knew it wasnt tecnically possible to release a real solo album.

Why cant they release albums?

Cause Kurupt is still signed to Antra Records.

open your focus... its not all about Kurupt over there.. they consistently fail to put out artists now.

they fragamented a lot of their fan base by hyping up one artist after another and not putting them out.

Man dont get me wrong, i'm not defending Death Row or Suge Knight for what they did with Crooked I, cause they probably did a mistake. The label is in COMA, imo! I'm defending this particular move. What would you do if it was impossible for your label to release a classic album? Option A: release an average album, ruining the legacy and letting all the haters exclaim: "Death Row is dead!" - Option B: try to pay a big name in the rap game (ex. Kurupt, Petey Pablo, Scarface, etc..) "forcing" him to wear a Death Row chain and making some noise. Enought to "survive" not ruining the legacy, hoping for better days. Suge knew Kurupt was signed to Antra, and that Antra didnt want Suge to sign him. Do you remember it when Suge announced Kurupt was back? Antra released an official statement saying Kurupt was still signed there, and no way it was possible for him to sign with Death Row. In fact he didnt. He only released an album as a group (The Originals is a group album, not a solo album), and ATG will never be released, we both know it. Kurupt was broke as fuck. He asked money to Snoop, Dre and Daz, but they dint support him. So Suge paid him, Kurupt helped Death Row to survive in the rap magazines, now Kurupt will back to DPGC. Nobody loose.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 12:32:39 PM by Antonio »

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 12:37:05 PM »
i really think although kurupt may have missed kickin it with snoop/daz/soopa ect he came back cause the only way hes gonna get shit released and make some money right now is through doin shit with daz......i mean doin a dpg album at the very least will get released indi from dpgrecordz and sell pretty well, and even could be picked up major especially cause snoops real hot right now.

shit snoop just blew up it would be sick to see him put people out.....could you imagine a soopafly album followed by a dpg album ewww that would be sick
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 12:42:49 PM »
i hope this is true, this will be good news for the westcoast and kurupt.  kurupt needs to put out a dope ass album with daz.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 03:52:59 PM »
Death Row is dead with or without Kurupt, so he betta move his ass back to Snoop's Gangstaville.

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2005, 03:57:45 PM »
kurupt dont deserve to go on this tour

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 04:04:31 PM »
^^^^UM why not???

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »
^^^^UM why not???

cuz this nigga was so confident when he left his niggaz for deathrow, n now that shit aint poppin with them he comes back just when shits gettin big again for these niggaz and shit on the west for a minute...he should stay in a studio while these niggaz is on tour n make some good music n get his head straight, goin on tour would make him think he a big timer again, he aint shit currently but lookin mo like a bitch each day to me........

but if he makes good music, i aint got nuttin against kurupt, cuz he use to be too sick.....but now he seem like a washed up nigga

Woodrow

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »
Wasn't kurupt bitching about the puff puff pass tour and how he would only get 500 bucks a show?

Would be cool to see, but really... He's going back and forth a BUNCH. saying one thing and doing another...

Oh well, You gotta do what you gotta do. Kurupt's still dope as hell.

rob_keys

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005, 06:07:53 PM »
Hopefully this whole thing shows the dick riders how horrible of a businessman Suge is, and that Deathrow is looong dead and buried.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 07:34:24 PM »

i dont know why they r lettin this flip flop ass nigga get back in the mix like shit is kosher...

i bet u bad azz is mad as fuck at this shit..and how everything is turnin out

if bad azz is on tour..with snoop nem.. i think he should steal off on kurupt's bitch ass in front of everybody.. they should give dude that much...

aint loyal..i wouldnt trust that fuck nigga... he comes in get fed and cleaned up... and watch he go back..i bet money he gone go back 2 suge...