Author Topic: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!  (Read 1107 times)

SGV

Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
shut it

King Of L.A.

yup i agree. these old cats are past there time and alot of these dudes on here won't let it go.

mauzip

you forgot about 40 Glocc!

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you cant just decide whos gonna bring the west back. age has little to do with talent. i'll take spice 1 over crooked i any day.

and its gonna be sly boogy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think that if Sly Boogy or Crooked I would blow up, it would really pave the way for the other artists you've mentioned...So really what we should do is support the artists from the west with the most chances of blowing up...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

Point blank.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

SGV

I didn't list everyone, of course, because I'll be here all day. Artists like Spitfiya, Sly, Crooked, G.Black, Bishop Lamont, etc. got major deals so they need your support the most, but that doesn't mean to exclude the others based on that fact!!

Fuck a Spice-1. He's dropped nothing but garbage for the past 7/8 years. Dude is WAY passed his prime. He is NOT whats crackin'. He still drops a hot verse every once in a while, but he ain't doing SHIT for the West by dropping so much wack shit.

SHOTGUN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • If it ain't Compton, it ain't nuttin'
fuccin agree. south central cartel, mc eiht, snoop, daz, warren g, all some washed up ass niggas. they aint doin shit but makin the west look washed up. bitch ass studio gangstas anyway. its time for new niggas to shine. muthafuccas like Young Hoggs, Spitfiya, Lil E, Armed N Dangerous, Dresta, Swoop G.
and we aint tellin u to be a Crip or dat otha thang..whateva dat is..u know

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^the real g's???

ecrazy

Re: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 03:19:36 PM »
Agreed!

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 03:27:41 PM »
The westcoast never fell over it was sleeping in compton

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 03:40:22 PM »
fantasy land...

established artists will continue to sell until they retire, their sales drop or they fuck up bad..

'confidence' in the industry is based upon a sales record. thats why people wont put out substandard product and would rather drop something we'd love to come out.. because it tarnishes the labels sales record. thats why your spice 1's etc dont have huge deals yet snoop will because he knows what to do to sell. its strictly business..

hating on them acheives nothing.

grow up and face facts. real MC's dont sell. they're too complicated for main stream audience and unless they dumb down will never appeal to the masses.

the people with the purse strings and power are idiots who want the same recycled shit over and over again.. watered down formulas copying whats host with no innovation.. if the souths hot.. they rush there.. once the west is hot again.. they'll be back.. until the love affair turns sour again or something else blows up.

when someone does break through its a suprise.. but the labels revert to formula and mix this new 'fad' into the melting pot... before you know it this persons sound is oversatured and you're back to square one.

only people who will play along with the whims of the corporate machine will suceed commercially.

its the nature of the game.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 03:45:01 PM by Overseer »

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 03:49:02 PM »
worrd. i agree with this.

wc-reppin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »
Frontline is so damn tight!!! Their cd is banging from beginning to end