Author Topic: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!  (Read 1112 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 03:58:35 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!
I see your point, but Im gonna continue liking, supporting, and talking about those "old" rappers over most of the new ones because I like them better.

DAYUM

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 04:03:58 PM »
damn some people just put too much time thinking about West Coast Rap lol

SGV

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 04:06:23 PM »
grow up and face facts. real MC's dont sell. they're too complicated for main stream audience and unless they dumb down will never appeal to the masses.

Whats complicated about Bishop Lamont? Blunts L.L.A.? Mr. Kee? The Team? Nothing! They don't go anywhere passed regional success because they don't get the support from their own.

There's no hating going on, only the truth. Snoop's really the only old rapper doing anything out West. I give him his props for that, because he's changing with the times, but everyone else? Please!

A.G.: We are on WestCoastConnection, so it would make sense that we "put time" into thinking about the West Coast.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 04:15:54 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!
i say support new artists,
but also support good music in general whether old or new artists.

Big BpG

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 04:18:51 PM »
we're snoop fans, not westcoast fans...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

DAYUM

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 04:20:18 PM »
hey im just sayin i havent thought about this for a while...

to tell u the truth i dont know any of the artists your nameing and i dont like Bishop Lamont

i just like that old school shit

SGV

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 04:24:19 PM »

to tell u the truth i dont know any of the artists your nameing

Which is my exact poinT

Suga Foot

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 04:35:02 PM »
I think a lot of Hip Hop fans are afraid to try new things.  I know for me, I've been listening to the Team and Federation more than anything in the last few months. 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 04:45:02 PM »
not gonna happen because DPG can still drop tracks better then anyone in the west
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

BL7

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
I think a lot of Hip Hop fans are afraid to try new things.

True. But sometimes the new things just aren't that good. I agree with SGV on a few things, though, there are still older rappers(Quik)who make good music. The new guys who are actually good will get my support, and so will the OGs.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 04:59:53 PM by BL7 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »
Well it's like this. When there shit catches my ears, then I'll give em support. I've been hearing heat from a few of those cats named so I'll support them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 04:58:03 PM »
you forgot about e40

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 05:15:58 PM »
not gonna happen because DPG can still drop tracks better then anyone in the west

about as closed-minded as it gets
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
The new cats can't bring the west back without the help from the old mufuckas......nuff said..... 8)