Author Topic: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!  (Read 1102 times)

SGV

Re: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 05:30:25 PM »
The new cats can't bring the west back without the help from the old mufuckas......nuff said..... 8)
G.Black got his foot in the door (without any help) and Game kicked it open (With 50's help). The time is now, we need to get behind our Young artists and push them to the forefront, as opposed to 34 year old dudes who won't be rappin' in another 3 years.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »
man this thread is a joke to me because i judge my favorite rappers on one thing and one thing only SKILLS so i dont give a fuck about record sales.

and as a westcoast rap fan i dont have to like every new artist. I like whatever is heat whether the rapper is 20 or 37. there are some new cats I dig balance,federation,bishop,just to name a few but quite honestly there are also alot of rappers that are new and horrible.

For me age doesnt matter I still love Spice 1, e-40 and Messy Marv because they still come hard on their verses and personally i think they still drop hot fucken shit.

I like plenty of new artists on the west but to abondon my favorite rappers ever like c-bo,yukmouth,daz,kurupt,spice1,celly cel because i need to move on to the "newer rappers" is a bunch of bullshit.

I like g.black,game,crooked i and a ton of fresher cats and the more the better but in no way am I going to stop listening to the pioneers of westcoast rap!!

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 05:44:06 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

^^^^^ THE REALEST SHIT SHIT U EVER WROTE !!!   IT'S TIME FOR THE New West Order aka THE NEW WEST TO STAND THE FUCC UP AND SUPPORT THESE NEW CATS, BECAUSE IT'S THEM THAT'S GOING TO BRING THE WEST BACC TO THE TOP, NOT THESE OLD HEADS WHO DONT GIVE A FUCC, THEY HAD THIER CHANCE AND DIDNT WANT TO BRING SOME NEW TALENT.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 05:48:16 PM »
Maybe snoop and dre dont care about promoting other rappers from the west and giving them a chance but that doesnt meen that everyone feels like that.

Im sure Too Short and Spice 1 would love to open new doors for other artists but they dont get the chance like snoop and snoop doesnt do shit but make songs with faggot ass artsists.

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 05:57:56 PM »
The new cats can't bring the west back without the help from the old mufuckas......nuff said..... 8)
G.Black got his foot in the door (without any help) and Game kicked it open (With 50's help). The time is now, we need to get behind our Young artists and push them to the forefront, as opposed to 34 year old dudes who won't be rappin' in another 3 years.

Your right about Black but if Game wasnt with Aftermath (Dre) Game wouldn't of kicked shit open........Theres a lot of West Coast Rappers who are past 37 years old and their still rappin and probaly will continue until they die.......and the time is NOW but it wont happen without the Old West Coast Rappers......

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
I don't really care for the artist's age. If the artist is old/new it doesn't matter to me. I support good music only. Simple as that.

madsamoan

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2005, 06:54:44 PM »
SGV i understand your point as far as talking about the "new blood" in West Coast Hip Hop that should be getting the exposure and the attention from the fans instead of us supporting these so called "old rappers" that you are talking about. I admire your point of view but where the fuck do you get off calling these guys "old"? Why, Because anybody over 30 is considered a "senior citizen" in your eyes? I don't understand how age comes into play. I'm pretty sure people that listen to James Brown, George Clinton, Ron Isley, and
Aerosmith don't think of their age when they are bumbin' their  cd's in their rides or checking them out in concert.Besides, All the rappers you've mentioned are never gonna blow because of their lack of promotion,record sales,etc. because the fans know what wack is from good. Real recognize real.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »
i dont care care how old somebody is as long as he is dope

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2005, 07:48:59 PM »
i dont care care how old somebody is as long as he is dope
SGV i understand your point as far as talking about the "new blood" in West Coast Hip Hop that should be getting the exposure and the attention from the fans instead of us supporting these so called "old rappers" that you are talking about. I admire your point of view but where the fuck do you get off calling these guys "old"? Why, Because anybody over 30 is considered a "senior citizen" in your eyes? I don't understand how age comes into play. I'm pretty sure people that listen to James Brown, George Clinton, Ron Isley, and
Aerosmith don't think of their age when they are bumbin' their cd's in their rides or checking them out in concert.Besides, All the rappers you've mentioned are never gonna blow because of their lack of promotion,record sales,etc. because the fans know what wack is from good. Real recognize real.

SGV

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
Hip Hop is for the Young, period! I know these dudes ain't Gang bangin' in their 30s. I know they ain't Pimpin' in their 30s. I know they ain't slangin' D in their 30s. I know they ain't Clubbin' in their 30s! And, considering thats all most of em talk about, thats where I get off sayin' they old!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 07:53:34 PM by SGV »

davida.b.

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2005, 08:29:42 PM »
Hip Hop is for the Young, period! I know these dudes ain't Gang bangin' in their 30s. I know they ain't Pimpin' in their 30s. I know they ain't slangin' D in their 30s. I know they ain't Clubbin' in their 30s! And, considering thats all most of em talk about, thats where I get off sayin' they old!

Well....there probably are dudes in there 30s that do that stuff, but hey, to each his own.

(by the way, you forgot Wallet, L.A. Zuu, Dynamic Certified, and Filthee Immigrants)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 08:32:41 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

and for damn sure NOT snoop
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2005, 09:03:33 PM »

(by the way, you forgot Wallet, L.A. Zuu, Dynamic Certified, and Filthee Immigrants)
I guess people don't understand the meaning of "etc."  ::)

The Watcher

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2005, 09:34:33 PM »
and how do we 'support' them? I for one won't be buying a CD until most of them have major label deals. CDs alone here cost $30, then to get it shipped here costs nearly another $20 .. thats $50 for a cd!

when they make music that catches my attention, i will start listening
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2005, 10:44:19 PM »
I like the new acts, and I still love the established acts. Who cares who releases CDs? There is always gonna be an underground right along side with the mainstream. Spice 1 knows he isn't gonna sell millions anymore. Not everyone is looking to sell multiplatinum. I'd say 300,000 on an independant deal probably pulls in $2 mill. That's a grip. Besides, look at Dre, Rakim, Too Short, Cube, and the Wu. They are still dropping stuff, and they all have been around for 20 or so years.

And it's not like these young guys aren't doing something. Crook is signed to Universal. Sly Boogy is getting a lot of recognition. Rick Rock doesn't need to be 20 and shit to make bangers and The Federation is tearing shit up with Sicwidit. And I forgot who 40 Glocc is signed with, but it's a major label.

Support everyone if it sounds good. Who really gives a fuck?