Author Topic: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!  (Read 1106 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2005, 09:33:21 AM »
yeah he right, but them new cats need some support from the already famous rapper

SGV

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2005, 09:45:53 AM »
The only way for these old rappers to support the new rappers is for the new rappers to make some noise. How can they make noise? If WE support them.

Im ridin' for the New West, are you?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2005, 10:13:20 AM »
its not even about US just supporting them. Its also about these "older rappers" supporting them. Go to the east and see who they know, or even respect from the west. It is like who u mentioned....Snoop, Dre, Cube....etc. When these respected westcoast artist wont even work with the "newer" cats....what message does that send?

its not even about US just supporting them. Its also about these "older rappers" supporting them. Go to the east and see who they know, or even respect from the west. It is like who u mentioned....Snoop, Dre, Cube....etc. When these respected westcoast artist wont even work with the "newer" cats....what message does that send?

yeah exactly. how about Dre give some beats to Crooked I or Spit Fiya (who could benefit from them) instead of giving them to somebody like Eminem woh waiste them on songs like "Big Weenie".

or instead of Snoop putting Nelly and 50 Cent on his album, he use his singles to promote Soopafly and Bad Azz

im tellin yall aint nobody gone support the West if we not supportin ourself
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2005, 10:25:04 AM »
^Yessir!!!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2005, 10:30:36 AM »
I think a lot of Hip Hop fans are afraid to try new things.  I know for me, I've been listening to the Team and Federation more than anything in the last few months. 

afraid ain't the word for me. I live up here in BC. So the only way I can listen to these artists are by the internet..and it's fuckin hard to find these dude's albums online. YOu fuckers might say "Buy IT online!"..well, I want to listen to what im going to buy first ;D...i do that with all my albums i buy now a days.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2005, 10:35:53 AM »
a perfect example of what SGV said is how 2pac and death row topics still get the most views and replies on here. i mean damn, its 2005 not 1995! shit amazes me.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

SGV

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2005, 10:42:27 AM »
A Topic about Snoop getting a divorce gets more attention than a Frontline topic. Shit's ridiculous!!!

Es El Duque: Sandboxautomatic.com, Friscostreetshow.com, HipHopWest.com, Siccness.net, RapTalk.net, etc. These are all good online stores you can find almost anything you're lookin' for by searching these sites. Don't give me that "I can't find it online" shit!!! You can find it, you just don't look hard enough!

Give me an example of what you can't find.

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2005, 12:13:21 PM »
this thread isnt blamming older rappers, its making a real good point.

look at the eastcoast: do you still see Slick Rick, Public Enemy, Biz Markie, Doug E. Fresh, etc hogging the spotlight? NO.

but if you look at the big names on the West Coast from 10 years ago - same people: Snoop, Dre, Nate Dogg, Ice Cube, etc. its sad we still got old rappers like Daz, Mc Eiht, DJ Quik, and so on still tryna blow up (no offense to those artist)

I love they music but its obvious none of them are making music as good as they used to. so if they're gonna stay in the rap game, why not do something to help out our coast? help Sly Boogie, Crooked I, Spit Fiya, 40 Glocc, and all the other new cats come up.

That's it

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2005, 12:58:12 PM »
I think old rappers that are still makin hot shit should be supported, but the ones who fell off shouldn't. We don't hear a lot of new artist beside mixtapes here, but i expect bishop lamont to have a hot album, cuz he is a good lyricist, better than game and the rest of g-unit, so with good promotions and all that i can see him be a star

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2005, 02:11:28 PM »
this thread isnt blamming older rappers, its making a real good point.

look at the eastcoast: do you still see Slick Rick, Public Enemy, Biz Markie, Doug E. Fresh, etc hogging the spotlight? NO.

but if you look at the big names on the West Coast from 10 years ago - same people: Snoop, Dre, Nate Dogg, Ice Cube, etc. its sad we still got old rappers like Daz, Mc Eiht, DJ Quik, and so on still tryna blow up (no offense to those artist)

I love they music but its obvious none of them are making music as good as they used to. so if they're gonna stay in the rap game, why not do something to help out our coast? help Sly Boogie, Crooked I, Spit Fiya, 40 Glocc, and all the other new cats come up.

I agree with you to a point, but what is wrong with the older cats to release music? If Slick Rick wanted to do another CD, every rap fan in NY would stand up and support it.

And you can't assume every rapper is looking for the come up. Nate is established and he knows that. He can't push a solo CD and he knows that. But I like the fact that he will help out the indie acts. He charges them like $5000 for a hook which is pretty cheap, and for mainstream he gets like $30,000. I'm sure if you talked with a number of established rappers on independant deals, they would tell you they would do the same thing.

It's about doing something you love. The new guys, sure, they are looking for the come up. But there is nothing wrong with releasing CDs because you love doing music. If I heard MC Eiht trying to get a major deal, I wouldn't buy it cause it would be a joke. Get in where you fit in.

And from what I've seen Sly Boogy has been working with everyone. He's been on the grind. Crooked I just needs to get his name out there more, but he has worked with a lot of folks too. He was on Yukmouth's last CD. 40 Glocc has been putting in a lot of work too. Never heard of Spit Fiya. It's not on the old cats to make them blow up. They continually support the new acts, but if you are talking about getting radio play, the old guys can't even get on the radio, how the hell do you think they are gonna get other people on? It's all on the hustle of the new guys.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2005, 02:48:39 PM »
dont get it twisted, im all for the "older rappers" still makin records...as long as they representin the west right. Rappers like Quik and E-40 have been around forever, Quik even longer then Snoop. But i love seein those muhafuckas come out with new shit. They keep it real westcoast. They dont sellout for a big payout, they still represent Kali. They rap about what they want to, whether it sells or not. And at the same time, i repect em FAR more then Snoop and Dre. Quik, to me might be the most talented (overall) muhafucka in rap music. The fans here do gotta support the new guys. the older cats gotta support the new guys. And the new guys gotta kick in tha door without countin on the older cats. Me myself, i havent bought an eastcoast CD in at least 9 yrs. I decided to completely stop buying em. They hate on our artists out there, they dont give us radio play out there, their record stores hardly sell any of our shit. So fuckit, i dont buy theres. Even an album i might want, i dont buy it. Westcoast artists, i buy. Problem is, so many people out here just buy into anything they see on tv. They get influenced easily. Plus, u gotta lot of "fans" that really dont know shit about rap music. But theyre positive that 50 cent is the best rapper in the world. lol. Stupid.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2005, 03:06:27 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

I agree with ya...I mean, I like the older cats and will probably never like these newer rappers shit as much as I liked the older guy's shit from 93-96, but the youth is the future!

madsamoan

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2005, 04:27:23 PM »
The only way for these old rappers to support the new rappers is for the new rappers to make some noise. How can they make noise? If WE support them.

Im ridin' for the New West, are you?

I see your point in all this talk about rappers don't rap about pimpin', bangin',slangin' way into thei mid or late 30's.
Just like when i see cats like Snoop and MC Eiht still flaggin' and wearing colors at the age of 33. Shit don't make sense.
My bad SGV for kinda venting at you earlier. I will behave now Sir....lol

I'm all for supporting the new Blood in West Coast music as long as they come correct.

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2005, 04:37:34 PM »
i agree with lots of whats being said but even the old rappers , well we aint really hearing about em , like mc eiht anyway, i still wanna hear stuff from him its all good ... snoop well hes doin a great job and trying to bring the west back maybe others need to step back yea
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2005, 04:43:31 PM »
i thought someone brought up an old thread from several years ago...i remember starting bascially the same thread about 3 years ago...the situation is still the same and is pretty much not gonna change...no one is gonna support those artists outside of hardcore westcoast fans...and most of them will just download the music anyway..so we are pretty much waisting our time here 8)