Author Topic: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!  (Read 1109 times)

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: I Think It's Time These Old Rappers Step Down!! The New West Is Ready!
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »
EVERY ONE ON THA WEST COAST NEEDS 2 STOP HATIN ON EACH OTHER AND START BACKING EACH OTHER UP. STOP HATIN AND THROW UR DUBS UP

we gotta suport every artist doin somethang for da west.we gotta suport da new and da 'old' artists.we gotta keep together and suport da west.

Big BpG

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2005, 09:04:29 PM »
This isn't true for just the westcoast... it's every coast, from east to west, north to south... it's every side... man, it's world mutha fucking wide...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

rob_keys

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2005, 11:07:48 PM »
Lets be real, dubcc, ya'll here are still stuck in 1996. It's time to support Frontline, Bishop Lamont (for his skills, not affiliation, you homos!), Balance, Mitchy Slick, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, Self Scientific, Mistah F.A.B., Blunts L.L.A., Mr. Kee, The Team, The Federation, Smigg Dirtee, A-Wax, Playa Rae, Global City, Reazn, etc.

These are the cats doing it now. They're the ones that need your support. They're the ones bringing the West back. Not Foesum, not Warren G, not MC Eiht, not South Central Cartel, NONE of these old ass rappers are bringing the West back! Anyone supporting them over the new generation is only hurting the West! New West stand up!!!

You make a good point. Most of the Westcoast vets are stuck back in the day. Ain't puttin' nothin' new out. However, you also need to tell the new artists to step they game up. I'd say about 75-80% of the new Westcoast emcees poppin' up have been complete garbage IMO. If Westcoast fans hardly even feel them, how is the rest of the world going to?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 11:10:24 PM by rob_keys »

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2005, 11:15:03 PM »
warren g still has that heat though.

SGV

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2005, 10:19:04 AM »

You make a good point. Most of the Westcoast vets are stuck back in the day. Ain't puttin' nothin' new out. However, you also need to tell the new artists to step they game up. I'd say about 75-80% of the new Westcoast emcees poppin' up have been complete garbage IMO. If Westcoast fans hardly even feel them, how is the rest of the world going to?
9 out of 10 up and coming emcees from the West are more lyrical than any emcee prior to them. Lyricism still isn't respected in the West. Its getting there, but it'll be another while. People are more concerned with whos more "Gangsta" than anything else, out West, still.

Edit:

I don't think people realize, gangsta music is dead now.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2005, 11:59:10 AM »
9 out of 10 up and coming emcees from the West are more lyrical than any emcee prior to them. Lyricism still isn't respected in the West. Its getting there, but it'll be another while. People are more concerned with whos more "Gangsta" than anything else, out West, still.

Edit:

I don't think people realize, gangsta music is dead now.

NY just doesn't want to believe that the west actually has some people that can spit better than most rappers over there. But it's hard to stray away from the gangsta scene when it's there every single day. And if you think about it, the northeast is really the only place without actual gangs. They have their cliques, but they aren't out there with red and blue on. But to be truly honest with you, I believe gangsta music is dead too. Spice 1, SCC, RBX, and so on will never be able to release music like they used to and have it sell today. It's just a change. Gangsta shit will always be popular, but the murder raps aren't working anymore.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2005, 12:02:10 PM »
you know whos good?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2005, 07:35:50 PM »
i thought someone brought up an old thread from several years ago...i remember starting bascially the same thread about 3 years ago...the situation is still the same and is pretty much not gonna change...no one is gonna support those artists outside of hardcore westcoast fans...and most of them will just download the music anyway..so we are pretty much waisting our time here 8)

True...Many people have made this point way before SGV.