Author Topic: Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointment  (Read 420 times)

Fashizzle

• 'G'
  • I love chronic!
Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointment
« on: August 07, 2002, 11:39:55 AM »
The Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointment to me ya... 6/10! OK, Snoop comes of nice on "Light that shit up" and "Tell it like it is"... It's nice to hear a new hungry dogghouse mc; E-white, he's pretty dope, not much thou.. not the heat I thought it would be, Soopafly is ok nothin spectacular sameol Soopafly, it's good but not oh yes... Latoya aint even my type of shit kinda like the Doggy's angels... It was very nice to hear Lady of Rage back in the cut thou! Rbx didnt have me dissapointed either... but still the production on this one aint really blazin At All, well sometimes Hi-tek can be tight, Premier was too, but the Entirety of this album's production is pretty weak I must say!!! Nor bad nor blazin... Don't get me wrong I loooved Hi-Tek's production on "Eastside Ridaz" but this is not like that!
This is kinda like the dissapointment you got outta tha Eastsidaz second... Yeah, Dope but not the heat you was lookin for... or thought it would be!! Ya dig? Duces 'N Trays was Even ALOT better than This Doggystyle Records release!
And where's Meech Wells?? And Fred Wreck? And Battlecat's "Bleezbalevit!" type-of-productions? Why isn't solid-Dre providing anything? He's everywhere in hiphop nowadays but aint never givin Snoop any beats! the 2 musicly Lay Low with eachother too much!

just my opinion...

platinumk777

Re: Doggystyle all star is a bit of a dissapointme
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 11:57:08 AM »
The Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointment to me ya... 6/10! OK, Snoop comes of nice on "Light that shit up" and "Tell it like it is"... It's nice to hear a new hungry dogghouse mc; E-white, he's pretty dope, not much thou.. not the heat I thought it would be, Soopafly is ok nothin spectacular sameol Soopafly, it's good but not oh yes... Latoya aint even my type of shit kinda like the Doggy's angels... It was very nice to hear Lady of Rage back in the cut thou! Rbx didnt have me dissapointed either... but still the production on this one aint really blazin At All, well sometimes Hi-tek can be tight, Premier was too, but the Entirety of this album's production is pretty weak I must say!!! Nor bad nor blazin...
This is kinda like the dissapointment you gotta outta tha Eastsidaz second... Dope but not the heat you was lookin for... or thought it would be!! Ya dig?
And where's Meech Wells?? And Battlecat's bleezbalevit type of productions? Why isn't solid-Dre providing anything? He's everywhere in hiphop nowadays but aint never givin Snoop any beats! the 2 musicly Lay Low too much with eachother!

just my opinion...

Amen
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
Re: Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointme
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 02:38:27 PM »
The Doggystyle All Star is a bit of a dissapointment to me ya... 6/10! OK, Snoop comes of nice on "Light that shit up" and "Tell it like it is"... It's nice to hear a new hungry dogghouse mc; E-white, he's pretty dope, not much thou.. not the heat I thought it would be, Soopafly is ok nothin spectacular sameol Soopafly, it's good but not oh yes... Latoya aint even my type of shit kinda like the Doggy's angels... It was very nice to hear Lady of Rage back in the cut thou! Rbx didnt have me dissapointed either... but still the production on this one aint really blazin At All, well sometimes Hi-tek can be tight, Premier was too, but the Entirety of this album's production is pretty weak I must say!!! Nor bad nor blazin... Don't get me wrong I loooved Hi-Tek's production on "Eastside Ridaz" but this is not like that!
This is kinda like the dissapointment you got outta tha Eastsidaz second... Yeah, Dope but not the heat you was lookin for... or thought it would be!! Ya dig? Duces 'N Trays was Even ALOT better than This Doggystyle Records release!
And where's Meech Wells?? And Fred Wreck? And Battlecat's "Bleezbalevit!" type-of-productions? Why isn't solid-Dre providing anything? He's everywhere in hiphop nowadays but aint never givin Snoop any beats! the 2 musicly Lay Low with eachother too much!

just my opinion...

Well keep in mind that it is a COMPILATION.  Pretty much an appetizer for Paid the Cost to be the Boss.  I think Snoop's goal is to make superstars out of Latoya, Soopafly, and E-White..we'll see if that happens.  I think Soopafly and E-White come off tight as hell on this album, while Latoya Williams isnt really my kinda music.  I think the album bangs overall though.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 05:05:34 PM »

I think Snoop's goal is to make superstars out of Latoya, Soopafly, and E-White..we'll see if that happens.  

i think the only one who has potential to be a superstar on doggystyle instead of snoop is e.white. soopaflys been out for a while now and his status hasnt changed. latoiya doesnt do the type of R&B music that todays mainsteam digs. kokane is just fuckin annoying to alotta people. e.white is new and fresh and no ones really heard him yet. i bet if he gets the right producers, some tight lyrics, and good promotion, his solo debut might have some potential to work his way up to a superstar. but hes the only on besides snoop who i think can do it.
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Jome

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 05:54:17 PM »
I only schemed through this comp. one time, but there seems more than enough dope music to make me buy it.
It's some kinda new hip-funk if you ask me.

themovie

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 06:22:18 PM »
There's fred wreck and meech wells too!
Battlecat BLEEZBALEVIT ? ? ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 06:28:55 PM »
Its a compilation so it don't surprise me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

themovie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 06:31:24 PM »
E-white comes tight on every track,he brings heat for real!!!!!
Listen to "doin it bigg" or "tell it like it was" for example,this guy can blow up

themovie

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 07:04:47 PM »
but still the production on this one aint really blazin At All, well sometimes Hi-tek can be tight, Premier was too, but the Entirety of this album's production is pretty weak I must say!!!

S-O-M-E-T-I-M-E-S- hi-tek can be tight ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2002, 07:10:07 PM »
It's some kinda new hip-funk if you ask me.

um i just call it g-funk still......it's just the new generation
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

platinumk777

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2002, 09:08:52 PM »

um i just call it g-funk still......it's just the new generation

There is only one kind of G-Funk, and it died a long time ago. I don't know how to describe these beats, but they sure as hell ain't bangin

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2002, 09:24:34 PM »
i know this album ain't that good...but i'ma still buy the shit anyways...when it comes out in best buy...it will only probably be like 10-11 bucks anyways...

themovie

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 09:26:37 PM »

There is only one kind of G-Funk, and it died a long time ago. I don't know how to describe these beats, but they sure as hell ain't bangin

Ok.Why u got a snoop pic on your avatar ?
Every snoop's fan knows this album is bangin!

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 09:57:55 PM »
I think Latoya does have a chance of blowing up even if she doesnt sound like the current R&B acts.. neither did Tweet and she blew up.. this album isnt all too good, but it has its good tracks..
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 01:46:10 AM »
I just wanna hear more of the Lady Of Rage, cos she can spit.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...