Author Topic: Tired of annoying flash advertisements, moving ads, or ads with sound.. ??  (Read 487 times)

Throwback

how do you do that shit with the tabs. i've been usin mozilla Firefox but i never found out how to do that.

Jome

I still havent Installed It, But is this just an "Skin" Of Sorts For IE just like Avant, only thing that makes it different is a ad blocker and tabbed webviews????????? im still contimplating downloading it, i dunno, i think i just might...but if this is a totally different browser, would i have to install Flash & Shockwave and all those plugins again for this Browser???

No, it doesn't use IE at all..
It's a little separate program on 5 MB, easy install, easy to use, and easy to get rid of if you like IE better. (You will not)
Flash, Shochwave, Acrobat, etc. everything else will still work fine in Firefox.

Firefox is a LOT faster than IE, blocks pop-ups, blocks ads/sounds and flash ads, it's totally configurable, better bookmarks/favorites, easier to use, etc., you can download separate skins to make it look like whatever you want.. even has a "Google searchbar" built in, which you can change to whatever search function you want.
+ I use a plugin called "Quicknote", it's like "notepad" built into Firefox..

how do you do that shit with the tabs. i've been usin mozilla Firefox but i never found out how to do that.

Use the button on your mousewheel.. click a link by pressing the mousewheel down..  8)
Strange in the beginning, but awesome when you get used to it.
Opens a new tab with the link you pressed.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
Re: Tired of annoying flash advertisements, moving ads, or ads with sound.. ??
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2004, 04:41:39 AM »
this is pretty dope, i downloaded firefox last night, and i really like it :)

I stopped usin IE a couple weeks ago and switched to it, I've been lovin it ever since.  One question, how do you delete your temporary internet files from Mozilla?

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear cache

Tried Avant once, but it couldn't do half the things FireFox & Opera can do..
myIE is also wack.  >:(

so what do u recomend?

gee, well I'm just gonna take a fuckin shot in the dark here and take a wild fuckin guess.  I would guess that jome is reccomending mozilla firebird.  but remember, this is just a fuckin shot in the dark, so I probably have a good 90% chance of being wrong, almost as good of odds as you hitting puberty within the next 2 years.  keep up the intelligent fuckin posts einstein.

^^^lmfao...... 8) ;D :D 8)

Throwback

it doesnt work with firefox 1.02..

Jome

^^ Well, this is a old topic, but this should work with the new version:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=nt&id=10

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
now that i installed firefoxxx anyone know if its safe to remove IE from my pc? i hate havin shit that i dont use on my pc
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit