Poll

Do you believe that 2Pac is the greatest of all time, even now?

Yes
52 (69.3%)
No
23 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time  (Read 1251 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »
Not to me. I think that Rakim, Chuck D, Mos Def and The D.O.C are all superior.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2005, 09:23:32 PM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2005, 10:38:18 PM »
Let's line up everyone, and see what we can make of all this. The most important part of being the GOAT, is having a great career. As far as 'Pac, his the most complete rapper to ever grap the mic. He wasn't just lyrical, or social, or on some battling shit, he was all of that, plus political, uplifting, he could rap a beat, I think that listen to Revolution on Rap Phenomion II, his vocals on the Victory beat was better than Biggie's verse. And Victory to me is one example of Biggie being the second greatest eastcoast rapper ever. Rakim to me is the GOAT of New York, you can't argue nothing, but 'Pac's lyrical abuse of Biggie, and his social uplifting songs like Keep Your Head Up, White Man's World, and basically the whole Me Against the World album, and the fact 'Pac was on some more political shit aside from showing he can be as lyrical as Rakim with some of his shit on Makaveli. 'Pac was the most complete package you will ever find in rap music, no one has touched him yet. 'Pac is the GOAT.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2005, 01:40:35 AM »
IMO, hands down the greatest of all time. No other MC ever has (and probably never will) touch people on a mass level like Pac did. IMO, he's really the only hip hop artist being labeled as an "icon".

and IcebergSlim is a joke. Get the fuck off this board man.....all your "opinions" are completely warped and lack any common sense or credibility.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 01:57:42 AM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2005, 01:52:25 AM »
also, while im here, id just like to take the time to say that.....

"U Can Be Touched" (og version) > 50 cents existence

acbaylove

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 02:47:05 AM »

Common people dont even know them, here in Italy.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 04:51:22 AM »
common people don't know them in america. Ice CUBE IS THE GREATEAT HOW MANY CLASSICS DID HE DO

STRAIGHT OUUTA COMPTON
BOW DOWN
DA LYNCH MOB
DEATH CERTIFICATE
AMERIKKKAS MOST
LETHAL INJECTION

HE STARTED IT ALL
United Arab States

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
pac is the greatest people still talkin bout his music 8 years on doesnt matta how many shit albums they release of him his LYRICS still touch me even wit wack ass eminem production
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »

Common people dont even know them, here in Italy.

What has that got to do with anything?

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2005, 11:02:41 PM »
Tupac Is The Greatest That Will Ever Grace The Mic

tempo2

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2005, 03:47:02 AM »
right for all the people who dont think his the greatest i need you to roll up a joint and listen, i mean totally concentrate on the following tunes:

- keep ya head up = this tune is soo fucking deep man,sol lyrical with so much meaning, if you knew what was happening with 2pac at the time u will understand this tune. what it means to your average person, "if you fall, stand tall" "whilst the rich kids is drivin benz, im still trying to hold on to surviving friends", "i remember marvin gaye used to sing to me, he had me feeling black was the thing to be" these lyrics absoloutley shit on 99.9 percent of other music artists not just rap artsist, at the end of the day music is about relation and intepretation that to me says enough...

- dear mama = if you could make a song about your mam and how much you loved her, this would be a song you'd love to come up with, lyricial content hear is poetic and amazing and so is the melodys in his rhymes providing pac was just not a great lyricisit.

- brenda's got a babay = this song proves 2pac is one of the greatets story tellers on the mic, "brendas got a boyfriend, so lets sit back and watch the joy end" this is my favourite line of all time, it makes you draw into his music and picture what the fuck is happening as he tells the story of struggle, even tho his rhyming and just rapping it makes you pay attention and remember it, 2:30 long verse absoloutley fucking dope and shits on 99.9% of other rappers material...

- god bless the dead = i choose this track just to show you 2pac's delivery and emcee' on the mic. "i used to have a crimal mind, i was addicted to trying" simle, deep and monivating. addicting to trying? take a second and think what he means hear. do you know that bit in his first verse where the beat drop of and where left with drums 2pac spitting and then the beat kicks back in, now thats fucking hip hop man.

i could go on and on, you have political songs, club songs, love songs, poetic songs, just plain emcing songs respected in the streets, refelective songs, songs about life and not just about guns and drugs, storys of struggle, storys of living well.....

2pac was the greatest because you got to kind of know him through his music, a paranoid young man confused about whether to be a gangster or a gentleman, how many of us can relate to this shit?

andy today we know have hip hop / r & b as the most popular form of music, it really pisses me off how people today who like rap i.e. 50 cent dont appreciate this fucking guy, it really does.....

get at me

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2005, 05:54:09 AM »
right for all the people who dont think his the greatest i need you to roll up a joint and listen, i mean totally concentrate on the following tunes:

- keep ya head up = this tune is soo fucking deep man,sol lyrical with so much meaning, if you knew what was happening with 2pac at the time u will understand this tune. what it means to your average person, "if you fall, stand tall" "whilst the rich kids is drivin benz, im still trying to hold on to surviving friends", "i remember marvin gaye used to sing to me, he had me feeling black was the thing to be" these lyrics absoloutley shit on 99.9 percent of other music artists not just rap artsist, at the end of the day music is about relation and intepretation that to me says enough...

- dear mama = if you could make a song about your mam and how much you loved her, this would be a song you'd love to come up with, lyricial content hear is poetic and amazing and so is the melodys in his rhymes providing pac was just not a great lyricisit.

- brenda's got a babay = this song proves 2pac is one of the greatets story tellers on the mic, "brendas got a boyfriend, so lets sit back and watch the joy end" this is my favourite line of all time, it makes you draw into his music and picture what the fuck is happening as he tells the story of struggle, even tho his rhyming and just rapping it makes you pay attention and remember it, 2:30 long verse absoloutley fucking dope and shits on 99.9% of other rappers material...

- god bless the dead = i choose this track just to show you 2pac's delivery and emcee' on the mic. "i used to have a crimal mind, i was addicted to trying" simle, deep and monivating. addicting to trying? take a second and think what he means hear. do you know that bit in his first verse where the beat drop of and where left with drums 2pac spitting and then the beat kicks back in, now thats fucking hip hop man.

i could go on and on, you have political songs, club songs, love songs, poetic songs, just plain emcing songs respected in the streets, refelective songs, songs about life and not just about guns and drugs, storys of struggle, storys of living well.....

2pac was the greatest because you got to kind of know him through his music, a paranoid young man confused about whether to be a gangster or a gentleman, how many of us can relate to this shit?

andy today we know have hip hop / r & b as the most popular form of music, it really pisses me off how people today who like rap i.e. 50 cent dont appreciate this fucking guy, it really does.....

get at me

Knowledge.

Pac is GOAT. By far. Close thread.

Guice

• Lil Geezy
  • Eastsidin' On Tha Pacific Coast
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2005, 03:07:39 AM »
When u think of all tha other possibilities for G.O.A.T. like Notorious B.I.G., Rakim, KRS-1, ect.....aint none of these dudes had a strong as work ethic or passion for tha music like pac did.....n' there have been better lyricists than him but still couldnt nobody tell it like he could.

He is definitely by far tha G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T - 2Pac

mauzip

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2005, 03:15:49 AM »
2Pac is probably the greatest rapper of all time. You may like for example Rakim better as an artist, but 2Pac was more than just an artist. Everybody knows that. Rakim's impact is nothing compared to 2Pac's.

acbaylove

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2005, 03:34:35 AM »
Let me add just another tracks, pls..

- tear drops and closed caskets = the most underrated Pac song ever, imo. This shit is just perfect, front to back. You see everything in this song: technique (just listen the way they rap, one after the other, like if it was just 1 guy rapping. perfect timing, great coordination. something for real pro's, not just the average fake rappers you hear today on mtv), lyrics (damn just listen to the story: it's incredible!! maybe better than Brenda's, imo), passion (Pac was unique interpretating his own lyrics, crying, smiling, screaming.. you can feel his pain when he's talking about dead people, or his rage when he's talking about his enemies), social problems (the story is so damn real it aint even funny), etc.. this track shits on the whole 50 Cent career.

Not to mention California Love, I Get Around, I Aint Mad At Cha, Hail Mary and the other masterpieces who still cant be touched by today's rappers. C'mon dont joke! He's the GOAT no fucking doubt.