Poll

Do you believe that 2Pac is the greatest of all time, even now?

Yes
52 (69.3%)
No
23 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time  (Read 1249 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2005, 09:30:31 AM »
Not to me. I think that Rakim, Chuck D, Mos Def and The D.O.C are all superior.

Common people dont even know them, here in Italy.

What has that got to do with anything?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2005, 02:04:12 PM »
2 West Coast rappers out of 10! woah! ::)

1 West Coast rapper. ::)

1 West Coast rapper ::)

Mmmmm..

And your point is...

knuckles is a joke those lists are putrid. that wasnt a representation of the best rappers that was a horrible group of lists right there but i expect nothing different from a cknuckles post.

Goddam you are stupid.  Read what is above those lists, that's where they are from.  I didn't make those.
Seriously, how old are you?

^^those lists are incredibly whack for the most part
yeah I agree ... my top ten would be:
2pac
cube
nas
rakim
krs-one
scarface
ice-t
chuck d
ll cool J
biggie

So you agree that those lists are "incredibly whack" yet you produce a list that is very similar.   ::)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2005, 03:35:54 PM »
no way is 2pac the greatest

big pun, biggie, snoop, dre, crooked i, fat joe, jay z, nas

they are all better than pac was

and this post definatly warrants a negative karma, or two. Or three.

The only MC u mentioned that is worthy is Nas. Fat Joe, Crooked I, Snoop?? Get the fuck outta here. Dre? He dont even write his own lyrics, that right there makes Pac better by default. Pun?? Not enough material, never got into him anyway.

and Biggie and Jay Z are by far the two most overrated rappers of ALL TIME (followed closely by Eminem). Im sick and tired of all the dickriding these two get. Honestly, I cant stand either one of them (and no, it doesnt have anything to do with Pac beefing with them, because Pac had beef with Nas and Mobb Deep and I like them just fine), and quite frankly, they wouldnt even make my top 30. Also, I cant stand their fans either, especially Biggie fans. Hate them with a passion.

Truth...

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2005, 08:54:20 PM »

Mmmmm..

And your point is...

knuckles is a joke those lists are putrid. that wasnt a representation of the best rappers that was a horrible group of lists right there but i expect nothing different from a cknuckles post.

Goddam you are stupid.  Read what is above those lists, that's where they are from.  I didn't make those.
Seriously, how old are you?

^^those lists are incredibly whack for the most part
yeah I agree ... my top ten would be:
2pac
cube
nas
rakim
krs-one
scarface
ice-t
chuck d
ll cool J
biggie

So you agree that those lists are "incredibly whack" yet you produce a list that is very similar.   ::)
uuuuummmm...no. I produced a list that kind of has similiar artists, but very different order. There is no kool g rap, big daddy kane, slick rick, grandmaster caz, Jay z, common, or andre. When I agreed that those lists were "incredibly whack" it mainly meant on the order of the artists and a few other artists that were put in the list such as kool g rap, big daddy kane, slick rick, etc.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2005, 10:11:27 PM »
there's no way that Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, or some of those other Eastcoast rappers are better than Pac, those lists must have come from an Eastcoast forum or something.  i agree with Nas and Rakim being on those lists but above Pac??? no fucking way
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

acbaylove

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2005, 01:35:44 AM »

Mmmmm..

And your point is...

My point is that if you make on of those polls in this forum you'll have 8 rappers out of 10 being from the West Coast. Got it?

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2005, 08:40:10 AM »
Everbody forgets about The D.O.C. he could of been just as big as 2pac

Elevz

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »

The D.O.C. was a great rapper before his accident, but does he really have all of the content Pac had? The power of being an icon?

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2005, 11:18:03 AM »

The D.O.C. was a great rapper before his accident, but does he really have all of the content Pac had? The power of being an icon?
Not as a icon but maybe as a rapper. No one can do it better is easily in the top 5 best albums ever made, the lyrics are just amazing and his flow is untouchable.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2005, 12:33:29 PM »
My point is that if you make on of those polls in this forum you'll have 8 rappers out of 10 being from the West Coast. Got it?

And your point is...
Those weren't from eastcoast forums or eastcoast magazines, just hip-hop forums and hip-hop magazines.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2005, 12:37:24 PM »
uuuuummmm...no. I produced a list that kind of has similiar artists, but very different order. There is no kool g rap, big daddy kane, slick rick, grandmaster caz, Jay z, common, or andre. When I agreed that those lists were "incredibly whack" it mainly meant on the order of the artists and a few other artists that were put in the list such as kool g rap, big daddy kane, slick rick, etc.

Only two of the ten rappers you had weren't on those lists. 
So you're basically calling them wack because the order is a couple off of what you think they should be and because three legends like Kane, G Rap and Slick Rick were on them?  ::)

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »
I'll actually agree with icebergslim on most of what he says, no matter how controversial it seems to most of you. Pac sure was overrated - he probably died at his career high. That's helped a lot, imagine if Rakim would have died in 1992 just after completing "Don't sweat the technique". Imagine if Pac lived to see 2000. He probably would have fell off, releasing R&B tracks and all that. People would have said Ra was the GOAT, people would have complained about how Pac fell the fuck off. It's all about timing. Rakim is still alive and he hasn't been up there for years. Pac died at his career high. Does that definately make him the greatest?

The greatest of all time... It's just hard to define that. Pac sure is way up there, along with a few others. However, Pac doesn't outshine the others. Biggie was a better story teller, Biggie had better lyrics, Biggie had a better flow. Pac had better content for his songs. Pac put more emotion to his tracks. Then there's people like Nas and The D.O.C. or Eazy-E, Ice Cube... All are up there, none of them are perfect, none of them outshine the others. Is there even a G.O.A.T? I don't think so.

Finally, someone who agrees with reason!  Tupac would have eventually fallen off like any other rapper or singer, but Tupac went out while he was on top, thus people think of him as the GOAT. If 50 cent went out right now, hands down, people would consider 50 cent the GOAT. Judging by 50 Cents chart record of having like 4 singles in the top 5 or top 10 or something, which was something only the Beatles had done - arguably makes him the greastest rapper simply on that feat alone. I still believe Too Short was more original than Tupac and had his on unique style. Tupac just acted a fool most of the time and was doing things for show to sell records, IMO. Look at Tupac's first album and then look at what he eventually became. He changed his style and attitude to sell records. Too SHort, Eazy-E and others were always the same type of rapper and didnt change their style to sell records. For shock value, I'd say that Mc Hammer, Young MC and Vanilla Ice all had more "it" personality than Tupac. I could see Young MC going gangsta after his CD to sell more records. Oh I forgot, Hammer did sign with tha row! LOL

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2005, 12:45:49 PM »
Icebergslim is a moron why listen to him ??? Your reasons are so moronic its not even funny.

Shut the fuck up...

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2005, 12:51:42 PM »
^^^no shit,  pac never would have fallen the fuck off, thats a joke right there, the guy has been  dead for a decade almost and hes still selling millions. 2pac always is and always will be the g.o.a.t. and if he was alive right now that would still be the case.

cknuckles and iceberg are morons. not enough rappers fromt he west on there so called top 10 ever list.  where the fuck is too short? where is kurupt? (listen to doggfood,kuruption,streetz,space, and anythnig else he has ever done and tell me whos better?) where is ice cube or snoop?

enough about rakim or big daddy kane, OVERATED!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2005, 02:07:05 PM »
Pac would have neva fallen off!!!  he may have stopped rapping to act but he wouldn't have fallen off...no way
NO MORE WAR