Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the Minuteman Project?  (Read 168 times)

What are your thoughts on the Minuteman Project?
« on: April 10, 2005, 01:10:41 AM »
You may have seen news reports about the "Minuteman Project" along the Arizona/Mexico border. A couple of hundred people, many of them armed, set up watch along the border to help nab illegal immigrants, and to protest U.S. immigration policies.

President Bush hit the nail on the head when he referred to the Minuteman group as "vigilantes." Although the project's organizers dispute that, there is little doubt that many of them are armed, and that it's only a matter of time before a cross-border gun battle breaks out.

And there also is little doubt that if the news media hadn't jumped on this story with both feet, the Minuteman Project may not have lasted more than a few minutes.

For one thing, southeastern Arizona is a harsh environment. The stretch of border being "patrolled" by the Minutemen, 23 miles between Douglas and Naco, is a medium-high desert region in which even a moderate wind seems to be a gale, driving grains of desert sand into your eyes and mouth.

For another thing, this media dog-and-pony show will have little or no effect on the number of people crossing the border illegally. Repeated efforts by U.S. agencies to shut down border crossings result only in illegals moving on to the next crossing, and the next.

The only effective means of controlling illegal immigration is to eliminate the reasons for doing it. There must be better trade between Mexico and the United States, and Mexico's government must be willing to allow U.S. companies to develop further into that country.

The Minuteman Project is a waste of time - and more than a little dangerous.

What do you guys think of the "Minuteman Project"?

I think its just a bunch of White Supremacists who want mess around with my fellow beaners. I dont think that they are there to protect our border the only reason they are there is because they want to have fun with mexicans just like that guy Bryan Barton (http://www.nationalledger.com/scribe/archives/2005/04/minuteman_volun.shtml) . The only thing that the "Minuteman Project" will cause is violence by both sides. There is rumors that the Mara SalvaTrucha Gang (MS13 Gang) will shoot/kill people who are participating with the "Minuteman Project" and those who hold Mexicans against their will. If any people from the "Minuteman Project" were to be shot or killed it wouldnt neccesarily make me happy but it is what they deserve imo.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: What are your thoughts on the Minuteman Project?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 08:54:54 PM »
word on the streets is some MS 13s are gonna shoot em up
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:21:41 PM »
I applaud their, errgh, 'intentions' I guess? I can't support what they're doing, though.  You can't just go around taking the law into your own hands, that's reckless.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 09:24:59 PM »
It's pointless.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 09:47:12 PM »
Yeah, I guess they're just trying to make a 'statement' or whatever, but it's really just fucking stupid.  The government has taken a stance of basically not enforcing our immigration laws, so you can't go patrol one small area of the border, and hope to make a difference.

What do these people think they're going to do? Are they prepared to shoot and kill some Mexican man walking across the border maybe with his two little girls trailing behind him?  If they can't look him in the eye and do that, then what the fuck are they doing?

I'm not saying they should kill them, I'm just saying there's really nothing they can do if the people want to come into the country.  Without the government arresting them, they can't physically harm these people.  At one point you have to think, which is worse, we've got mexicans all over the fucking place, or me hurting some man just because he wants a better life for his family? 

If they're not going to do it legally, I'm not going to do it on my own, that's fucking crazy. 

Besides, I like mexicans.  I don't see the problem, to be honest.  I dont' care if the whole fucking country turns spanish, they're only taking advantage of things people and the government are letting them take advantage of.  The only reason they're taking people's jobs, is because they're doing the job BETTER.  I've never met a mexican yet that wasn't one hard working motherfucker, and if hard working entails hopping the border without a green card, that's no threat to me or my family.  Even if the mexicans take ALL the fucking jobs, ultimately it's up to me as a man to provide for my family in the face of ANY obstacle. 

I don't think Mexicans take advantage of any government programs anymore than natural citizens do, so attacking them for trying to draw welfare and shit like that is pointless, unless you're going to bitch about all the born and raised Americans who do the same thing.  Attacking them about gangs and shit like that is pointless, because we've got plenty of white and black and asian gangs on our own.

Ultimately I think they're good people.  With that said, I seriously think the government should be restricting immigration, unless they want to lose the entire country... but since the government is choosing not to, I can't get mad at these people for taking advantage of the opportunity.

If I was a mexican, I'd be doing the same fucking thing. 

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 10:09:53 PM »
^^^Trauma for President!!!!!!!!!

Matrix Heart

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 10:17:27 PM »
^^^Trauma for President of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!