Author Topic: Bush even gets booed at the Popes Funeral.......  (Read 970 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Bush even gets booed at the Popes Funeral.......
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:58:54 PM »
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...pr_wh/bush_pope

Bush was close to the front of the section reserved for world leaders, who are being seated in alphabetical order — in French. The United States in French is Etats-Unis. A parallel section will seat Catholic leaders.

Bush sat on the aisle in the second row, next to his wife, Laura. Beside them were French President Jacques Chirac and his wife, Bernadette. The two presidents shook hands.

When Bush's face appeared on giant screen TVs showing the ceremony, many in the crowds outside St. Peter's Square booed and whistled.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Trauma-san

Re: Bush even gets booed at the Popes Funeral.......
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 10:05:27 PM »
... which just shows the class of the assholes in attendance.  Who in the fuck with an OUNCE of couth would boo somebody at a fucking funeral, much less the POPE'S funeral.  Have some class. 

That you would even applaud it shows you to be the arrogant, fatherless bastard we all know you are. 

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »
maybe thats a greeting in french.... ::) :o ??? :-X :-[ :-\

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:55 PM »
... which just shows the class of the assholes in attendance.  Who in the fuck with an OUNCE of couth would boo somebody at a fucking funeral, much less the POPE'S funeral.  Have some class. 

Relax.  Take a second to gather your thoughts before you post.  Read your posts over and edit them. 

I never said I applauded that behavior.  I posted this thread because this event is just another example proving just how much Bush is hated throughout the world.  Only in America are people brainwashed enough to support his foriegn policy's.  It's nice to know the rest of the world isn't that blind.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 10:22:14 PM »
I dont support Bush at all.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 10:46:42 PM »
As an American Catholic, I can honestly say if I was there, I'd be booing too. I do not want someone that went against the Pope's wishes of peace at his funeral. The Pope stood for peace, he stood for the end of Communism, and people's rights to practice religion well trying to build a bridge with the other religious leaders of the world. Bush has stood for unjust wars, and forcing his religious views on a country, well making another religion basically outlawed in the world. Bush has stood for everything the Pope was against, and to see him at my religious leaders funeral is sickning to me. I hope he has prayed for forgiveness, because the Lord knows he needs it. If he has, then I can see it. If I was him, I would more than likely break down at the Pope's body and beg the world to forgive me, because his soul needs a lot of prayer.

Typing this actually makes me want to pray for Bush, after all I was raised to forgive. So I say a prayer for George Bush tonight. May God have mercy on his soul.

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 10:55:22 PM »
As an American Catholic, I can honestly say if I was there, I'd be booing too.

So you'd boo at a somebody trying to pay his respects to a great man?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 10:58:12 PM »
As an American Catholic, I can honestly say if I was there, I'd be booing too.

So you'd boo at a somebody trying to pay his respects to a great man?

read the whole thing. He wasn't paying respects, if he was, he'd actually hear the Pope out in his quest for peace. Instead, he is using this as a chance to get photos and try to help him out politically. If he was honest about honoring the Pope, he'd cry at his casket and beg for forgiveness to God.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 11:03:02 PM »
read the whole thing. He wasn't paying respects, if he was, he'd actually hear the Pope out in his quest for peace. Instead, he is using this as a chance to get photos and try to help him out politically. If he was honest about honoring the Pope, he'd cry at his casket and beg for forgiveness to God.
All I needed to read is that you're ignorant/spiteful enough to boo somebody at a funeral.

You talk about Bushes actions, but really... If you booed somebody at a funeral, what does that make you?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »
All I needed to read is that you're ignorant/spiteful enough to boo somebody at a funeral.

You talk about Bushes actions, but really... If you booed somebody at a funeral, what does that make you?

Someone who is informed enough to know the hypocrisy that Bush brings to the Pope's funeral. You wouldn't even read my thread, and I bring arguments to why I'd boo. You are what's wrong with Democracy. Democracy is meant for a population that's informed, educated and willing to see all sides before making a judgement. Those who blindly follow a president like George Bush deserve to get drafted. You are what's wrong with this country right now. I would boo Bush at the Pope's funeral because his making the Pope's death his photo time is sickning.

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »
Someone who is informed enough to know the hypocrisy that Bush brings to the Pope's funeral. You wouldn't even read my thread, and I bring arguments to why I'd boo. You are what's wrong with Democracy. Democracy is meant for a population that's informed, educated and willing to see all sides before making a judgement. Those who blindly follow a president like George Bush deserve to get drafted. You are what's wrong with this country right now. I would boo Bush at the Pope's funeral because his making the Pope's death his photo time is sickning.
The bottom line is this:

Instead of honoring his life and good deeds, you would bring petty politics into a FUNERAL.

You're marginalizing what the Pope stood for and showing what a moron you are. Funerals aren't places for politics. I can't believe that there are people out there that are willing to argue that it's acceptable to boo somebody at a funeral.

I’m whats wrong with this country? Rigghhhhtttt….

You're also stupid enough to think that Bush is the only world leader that attended the funeral.

Let's take a look:

Angola: President Jose Eduardo dos Santos
Cameroon: President Paul Biya
Democratic Republic of Congo: President Joseph Kabila
Equatorial Guinea: President Teodoro Obiang Nguema
Ghana: President John Kufour
Kenya: Foreign Minister Chirau Ali Makwere
Lesotho: King Letsie III
Mauritius: Prime Minister Paul Berenger
Mozambique: Armando Guebuza
Nigeria: President Olusegun Obasanjo
Senegal: President Abdoulaye Wade
South Africa: Deputy President Jacob Zuma
Uganda: Vice-President Gilbert Bukenya
Zimbabwe: President Robert Mugabe
Argentina: Vice-President Daniel Scioli, Foreign Minister Rafael Bielsa
Bolivia: President Carlos Mesa
Brazil: President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
Canada: Prime Minister Paul Martin
Chile: Foreign Minister Ignacio Walker
Colombia: Vice-President Francisco Santos
Costa Rica: President Abel Pacheco
Cuba: Parliament Speaker Ricardo Alarcon
Ecuador: Foreign Minister Patricio Zuquilanda
El Salvador: Foreign Minister Francisco Lainez
Guatemala: President Oscar Berger, Foreign Minister Jorge Briz
Haiti: Prime Minister Gerald Latortue
Honduras: President Ricardo Maduro
Mexico: President Vicente Fox
Nicaragua: President Enrique Bolanos
Panama: First Lady Vivian Fernandez de Torrijos
Paraguay: Vice President Luis Castiglioni
Peru: Parliament speaker Antero Flores Araoz, Foreign Minister Manuel Rodriguez, Justice Minister Eduardo Salhuana
United States: President George W Bush
Uruguay: First Lady Maria Auxiliadora Delgado de Vasquez
Venezuela: Foreign Minister Ali Rodriguez
Australia: Governor General Michael Jeffery
Indonesia: Welfare Minister Alwi Shihab, Religious Affairs Minister Maftuh Basyuni
Japan: Former Foreign Minister Yoriko Kawaguchi
New Zealand: Governor General Silvia Cartwright
Philippines: President Gloria Arroyo
Taiwan: President Chen Shui-bian
Albania: Prime Minister Fatos Nano, President Alfred Moisiu
Armenia: Prime Minister Andranik Markaryan
Austria: President Heinz Fischer, Chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel
Belgium: King Albert II and Queen Paola, Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt
Bosnia: Chairman of the State Presidency Borislav Paravac
Bulgaria: President Georgi Parvanov
Croatia: President Stipe Mesic, Prime Minister Ivo Sanader
Czech Republic: President Vaclav Klaus, Foreign Minister Cyril Svoboda
Cyprus: President Tassos Papadopoulos
Denmark: Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen
Estonia: President Arnold Ruutel
European Union: Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso
Finland: Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen
France: President Jacques Chirac
Germany: President Horst Koehler, Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder
Greece: President Carolos Papoulias
Hungary: President Ferenc Madl, Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany
Ireland: President Mary McAleese, Prime Minister Bertie Ahern
Italy: President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi
Latvia: President Vaira Vike-Freiberga
Lithuania: President Valdas Adamkus
Luxembourg: Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker
Malta: President Edward Fenech Adami, Prime Minister Dr Lawrence Gonzi
Nato: Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer
The Netherlands: Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende
Norway: Queen Sonja, Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik
Poland: President Aleksander Kwasniewski, Prime Minister Marek Belka, former President Lech Walesa
Portugal: President Jorge Sampaio, Foreign Minister Diogo Freitas do Amaral
Romania: President Traian Basescu, Prime Minister Calin Tariceanu
Russia: Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov
Serbia-Montenegro: President Svetozar Marovic, Foreign Minister Vuk Draskovic, President Filip Vujanovic (Montenegro)
Slovakia: President Ivan Gasparovic
Slovenia: President Janez Drnovsek, Prime Minister Janez Jansa
Spain: King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero
Sweden: King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia
Switzerland: President Samuel Schmid
Turkey: Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Ukraine: President Viktor Yushchenko
United Kingdom: Prince Charles, Prime Minister Tony Blair
Arab League: Secretary General Amr Moussa
Egypt: Minister of Culture Farouk Hosni
Iran: President Mohammad Khatami
Israel: President Moshe Katzav, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom
Jordan: King Abdullah
Lebanon: President Emile Lahoud, Prime Minister Omar Karami, Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri
Palestinian Authority: Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei
Syria: President Bashar al-Assad
Afghanistan: President Hamid Karzai
Bangladesh: Food and Disaster Management Minister Chowdhury Kamal Ibne Yusuf
India: Vice-President Bhairon Singh Shekawat
Pakistan: Religious Affairs Minister Ejaz-ul Haq
Sri Lanka: Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapakse, Christian Affairs Minister Milroy Fernando

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4413373.stm

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 11:29:50 PM »

You're also stupid enough to think that Bush is the only world leader that attended the funeral.

I am aware of who was there. I just don't like my religious leader having his funeral as a place for someone who goes against peace, yet says his Christain, at the Pope's funeral. I am not bringing in petty politics, I am bringing a point. The point is this, George W. Bush didn't listen to the Pope in terms of peace, yet when I saw my paper the other day, I saw Bush's face looking lost well in front of the Pope's casket. I am not alone in my opinion, I guess plenty of CATHOLICS felt the same way. This is our religious leader's funeral, if we feel insulted a man that is against peace, against justice, against what Pope John Paul II fought for came to his funeral so he can be seen in every news paper in the United States to get people to believe he stands for what the Pope stands for, I believe then that I can feel insulted and I would boo. It's not like Bush didn't make this as a petty political game too. The other world leaders, they at least try for peace. Bush has been following the theory that the United States needs to take out these certain countries to be great. Bush doesn't go for peace, he goes for money and making political gain so we can believe his for the right causes. His using the Pope, and I feel insulted the Pope in his death is being used like his. Catholics, we can boo because we have lost a great man, and Bushes is trying to use that to his favor.

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 11:33:09 PM »
Bush keeps low profile at John Paul II's funeral

ROME -- President Bush, determined not to upstage the funeral of Pope John Paul II, kept an unusually low profile in Rome yesterday, although former President Bill Clinton gave a television interview watched by millions.

"He recognizes the significance of the moment," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said of Mr. Bush. "And the focus rightly should be on the Holy Father."

Mr. Bush became the first president in years to conduct a full day's schedule on foreign soil without allowing a single press question, photograph or even fleeting image on videotape. His father, the first President Bush, also refrained from interviews.

"But President Clinton gave an interview to Brian Williams," said Mr. McClellan, referring to the "NBC Nightly News" anchorman.

It was the second day in a row that Mr. Clinton made headlines as he accompanied the Bushes on a three-day visit to Rome for the pope's funeral. On Wednesday, Mr. Clinton angered some conservatives by remarking aboard Air Force One that the pope "may have a mixed legacy."

Normally, reporters are allowed to witness a portion of a president's meetings with foreign leaders.

But yesterday, the White House refused to allow reporters or photographers to glimpse any portion of President Bush's meetings with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, Italian President Carlo Ciampi and 20 American cardinals, archbishops and bishops.

"This is a time of mourning and it's also a time to celebrate the life of a great moral leader, and that's the reason we are here in Rome," Mr. McClellan said. "The purpose of the trip is to be here for the funeral of John Paul II."

He added that Mr. Bush "recognizes that this is a time to pay tribute to and honor the Holy Father and all that he stood for."

Photographers and TV news crews accompanying Mr. Bush said they could not remember another foreign trip during which they were unable to capture an image of a president at least walking through a doorway.

The White House promised to issue a couple of photos taken by in-house photographers, although some news agencies are reluctant to publish such photos.

While Mr. Bush stayed out of sight during a dinner with Mr. Berlusconi, photographers were able to watch Mr. Clinton stroll through an elaborate formal garden before the dinner at Villa Madama, a stunning hilltop estate overlooking Rome.

Although the president steered clear of the press, Mr. McClellan answered a few questions from reporters on the substance of Mr. Bush's meetings.

The spokesman said the president and Mr. Berlusconi discussed last month's accidental killing by U.S. troops of an Italian intelligence officer who was rescuing an Italian journalist in Iraq.

"Prime Minister Berlusconi wanted to talk about it and the president welcomed the discussion," Mr. McClellan said. "The president reiterated our regret over the incident."

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050407-114810-8693r.htm
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:35:56 PM by Woodrow »

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 11:35:23 PM »
Your whole argument is shit.

You're a sorry individual.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 11:42:12 PM »
Your whole argument is shit.

You're a sorry individual.

it was not Clinton's picture I saw in the paper. It's not about what the rest of the world sees, it's about what the United States sees. Don't you see the media games being played, don't you see how all of this makes you want to support Bush more, you see him in the paper in front of the Pope's casket, you hear how he was humble, the U.S. media feeds you this, but they never mentioned how Bush just straight up spit in Catholics faces, the largest religious set in the United States, by going against the Pope for peace.

Clinton, well Clinton said something a typical liberal would say. Many liberals disagreed with the Pope, so be it. BUT, his saying what he believes. Bush will praise the Pope and go against what the Pope says. That's the difference. There is no hypocrisy with Clinton. Bush is all hypocrisy and his using the media to not mention that.