Author Topic: Huge Death Row Records History: Part 2 is HERE!  (Read 2719 times)

Ghettowitchdoctor

• Lil Geezy
Re: Huge Death Row Records History: Part 2 is HERE!
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2005, 01:32:54 PM »
propz

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2005, 02:54:46 PM »
that was great... thanx for puttin that up... damn... i need to read part one now... lol... it's all good.... thanks again...

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2005, 03:14:55 PM »
Props man! This stuff is great! It had a lot of stuff I didn't know! I agree with the others, this should be archived or put permanently at the top of this forum along with the other parts. I would like to see part 3...maybe like detail into how people left and maybe inside info as to fall of Death Row. I mean there has to be some inside info as to why they couldnt find any producers and how Too Gantsta for Radio and other releases were flops. Maybe Suge has regrets that he had a falling out with Dre? To the author of this thread...what exactly was Dre doing when he was MIA? Was he just chillin at his crib not doing anything? Did Suge ever ask him why he wasn't in the studio? I remember a tv show or on that Death Row documentary where Tupac called Dre out for not doing any producing the past three years or something. Also, can the author go into more detail as to why exactly Dre left death row? I got the impression there were numerous things like bad management and California Love being put on Tupac's cd. I didn't know Chronic 2 was in the development stages. Very interesting and thanks again for part 2!

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »
For one thing, Dre said on VH1's Behind the Music that he left DeathRow because he saw an engineer get beat down for rewinding a track too far.  He said he didn't want to be around that kind of a situation at all.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2005, 04:57:09 AM »
I remeber Dre saying that people were bringing gunz and getting beat up at the studio and he wanted nothing to do with that enviorment.I just wanted to say that  club 662 is now called the S.R.O. and its a hip hop club not a gay club.You should write about the downfall of death row for your part3.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2005, 07:51:26 AM »
if there is a part 3, i think it will be intresting. of course it wont be as good as the first two because of the artist that were signed at the time. idk maybe in part 3 you can talk about some of the artists that were signed and never released albums like the relativez, big hutch etc... was Above the law signed to death row or was it just hutch??

bez

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »
wow!  just wow!

Major props!

Okka

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2005, 01:24:44 AM »
uppin

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
props again but we need part 3! keep it comming !!!  8)

shamihundal

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2005, 11:46:33 AM »
very nice read man

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2005, 05:16:04 PM »
anybody got pt 1 ive never read it

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2005, 08:28:08 PM »
just do a search on my post history or search the name except replace a 2 with a 1  :D

i have stuff for a part 3 still, but its a lot of work and i just dont see the point lol

For those cats who wanted to use it on their sites or whatever, go for it...

Rudki

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2005, 12:07:53 PM »
if there is a part 3, i think it will be intresting. of course it wont be as good as the first two because of the artist that were signed at the time. idk maybe in part 3 you can talk about some of the artists that were signed and never released albums like the relativez, big hutch etc... was Above the law signed to death row or was it just hutch??

ATL was signed not just hutch

they were meant to release an album "diary of a drug dealer"

http://www.daveyd.com/FullArticles%5CarticleN1008.asp

CrookedDynasty

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2005, 12:13:43 PM »
Just came across this thread.

Good read.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2005, 10:28:39 PM »
Yeah you gotta get three up... one and two were dope... haven't seen most of those pics. Props