Author Topic: west aint pushin' enough units.......  (Read 497 times)

yoyoyo

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
west aint pushin' enough units.......
« on: August 05, 2002, 06:49:19 AM »
.....and thats wack
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: west aint pushin' enough units.......
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 06:59:12 AM »
who are you talkin about?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 07:12:34 AM »
no one on the west pushes enough units except for snoop and dre and 2pac

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 07:23:51 AM »
The West not pushin' unit's is a myth....
The east runnin' shit is a myth as well, cause there is only a handfull of artist's who actually push unit's......and you know who they are....remember (Most of you call them gay or their last lp suck's compared to their first....)

Who give's a fuck.......when the East/West jealousy end's then this game will be all good.
Don't worry lil' girl's, the West will share the dick with yall' again....be patient. It's cumming. ;)

..:Cummin' soon:..
Xzibit (Man vs Machine)
Crooked I (Say hi to the bad guy)
DPG (All the projects in work's)
Dr Dre (Detox)
Knoc-Turn'al (Finaly)
Westside Connection (Re-up)
Ras Kass (Van Gogh will be here...lol)
Shade Sheist (Just wait.....and watch)
;)

..:Swallow Bacc:..

Lol......now
Just a couple of nutz to keep the shit-talker's sticky for a minute......and buy music instead of letting Mtv motivate u.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 07:32:33 AM »
The West not pushin' unit's is a myth....
The east runnin' shit is a myth as well, cause there is only a handfull of artist's who actually push unit's......and you know who they are....remember (Most of you call them gay or their last lp suck's compared to their first....)

Who give's a fuck.......when the East/West jealousy end's then this game will be all good.
Don't worry lil' girl's, the West will share the dick with yall' again....be patient. It's cumming.  

..:Cummin' soon:..
Xzibit (Man vs Machine)
Crooked I (Say hi to the bad guy)
DPG (All the projects in work's)
Dr Dre (Detox)
Knoc-Turn'al (Finaly)
Westside Connection (Re-up)
Ras Kass (Van Gogh will be here...lol)
Shade Sheist (Just wait.....and watch)

..:Swallow Bacc:..

Lol......now
Just a couple of nutz to keep the shit-talker's sticky for a minute......and buy music instead of letting Mtv motivate u.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

I buy hella albums from the westcoast and I always support them.  As to your list:

crooked I won't sell for shit
DPG won't sell for shit
Knoc'turnal won't sell for shit
ras kass won't sell for shit
shade sheist won't sell for shit
Westside connection will do decent thanks to having Ice cube.

I think all those rappers are tight as fuck and I will buy all their albums, but too many people will just bootleg this shit.  I am just being realistic.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 07:50:13 AM »

but too many people will just bootleg this shit.  I am just being realistic.

WORD!

Too Many Fuckers D/ld Shit And Then Think "Ahh Fuck It I Got It Now I Dont Have To Spend Out On It"

And Yall Know Thats True...Dont Front, Some People Have Developed That Mentality And It Sucks For Music. I Wonder If We Could Go A Fortnight Without A Thread Coming Up Announcing A New Leak And People Discussing The Tracks Sayin "This Is Dope" - "This Sucks" - "Aint Nothin On His Debut"

Yea Downloadin Is A Good Way To See What An Album Is Like, But Dont Sit Back With Your CD-R And Say "Fuck Payin Out"

If Everyone Did That Music Would Die...And Dont Assume "If I Dont Get It, No Problems, Loads Of Others Will" Cos Eventually That Will Become A Common Problem!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

themovie

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 07:58:11 AM »
Right Rud!
I've bought all the albums that i like,zero bootleg!  >:(

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 07:58:48 AM »
If Everyone Did That Music Would Die...And Dont Assume "If I Dont Get It, No Problems, Loads Of Others Will" Cos Eventually That Will Become A Common Problem!  

It already is a problem in my opinion.  I don't think under the influence has sold for shit, and that is a dope album.  Same with this is the life I lead, its sold like 50,000 copies.  Crooked I's album is going to have all kinds of fucked up guest spots on it in order to sell.  People who don't support the west coast are just ruining it for everyone.  I don't blame Dre and Metallica at all for suing Napster.  All these up and comming artists do not get the credit they deserve.  And anyone notice how expensive cd's are right now.  They were cheaper in the 90's then they are now.  I remember I could get an album for like 13 bucks.  Now it is like $17 before tax.  Streetz is a mutha and Space Boogie are both dope albums, but thanks to bootlegging they didn't sell shit, which led Kurupt to joining tha row again and fucking up the pound.  Think about it, if no one bootleged those 2 albums kurupt probably would have sold a lot more and we would probably have the whole dpgc family together.  So to all the people who just download and burn and are too fucking cheap to shell out for an album:  Fuck you, go get a job you lazy worthless bastards.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 08:07:08 AM »
most of the mutha fuckas who download shit have a job thats how they can afford $1000 computers to download cheap cds or vinyl.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 08:08:25 AM »
Right Rud!
I've bought all the albums that i like,zero bootleg!  >:(

Was I Refering To Anyone Here? NO

AcGrundy420 :

Yea I Agree It Is A Problem Now - But What I Mean Is The Attitude Will Further Spread If It Isnt Slowed Soon.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

themovie

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 08:13:31 AM »

Was I Refering To Anyone Here? NO

AcGrundy420 :

Yea I Agree It Is A Problem Now - But What I Mean Is The Attitude Will Further Spread If It Isnt Slowed Soon.

Why u treat me so bad ?

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2002, 08:32:42 AM »
most of the mutha fuckas who download shit have a job thats how they can afford $1000 computers to download cheap cds or vinyl.

I personnally buy all Westcoast albums when they drop.  The only thing downloading does that might be considered bad.. is that it makes it easier for me to wait and buy an album when I have the cash rather then on that Tuesday.  None of us are rich.. and 18 bucks for a CD is THE PROBLEM.  NOT BOOTLEGGING.

Before.. I would run out every Tuesday on my lunch break and buy new shit.. cuz I couldnt wait to hear it even if I didnt have the money.. I would have to have it.

Now I may wait 2 or 3 weeks after its release before buying it.. but I still get it.  This was the case with DJ Quik and Daz.  This is not a bad thing as I should have the right to buy music when I can afford it.

If they want to do something about bootlegging.. they should first try lowing the price of CDs and maybe this will cause folks to purchase more.  Not to say that Bootlegging isnt a problem.. its just that they are going about it backwards IMO..

Axle  

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

themovie

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2002, 08:36:27 AM »
Enhanced cds could be a good solution to the bootlegging.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2002, 08:42:58 AM »

I personnally buy all Westcoast albums when they drop.  The only thing downloading does that might be considered bad.. is that it makes it easier for me to wait and buy an album when I have the cash rather then on that Tuesday.  None of us are rich.. and 18 bucks for a CD is THE PROBLEM.  NOT BOOTLEGGING.

Before.. I would run out ever Tuesday on my lunch break and buy new shit.. cuz I couldnt wait to hear it even if I didnt have the money.. I would have to have it.

Now I may wait 2 or 3 weeks after its release before buying it.. but I still get it.  This was the case with DJ Quik and Daz.  This is not a bad thing as I should have the right to buy music when I can afford it.

If they want to do something about bootlegging.. they should first try lowing the price of CDs and maybe this will cause folks to purchase more.  Not to say that Bootlegging isnt a problem.. its just that they are going about it backwards IMO..

Axle  

very good words there Axle i totally agree if prices where lowered i would buy a whole lot more cds not the other way around and i buy alot of cds but somtimes i wont buy a certain cd but if the price was good i would definatly buy it like for example i got knocs new EP for 4.99 on bestbuy.com to me thats why i bought it cause of the price or else i wouldnt have bought it

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2002, 08:47:48 AM »
I buy my CD's from Ebay, works out cheaper
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!