Author Topic: west aint pushin' enough units.......  (Read 495 times)

budsmokeronly

Re: west aint pushin' enough units.......
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2002, 08:48:39 AM »
I personnally buy all Westcoast albums when they drop.  The only thing downloading does that might be considered bad.. is that it makes it easier for me to wait and buy an album when I have the cash rather then on that Tuesday.  None of us are rich.. and 18 bucks for a CD is THE PROBLEM.  NOT BOOTLEGGING.

Before.. I would run out ever Tuesday on my lunch break and buy new shit.. cuz I couldnt wait to hear it even if I didnt have the money.. I would have to have it.

Now I may wait 2 or 3 weeks after its release before buying it.. but I still get it.  This was the case with DJ Quik and Daz.  This is not a bad thing as I should have the right to buy music when I can afford it.

If they want to do something about bootlegging.. they should first try lowing the price of CDs and maybe this will cause folks to purchase more.  Not to say that Bootlegging isnt a problem.. its just that they are going about it backwards IMO..

Axle  

The reason cd's are $18 is because of bootlegging.  They were not that expensive before you could d/l music this easy.  Yeah $18 is pricey for an album, especially if the album is not that good.  But many albums it is well worth it, considering how much play time they get.  That goes for me anyway.  Hell I pay $50 for a sack of weed that gets smoked up in a few days and then I have nothing for it.  So paying $18 for an album that I will have for many years, and that will entertain me for a long ass time then it is well worth the money.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

lbc213

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2002, 09:50:01 AM »
Well they should release their albums WORLDWIDE, I buy stuff online but others DON'T or just CAN'T (credit card & shit). I mean Nate Dogg never released out here & I m sure most of the EU didn't saw 1 copy in stores  :-/. Same with Daz, DJ Quik, Eastsidaz, .... so on. How can u sell units (like Nelly, DMX and all that other crap) when your album isn't in store. => u can't

I really think that this is the problem  :-X

pz

-lbc213-

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2002, 10:02:29 AM »
Well they should release their albums WORLDWIDE, I buy stuff online but others DON'T or just CAN'T (credit card & shit). I mean Nate Dogg never released out here & I m sure most of the EU didn't saw 1 copy in stores  :-/. Same with Daz, DJ Quik, Eastsidaz, .... so on. How can u sell units (like Nelly, DMX and all that other crap) when your album isn't in store. => u can't

I really think that this is the problem  :-X

Wooooooorrrrddddddd

Most albums dont get released or  it  they get released
after a few months. (for those in EU)

So people download music, and act like they are true fans
and shit

oh yea back to tha topic

IM GLAD THAT MOST WEST COAST ARTIST DONT MAKE MUSIC
FO THE MAINSTREAM(POP RAP)

THA WEST COAST IS KEEPIN IT REAL , NO NEAD TO DO MUSIC
FO THEM KIDS IN THE KINDERGARTEN.  :D :D

budsmokeronly

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2002, 10:12:36 AM »
IM GLAD THAT MOST WEST COAST ARTIST DONT MAKE MUSIC
FO THE MAINSTREAM(POP RAP)  

THA WEST COAST IS KEEPIN IT REAL , NO NEAD TO DO MUSIC
FO THEM KIDS IN THE KINDERGARTEN.    

Word up mutha fucka

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2002, 10:25:24 AM »
ya buying cds for fucking 17-18 bucks?..goddamn where do ya shop? at wherehouse or somethin???..ya need to goto best buy and buy cds cuz they got their shit pretty cheap...scarface's cd is droppin this week..and its only 10 bucks...

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2002, 04:56:45 PM »
the reason west coast artist dont sell is becuse peeps buy artist they already know.  think about it snoop already had a history of classics before his first album droped.  its not it was when quik came out, just put out a tight song and peeps buy your record.  the main thing that sells your record is word of mouth.  If everybody is saying your shit is wack than more than likely you shit is wack, if everybody is saying your shit is real than peeps are going to pick it up.  just like when i bought jadakiss everybody was telling me it was tight so i picked it up.  i bought the NAS  cause i herd ether on the radio so said i have to have this.  I bougt quik and his shit was wack so when peeps ask me about quik i say his shit is wack dont buy it, sound bombing 3 was wack so i tell people dont buy it.  if you think of the people that have been selling latly they all have history.  mario has a single that has been getting a lot of play but his cd is not selling crazy.

themovie

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2002, 11:41:34 PM »
Soundbomibg III is tight

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2002, 12:05:20 AM »

Hell I pay $50 for a sack of weed that gets smoked up in a few days and then I have nothing for it.  So paying $18 for an album that I will have for many years, and that will entertain me for a long ass time then it is well worth the money.

Well put homie, I was gonna say the same thing. The sticky is gone after a day or two youll have the music for a long ass time. but yea, bootleggin is probably the reason. all the names you listed (knoc, crooked, shade), they wont sell shit. damn, even truth hurts didnt even go gold, she sold like 250 000 right now, and she got major airplay with a major hit single
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

budsmokeronly

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2002, 04:49:37 AM »
the reason west coast artist dont sell is becuse peeps buy artist they already know.  think about it snoop already had a history of classics before his first album droped.  its not it was when quik came out, just put out a tight song and peeps buy your record.  the main thing that sells your record is word of mouth.  If everybody is saying your shit is wack than more than likely you shit is wack, if everybody is saying your shit is real than peeps are going to pick it up.  just like when i bought jadakiss everybody was telling me it was tight so i picked it up.  i bought the NAS  cause i herd ether on the radio so said i have to have this.  I bougt quik and his shit was wack so when peeps ask me about quik i say his shit is wack dont buy it, sound bombing 3 was wack so i tell people dont buy it.  if you think of the people that have been selling latly they all have history.  mario has a single that has been getting a lot of play but his cd is not selling crazy.

Nelly and Ja Rule are wack as a mutha fucka and they sell millions.

Tecknine

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2002, 05:33:08 AM »
Yeah i don't get it Truth Hurts had a very successful single and didnt sell shit..I guess the Nelly And Ja rule heads have fucked it up for everyone

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2002, 09:35:36 PM »
ey RUD, but listen, the reason why people D/W full length albums is a classic example of supply and demand from economics. The price is too high, demand for that price goes down, but it doesn't dissapear. So people find their way around it.

Bro, i live in Australia where Daz Dillinger & JT sold for A$49.95, and that's fucked up! Thats around $US25. I gotta work a whole day to buy something like that. Fuck them.

If the prices were reasonable and didn't have such high mark ups i would buy much more albums. Don't interpret this wrong i dish out huge amounts of cash on music. Last year I spent $AU1500 on CD's BUT for every 1 cd i buy i will probably download another one from the net for free.

Just my opinion on the issue.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2002, 12:39:13 AM »

Nelly and Ja Rule are wack as a mutha fucka and they sell millions.

Yeah, but he said it's about word of mouth and there are more average pop listeners than real hiphop heads in this world and most average pop listeners I know like Nelly. And all those lil kids in the schoolyard will rather be talkin about Nelly than about DJ Quik, Spice-1, Planet Asia, Ab Rude and shit

I think one big problem with bootleggin is that it probably makes CD's more expensive, hence those who yet bought albums legally are the victims, so they start downloadin shit too, now can u blame em for that ? Albums got about 4$ more expensive than they were a few years ago, so I think it's really got to do with bootleggin. But if u bootleg a Jay-Z album the mothafucka won't die of it, if u bootleg an Acey album it's much worse

The only upcomin west coast albums I expect to sell good are Man Vs. Machine, Detox and Oh My God if that one counts. But as long as the dope artists are able to put out shit I'm'a just support them, I don't care about sales