Author Topic: Suge and snoop beef squashed ???  (Read 1404 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Suge and snoop beef squashed ???
« on: April 13, 2005, 08:06:41 PM »
UNIVERSAL CITY, California — A week after pledging West Coast unity at a press conference for his tour with the Game, Snoop Dogg took his mission a step further Wednesday (April 13) by hosting a hip-hop peace summit and squashing all of

his own beefs.

Rappers from Game and Xzibit to the D.O.C. and Young MC met behind closed doors in a hotel conference room to discuss a unified future for West Coast hip-hop.

"I felt we should come together as one, organize, unify and start making records with each other and be about a cause," Snoop said afterward. "It's time for us to start standing up for something. It's called Protect the West. We're all moving together, we ended all our beefs."

Snoop, wearing a Protect the West T-shirt, said he ended his longtime feud with Suge Knight, as well as beefs with Jayo Felony and Kurupt, who has now rejoined Tha Dogg Pound.

"Anybody who thought they had a problem with me or had a problem with me in the past, I called them up and told them I don't want any problems," Snoop said. "I ain't got time to beef. I'm 30-something years old with three kids at the pad and they're trying to see their daddy."

Knight wasn't in attendance and was not available for comment, but Snoop insisted the Death Row Records founder was supportive of the Protect the West cause. "It's not an individual move, it's not about me and him personally, but we need to end all personal beefs because business doesn't move with beef," he said.

Kurupt was in attendance, as was Nate Dogg, Warren G, Daz Dillinger, Suga Free, Eazy-E Jr. and comedian Steve Harvey, who worked with Snoop on putting together the event.

"A lot of people had tensions from old crews, street activities, in general just hatin'," Daz said. "Everyone who had beef was in one room, and everyone who left today, beef should be squashed."

"It was a very positive vibe up in that room, I was pleasantly surprised," Young MC said. "What I was doing was a different genre and a different era than a lot of cats up there, but I still have love for everybody."

Snoop called Wednesday's gathering a business meeting more than a summit.

"It was me relaying to them that the banging in the business ain't making us no money," he said. "If we come together and move as one unit, money will be there and the opportunity to shine will be there. ... What it's all about is saying, 'I'm from the West Coast, you're from the West Coast, let me get your number, we could probably do some music together.' "

"Some of us don't even know each other," added Suga Free. "Some of us don't even mingle with each other, but we're in the same business. Why is that? ... The West Coast, we need some unity. We need some education out here with the artists that are touring and flying around the world like Snoop and Game are."

Snoop, who said he was motivated to host the summit because he feels West Coast hip-hop doesn't get the attention it deserves, encouraged his peers to follow in the footsteps of rappers in the South.

"Why are they so successful?" he asked. "Well, they all work together and have great harmony. This is the West Coast, we built on gangsta, gangsta, gangsta, but sometimes we gotta know when to have peace. It ain't always cool to be gangsta to your homeboys. And if you from the West Coast, no matter if you're Blood, Crip, Spanish, we all homeboys."

Snoop and Game, who come from rival Los Angeles-area gangs, said last week their How the West Was One Tour, which kicks off Friday in Utah, should serve as an example of how West Coast rappers can come together to benefit each other (see "Snoop, Game Pledge Unity, Promise 'No Funny Business' On Tour").

— Corey Moss
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1500129/20050413/snoop_dogg.jhtml?headlines=true

We Fly High

Re: Suge and snoop beef squashed ???
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:14:23 PM »
damn, thats crazy.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 08:16:36 PM »
this is such great news. this means we can hear shit like xzibit, kurupt, snoop, and quik on the same track again...shit like that. now there is really no excuse for that great music being created again.

lets just hope people keep their word with this no-beef policy.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 08:18:03 PM »
DAMN
real talk.its good to see da west together.now i wanna see some records.westcoast iz runnin things again.i wanna hear some of dat great westcoast music
WESTCOAST

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 08:18:12 PM »
thats kinda cool

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 08:18:31 PM »
 :o :o :o

Thats fuckin crazy!

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 08:20:53 PM »
thats kinda cool

wat da fuck is kinda cool.dat shit is crazy.if u dont repp da west dont post shit on this topic u got not to do wit dat fuckin hater.go to some south forums.

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »
I could care less about Suges involvement, but I'm happy as hell about all those Westcoast cats putting the beefs aside and sticking together. Props to Snoop for putting this together. Most if not all of those beefs were dumb (ie Game/Xzibit). The South is hot as hell right now, and if u notice they all work together. I always wondered why the West couldnt have that kind of unity, but hopefully after this meeting it will be all good.............Not surprised that Dre wasn't there (LOL), but hopefully he's supporting the movement. If there is a God, there will be no 50 on Detox........................

youngmessnucca

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »
yeah....now yukmouth has more rappers to diss!! ;D

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 08:23:14 PM »
I could care less about Suges involvement, but I'm happy as hell about all those Westcoast cats putting the beefs aside and sticking together. Props to Snoop for putting this together. Most if not all of those beefs were dumb (ie Game/Xzibit). The South is hot as hell right now, and if u notice they all work together. I always wondered why the West couldnt have that kind of unity, but hopefully after this meeting it will be all good.............Not surprised that Dre wasn't there (LOL), but hopefully he's supporting the movement. If there is a God, there will be no 50 on Detox........................

word

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 08:29:39 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!   Snoop is the shit!!..thats fucking good news

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:41:50 PM »
good to hear.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 08:46:03 PM »
snoop squashing beef with suge? he must really be into this then

nobody seems to be mentioning Dre in all of this
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:08 PM »
i got some more news...

apparently snoop ws speaking on behalf of dr. dre and cube, and kurupt was speaking on behalf of suge. i got this from 100.3 the beat

805Cyclone

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 09:03:27 PM »
Its good 2 c tha West come together. Tha West Coast