Author Topic: LOL how my world history teacher told us the meaning behind the word "crap"  (Read 156 times)

DAYUM

he told us today that some guy who created the first flushing toilet his last name was "crap" and he was from europe and he said "if yall ever hear about europe and why they smell like crap its becuase they were'nt smart enough to create sewers to hold that waste and it would run through the streets or close to the streets and it would smell like crap" and he said "plus many animals were out there like horses and people use to spit on the floors and whatever they had in there mouth" he also continued to say "Plus good dental hiegien wasent around then either and it was common for woman to lose there teeth around there late 20's"

what this had to do with todays lesson i have no clue cus when he put on the video i fell asleep...

but yeah hes always clowned other countries such as germany, spain, russia, and mexico
he also talked alot of shit about the native americans

but hes a pretty cool dude

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
thomas crapper... i already knew this, or i think i did

DAYUM

thomas crapper... i already knew this, or i think i did

yep u prolly learned it in high school too

Suga Foot

Did Thomas Crapper really invent the toilet? The debate over who Thomas Crapper was — or even if there was a Thomas Crapper at all — continues. Below are some of the facts flushed out by Dr. Andy Gibbons, historian of the International Thomas Crapper Society, and Ken Grabowski, a researcher and author who is writing a book on Crapper's life.

Myth: Thomas Crapper as a person never existed.

Fact: Though we do not know his actual date of birth, we can say a man, Thomas Crapper, was probably born in September, 1836, since he was baptized the 28th of that month. He died on January 27, 1910.

Myth: Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.

Fact: Although from 1861 to 1904 Crapper did have a successful career in the plumbing industry, holding nine patents for plumbing-related products in England, he did not invent the toilet. Albert Giblin holds the 1819 British Patent for the Silent Valveless Water Waste Preventer, a system that allowed a toilet to flush effectively. Giblin worked for Crapper as an employee and the most likely scenario is that Crapper bought the patent rights from Giblin and marketed the device himself.

Myth: The word crap is derived from Thomas Crapper's name.

Fact: World War 1 doughboys passing through England saw the words T. Crapper Chelsea printed on the water tanks and coined the slang crapper meaning toilet.

BigBDrugStores

DAYUM

i really dont know or care what the man did

i just thought todays lesson was funny

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
LOL