Author Topic: Vinnie Jones possible canidate for Juggernaut in X3  (Read 81 times)

Kal EL

Vinnie Jones possible canidate for Juggernaut in X3
« on: April 15, 2005, 09:13:25 AM »
April 12, 2005 - According to a scooper for Ain't It Cool News, British football star-turned-actor Vinnie Jones may be up for a role in X-Men 3. Jones has reportedly been spotted in the X3 production office in Vancouver.

IGN FilmForce's trusty X3 source informed us that the Jones rumor is true and that the filmmakers are "definitely" talking to him about an unspecified villain role.

Jones has worked with three key members of the X-Men production before. He appeared in Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, which were produced by X3 director Matthew Vaughn. Jones also appeared in Swordfish opposite Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman.

His other credits include Gone in Sixty Seconds and Eurotrip.

In other news, X3 screenwriter Simon Kinberg spoke to Now Playing magazine about working on the mutant movie.

"The X-Men movies I think are actually the great challenge of the Marvel Universe, because there are so many characters [and] the tone is so specific and it is political and philosophical. You also have to make them really fun – a lot of moving parts happening at the same time," the scribe explained, adding, "The truth is the biggest challenge of writing the movies is fitting all the characters [in]. I have so much love for these characters, I don't want to introduce one that I love as a cameo – I want to really get into it and let them get into the depth and the layers of the character."

Kinberg would not comment on which new characters would appear in X3, which Sneak Peek reports begins filming July 15th for a May 26, 2006 release.

Thanks to Comics2Film for the heads-up!
-- Stax