Author Topic: Best Hip Hop Producer  (Read 1095 times)

BURNABY

• Lil Geezy
  • AZTEC GANG
Re: Best Hip Hop Producer
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2001, 09:27:40 PM »
Oh shit i thought we were talkin about best Execetive Producer! my badd,Dre is tha best producer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
BURNABY IS THA SET I CLAIM
BURNABY FOR LIFE
FUCK ANYBODY DISSIN
FROM THA STREETZ OF BURNZ

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2001, 09:33:05 PM »
haha you didnt think we was talkin about exec producer...... your the only one that even mentioned and exec producer come on.....

you just learned the diff between producer and exec producer tonite..... just admit it

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2001, 09:42:57 PM »
just let the boy slide,we're all hear to learn,i mean i used to think eminem was dpg LOL but look at the knowledge i got now for reals,we all start somewhere.

1.Dr.Dre/George Clinton
2.Quik/Warren G/Daz
3.Pete Rock/Premier/Rza
4.Dogghouse upcomin producers
5.Timbaland

that's my lis of my fave and best producers IMO peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

ROCCY

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2001, 09:54:59 PM »
I still Think that Dre Can come back.... Wit ha New Album And shit If he Would like to but i still Think Dre Is still a Pretty Good Hip Hop Producer...

Hittman

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2001, 03:26:02 AM »

dre fo sho, to say mel man does all of dre's work just shows your hip hop intellegence...

dj premier is washed up in my opinion he can only rely on the same formula he's been using since the 80's

What?? You say that DJ Premier is washed up becuase he is using the same formula as he has been doing since the 80s, but then you say Dre is the best Hip Hop producer, I dont know if you didnt realise or not but Dr Dre has been using the same formula as the late 80's early 90's just like what you say about DJ Premier.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2001, 03:33:50 AM »
maybe washed up was kinda harsh

BUT i stick to my word all of primos beats are the same as the one's on gangstarr's first album...he's shown no artisticle growth

and dre hasn't recycled "dopeman" for 20 years

81-85, dre was all about the party funkadelic stuff
86-88, dre was doing the street underground stuff
89-90, dre was expierementing with different genres like rock, jazz, blues, and symphony orchestra for d.o.c's michelle's and various different ruthless artists
91-95, dre started g-funk the sound that changed rap
95-96, dre did some mediocre expiremental stuff

97-01, dre has done many different styles of his furturistic funk....his sonic and agressive beats to his laid back stuff for snoop to his "colorful" beats for eminem

you obviously don't much about hip hop to say dre has stuck to the same formula

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Hittman

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2001, 03:44:41 AM »
Well maybe you are right but I still stick with my words and they are the Dre is not on top anymore. Its been 20 years, he needs to find something else to do (definetely not rapping, that was worse then the producing)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2001, 04:09:39 AM »
if dre's not on top then who is....seriously hi tek is hit or miss

jay dee is hit or miss
rza is hit or miss....mostly miss with that crappy ass digital bullet album

automator is good but hasn't done enough to be considered to be in the top 5

alchemist? naw

anything any of these artist have done in a 2 year span dre has done or done better

i'm sorry when you got industry greats like

quincy jones
mary j blige
the king of pop michael jackson
paul mc cartney

either saying you're the greatest or wanting you to collab with them you've acclomished more in music in general and have conquered the rap scene

Hittman

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2001, 04:18:12 AM »
Just becuase they havent accomplished<sp> alot of things in the rap gamn and they arent as well known (ei HI-Tek) or even that Mary J Blige and Micheal Jackson havent said they are great doesn't mean they arent good. Dre was on top at the G-Funk stage (in producers) but not now its just to me that he aint as good as he was back in the day of N.W.A. and G-Funk era.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2001, 04:21:44 AM »
and you know what?

you're probably one of a handful of people who think that in the world

and i never said that just becuase you're not known you're not good

Hittman

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2001, 04:27:42 AM »

you're probably one of a handful of people who think that in the world

So what if I am....we all have our own opinon and where all intitled to one, and we can use it in any way we please, just becuase you like Dre doesnt mean that I have to think he is great, I thinlk DeathRow are a great label but you dont, does it matter?? No

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2001, 04:32:42 AM »

So what if I am....we all have our own opinon and where all intitled to one, and we can use it in any way we please, just becuase you like Dre doesnt mean that I have to think he is great, I thinlk DeathRow are a great label but you dont, does it matter?? No

yeah but to just barge into this message board acting like an ass and proclaiming dr. dre is sorry producer is a little immature on you're part and counting on how you have no proof of how dre is a whack producer....and maybe you thinking deathrow is still great is PROBABLY where all them outrage toward dre stems from....anyways stop trying to get the last word this is scencless ....let other people post on this topic i won't post on this topic no more if you don't

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2001, 06:49:57 AM »
Dre is washed up... what the hell.. from a money perspective he's made more scrilla in the last 4 years than he ever made at Death Row.

SSLP + MMLP + 2001 + Up In Smoke

2001 sold over double what the original Chronic album sold.. the original Chronic album was actually pretty slow selling for the first few months until the Ruthless beef gave it a bit of a buzz - plus you gotta know he's making it from Eminem.

Oh and recently Grammy and Source award folks gave him Producer of the year...

Now sales, money and awards aside (thats the people who take things at face value instead of looking deeper taken care of...)

Dre has moved beyond layering samples for one reason... samples are a shortcut to getting the sound.. now he can afford to employ musicians to replay and add to/modify samples he can build things that sample users dream of.. he can isolate and either include or remove an element etc...

Lately people are knockin Dre for using musicians ermm.. you think Quincy Jones or David Axelrod play everything on their songs alone? they hire in session musicians.

Hittman

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2001, 07:03:29 AM »
Dre is washed up... what the hell.. from a money perspective he's made more scrilla in the last 4 years than he ever made at Death Row.

Well money isnt everything you know, just becuase he sold alot on aftermath doesnt mean anything.

SSLP + MMLP + 2001 + Up In Smoke

SlimShady Lp was good I suppose, I was dissapointed with Marshall Mathers LP, 2001 was a good album becuase of Hittman, Xzibit & Kurupt. The Up In Smoke Tour was only good when Ice Cube did his thing and some Eminem bits were good, only place dre ripped it was Nuthin But A G Thang.

2001 sold over double what the original Chronic album sold.. the original Chronic album was actually pretty slow selling for the first few months until the Ruthless beef gave it a bit of a buzz - plus you gotta know he's making it from Eminem.

Exactly Eminem is part of the reason Dre is doing so well, he woudnt be as big if it wasnt for Eminem. And Chronic was a hell of alot better album then 2001.

Oh and recently Grammy and Source award folks gave him Producer of the year...

Well?? Does it matter one bit that he got best producer at source awards, didnt Nelly get best album of 2001 (i think anyway) and as for the grammys has anyone like DJ Quik ever won a grammy, someone who actually deserves it.

Now sales, money and awards aside (thats the people who take things at face value instead of looking deeper taken care of...)

Dre has moved beyond layering samples for one reason... samples are a shortcut to getting the sound.. now he can afford to employ musicians to replay and add to/modify samples he can build things that sample users dream of.. he can isolate and either include or remove an element etc..

Yeah he can employ Mel-Man and get him to do the work.

Lately people are knockin Dre for using musicians ermm.. you think Quincy Jones or David Axelrod play everything on their songs alone? they hire in session musicians.

No one round here has been knocking Dre at the moment other then me and maybe 1 or 2 more, ands thats what I believe in and I dont care if the admin thinks other wise (no offence to you overseer) its my own opinon.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2001, 08:06:39 AM »
Dre
Premier (premier isn't washed up. He has perfected that sound although he has used the same formulas from the 80s. He has expanded it and updated it with the times)
RZA
Timbaland

Hitek is the shit
Havoc is underated.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas