Author Topic: Best Hip Hop Producer  (Read 1092 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Best Hip Hop Producer
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2001, 08:35:45 AM »
yeah exactly...... its your OPINION to think dre is washed up..... an only YOUR OPINION......

and just in case you dont realize.... just because you have an opinion doesnt mean its a FACT....

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hittman

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2001, 09:00:33 AM »

yeah exactly...... its your OPINION to think dre is washed up..... an only YOUR OPINION......

and just in case you dont realize.... just because you have an opinion doesnt mean its a FACT....

peace

.....and I didnt once say differently for that matter so.

bez

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2001, 09:16:40 AM »
Dre by miles

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2001, 10:04:20 AM »
yeah but you came off that way....

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2001, 10:24:41 AM »
Automator is my favorite right now (handsome boy modeling school, dr. octagon, deltron 3030, and recently gorillaz.) I'm not saying he's the best, cuz dre has been around for a long time and has consistently dropped dope beats, and he changed hip hop with g-funk which puts him at the top. his production has been dried up as of late, but only detox will tell. and hit tek isn't fucking near being the best producer in the game.

chronicballad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2001, 10:39:26 AM »
yall is foolish.. hands down Dr Dre, there is no telling how he has changed the game with his unique ability to produce.. but Dre lately has been lacking, been hearing the same damn futuristic thing in his songs, im not hating, just that it gets annoying after awhile but big ups to dre though...
yall under rate Timbaland, big time!! have yall heard "Ugly" by Bubba Sparx, tell me that shit aint tite.. and he has been bangin ever since Aaliyah(RIP) "If Your Girl Only Knew", and "My Pony" by Ginuwine, i mean this guy has had like over 20 hits, recently its, "One Minute Man" and "We Need A Resolution"... now hes going to bring up sum unknown artist, tell me another producer that has the backround of him BESIDES DRE...
"Worse Comes To Worse My Peoples Come First"- Dilated Peoples "Worse Comes To Worst"
RIP AALIYAH

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2001, 04:47:14 PM »
Logic, stop acting like a stupid ass fuck...DJ Premire and Premo are the same people...LoL

First he says one of his favorites is DJ Premire, than he puts DJ Premo in the Honorable mentions...HaHaHa...

RivieraIII

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2001, 05:28:09 PM »

1. Dre
2. Premier
3. Quik
4. Timabaland
I rate these guys very close but the edge goes to Dre...Other dope producers are Rza, Daz, Mannie Fresh, Hi-Tek, Warren G, Pete Rock...Up and Coming producers are Alchemist and Fred Wreck...

U got it...

RivieraIII

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2001, 06:11:43 PM »

I dont want this to go off topic so please keep this post strictly about Hip Hop producers. Anyway the question is who is the best hip hop producer in the game, you can also add people who deserve a mention. I know most of you are just going to say Dr Dre, but man what do you guys see in his producing, back in the N.W.A days he was pretty good, I mean now hes just getting any sound, reducing its attack, play a couple of chords, release it, and even then its Mel Man who does the work and Dr Dre slaps his name on it. I dont think that makes him the best in the buisness just becuase he makes some okay tracks in larger number. But If you do want to say Dre that is fine but please give reasons why you think Dres the best Hip Hop producer dont just come and say "DRE RULEZ".

Anyway back to the point in the thread, Fave Hip Hop producer??I think some of the sounds being produced by people like DJ Premiere and Hi-Tek are just dope as fuck. NY State of Mind PTII by Nas or The Sixth Sense by Common, there both tight tracks. As for Hi Tek, his work with Mos Def is dope and that Sound Bombing CD was amazing. Also the tracks he has made with Talib Kweli like Good Mourning Vietnam are just classic. I think DJ Quik also deserves a mention for his solo work aswell as him featuring on other artists songs, for example, hs new work with Kurupt is just a dope beat to it.

Honourable mentions have been deserved by Dat Nigga Daz, who shined on Chronic (better then Dre easy. even if he wasnt on very much). DJ Premo, Eric Sermon, Soopafly, The Alchemist, RZA, FredWreck (I know he sounds like Dre alittle but still atleast its his own work) Jonny J, DJ Uneek & even some old schooll shit by Eric B.

Kill that "DRE don't really produce" bullshit, dog... We don't just say DRE is the best coz of his popularity. He's a music connoisseur who always tries to bring creativity and originality in his music on top of the ability to transcend regional frontiers and appeal to fans in the West, the East, and the globe (I'm originally from France, I'm Black as fuck and I live in Brookyn so I know...) On top of that, DRE is by very far the most versatile producer in the game. Joints like "Xxplosive", "Real Slim Shady", "Fight Music" (off D12) and "Let Me Blow Your Mind" are a far cry from each other. Plus, despite what you may think, DRE actually plays some instruments (Mel Man himself said so) but even when he does not, he's able to make others such as Scott Scorch deliver sick ass keyboards notes and blend them within beats and chords to drop a classic beat like "Still DRE". U gotta be able to respect a guy who creates music that hits you within 10 seconds of first hearing. Something else: longevity. NWA, Snoop, Cube all the way to Hittman, Em, Xzibit etc... YOU gotta respect that. Plus some of YOUR favorite producers and beatmakers such as Rza, Primo, Pete Rock and the great Marley Marl give him official RESPECT so it speaks for itself. And one last thing: production is a very diverse artwork. DRE does not produce like DJ Premier or Timbaland. Those 3 have very different production methods. Primo takes an array of diverse sampled sounds that he blends together over drums he plays himself. Timbaland is a keyboard genius, who openly admits that he can't play any real instrument, but still comes out with banging tracks and sounds that only he knows how to find on a sampler or a board. DRE on the other hand, uses samples (sometimes), drums, live instrumentation (since 2001), keyboard and little tricks only he knows about to actually PRODUCE a record, not just the beat for whoever to rap over, but the whole SONG, including hook, chorus, whateva. Who do U think came up with the idea for Nate Dogg to say a catchy ass "Hold up, hey!!" at the end of "Next Episode"??? Mel Man?? Scott Storch??? No! A genius of a producer, not a beatmaker. I love Primo, Quik, Timbaland and others coz they got sick beats AND mastered their respective styles. Havoc, Hi Tek, Pete Rock, Erick Sermon, Rockwilder, Alchemist, Meech Wells, Rza are some of my other favorites but DRE CHANGED CONTEMPORARY MUSIC forever. Not coz VH1 said it, but coz the hardest muthafucka I know in Paris, London, Queens or where YOU are FEELS DRE's beats one way or another. U may not like Dre like most of us do, but RESPECT the MAN's talent and kill the bullshit. I love DAZ but he never proved after Death Row that he could drop a classic record (even though he drops DOPE beats) So?????? Is "What's The Difference" or even "Lay Low" a classic rap record? You tell me...

RivieraIII

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2001, 06:16:39 PM »

i'm sorry when you got industry greats like

quincy jones
mary j blige
the king of pop michael jackson
paul mc cartney

either saying you're the greatest or wanting you to collab with them you've acclomished more in music in general and have conquered the rap scene

Thank U. Good to have someone who really knows about MUSIC on this forum...

RivieraIII

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2001, 06:26:21 PM »

Lately people are knockin Dre for using musicians ermm.. you think Quincy Jones or David Axelrod play everything on their songs alone? they hire in session musicians.

THANK YOU, dog... U know the real too... You could add Babyface and Teddy Riley to that list... And doubters could check the credits on Babyface solo releases for proof. Great producers HIRE instrumentists for specific sounds, keys and such coz some are just legendary within their craft (Johnnie Watson and Michael Thompson for lead guitar, Nathan East for bass etc...) But those instrumentists can't produce shit coz they don't know how to bring a song together and lay a chord over a drumbeat etc... Now props goes to Primo for his sick ass style but he doesn't play ALL the instruments either and he doesn't need to coz he based his style over samples. That's his CRAFT. So respect DRE's...

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2001, 06:52:53 PM »
man...everybody knows...Dre aint shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of Course He Aint...............Hes A Perfectionist with a gift.....he is like the 2pac of music producers....
LOL I remember this thread from when i first started on this site..........and by the way......if u hadnt gotten it yet....
Dre Shit is the Shiznit.......Fo shizzle
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

RivieraIII

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2001, 09:50:14 PM »

man...everybody knows...Dre aint shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of Course He Aint...............Hes A Perfectionist with a gift.....he is like the 2pac of music producers....
LOL I remember this thread from when i first started on this site..........and by the way......if u hadnt gotten it yet....
Dre Shit is the Shiznit.......Fo shizzle

Yeah whateva...

Murrow

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2001, 07:07:51 AM »
Man, that's what a producer is all about.  Guiding the artist to make a good song.  A producer ain't someone who makes a beat in 15 minutes & then just gives it to the artist to go rap on it themselves!  Dre's got real craft.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2001, 08:07:23 AM »
here iz my list:
1.DRE.....OF COURSE....I CANT BELIEVE DAT SOMEONE WOULD BULLSHIT AND DISS DREZ PRODUCTION SKILLZ.....HE IZ DA BEST OF THA BEST.....ALWAYZ BEEN...AND I WONDER IF THERE WILL EVER BE SOMEONE THAT IZ BETTER....AND IT REALY NEEDZ NO EXPLANATIONZ...IF YOU OWE HIZ ALBUMZ AND YOU DON HAVE PROBZ WIT YO HEARIN" THAN ITZ OBVIEOUS
2.WARREN G......YEA HIZ SHIT IZ GREAT....STRAIGHT UP G FUNK........RELAXED FUNKY FLOWIN SHIT....LUV IT
3.DAZ....
4.JONNY J
5.MIKE MOSELY
6.TIMBALAND
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?