Author Topic: Eminem attacked by Marky Mark Wahlberg  (Read 956 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Eminem attacked by Marky Mark Wahlberg
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:09:01 AM »
WAHLBERG SLAMS EMINEM, AFFLECK AND DAMON   

Hollywood hunk MARK WAHLBERG has slammed EMINEM, MATT DAMON and BEN AFFLECK for giving a false impression of tough, impoverished childhoods in their music and films.

The PLANET OF THE APES star has lambasted Damon, his co-star in new movie THE DEPARTED, for romanticising difficult upbringings in GOOD WILL HUNTING, his debut film with Affleck.

Wahlberg - who blames his assault conviction 17 years ago on his harsh childhood - has also attacked rapper Eminem for idealising his difficult formative years in his biopic 8 MILE, in an interview with DETAILS magazine.

The 33-year-old actor complains, "My childhood wasn't like some 8 Mile bulls**t where you go and have a rap-off.

"Or like WEST SIDE STORY, where you all start dancing and s**t.

"If I make a film about my upbringing it's going to be about more than a f**king kid doing math, like in Good Will Hunting, you know what I mean?"

18/04/2005 21:43 

LINK TO STory     http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/wahlberg%20slams%20eminem%20affleck%20and%20damon

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem attacked by Marky Mark Wahlberg
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:34:34 AM »
Although I agree with the 8 Mile stuff, Good Will Hunting was a good movie. I also don't understand how tough his like really was, but then again I'm sure it's difficult carrying Kid Donnie's bags on tour. Fuck, when this guy was arrested it was after New Kids on the Block had beeen signed and on tour. How hard could his life on the streets really have been? Anything that happened to him post '86 is his fault for being stupid.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 01:45:06 PM »
The Funky Bunch was unfuckwitable back in the days
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 04:25:36 PM »
Marky Mark is hardcore!

I guess Marky Mark is gonna make a return to the mic and record a diss track right?

Is it just me or has every white rapper dissed Eminem at some point?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »
I like this mufucka for some reason

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 07:07:17 PM »
Marky Mark is hardcore!

I guess Marky Mark is gonna make a return to the mic and record a diss track right?

has bubba sparkxxx?

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 07:13:51 PM »
Marky Mark is hardcore!

has bubba sparkxxx?

has lil wyte?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »
^i dont take whyte serious after that song where he rhymed 3 million words that ended with izzle

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 09:28:02 PM »
thats stupid both good will hunting and 8 mile were very loosely based on both their lives. and both are good movies in my opinion, even though 8 mile does get a little korny after one watch. good will hunting is classic though. Neither of them ever claimed they were autobiography's. 8 mile was just a way to make a shit load of money off of people obsession with eminems life, and good will hunting was just two guys getting creative with what they had to work with.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 11:55:59 PM »
nonsense because those movies arent auto-biographic. the end.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kal EL

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 08:00:19 AM »
if I had to guess I would say it breaks down like this,

1.He doesn't like or respect EM at ALL. Need proof? A few years ago they were both on TRL togther and the tension from Mark to Em was THICK. You could tell EM was trying to be cool with him but Homey was not feeling it. And I think that he is jealous of him as a rapper because he could not get any real success like what EM was having. Best he could do was almost be on Death Row for a minute, (Arsenio Hall Show; he was wearing a 2pac hat).

2.Damon and Affleck, professional jealousy period!!! Look at both of their careers. Well Affleck has tricked his shine off due to fucking around with that J-HOE (ask Jaime Fox) scenario and a string of bad movies. Damon ESPECIALLY because although he and George Clooney are cool, he was not in any of the Oceans 11 or 12 movies. Not only that when it comes to actors in their 30's that are on the List his is damn near #1 at this point.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 11:40:56 PM »
I think Em likes Mark as he raps in "Love song": "Back when Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark...". A reference by Eminem which is not a diss must mean he kinda likes or respects Mark.

And I'mma tell you one thing to put an end to my reputation once and for all. I love Marky Mark. The worst Marky Mark song >> Eminem career.

I thought he was coming back when he did that HOT track produced by Johnny J called "Don't sleep". Shit was dope, check it out, "The big hit" soundtrack. Sadly he didn't.

He dropped a rap-dance-pop album and sold a lot of records. But he's a real hiphop head, so in his second record he came HARD. Teenage NKOTB fans didn't like that stuff and didn't support it. Hardcore rap fans didn't support him, they were too tough to buy an album by an underwear model. He flopped. Dropped an album with Prince Ital Joe in 94 that was BIG in Germany. He then released a couple of DOPE singles, "Hey DJ" and "Feel the vibe", from his "All around the world" album. The album never came out. Shit was hot, fuck the prejudices.

Matty

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 02:53:50 AM »
lol at this, can somebody upload some of his best shit to listen to...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 03:26:39 AM »
And I'mma tell you one thing to put an end to my reputation once and for all. I love Marky Mark. The worst Marky Mark song >> Eminem career.
there goes all respect i ever considered having for you cabrón....

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 07:21:57 AM »
there goes all respect i ever considered having for you cabrón....

;D

Then I won't tell you that I was a NKOTB fan back in the day LOL!
(I was 11-13 and rap was nowhere to be heard in Spain... I know I know, there's no excuse!)