Author Topic: why does 50 sell records  (Read 703 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: why does 50 sell records
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 01:15:51 PM »
because about 50% of his fans dont have a clue about Rap and think hes the man :o

i think its more than 50% tho, cuz he would still be going past platinum..id say at least 80%
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 03:08:14 PM »
wow, this thread has opened my eyes. You have no idea how much time i spent brooding over why the axiom that only good lyricists can sell records is no longer because of 50 Cent. Finally, I have been given an answer
lol

BAY_BOY_408

• 'G'
  • 07 MVP
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 05:11:33 PM »
BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKING THREADS ABOUT THEM...AND SEEING THEIR NAME EVERYWHERE YOU GO...AND LISTEN TO THEIR DAMN SONG ON EVERY RAIDO STATION YOU PUT IT ON! DAMMMNN IT...WHEN IS THIS MADNESS GONNA STOP :stupid:

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »
50 is a genius on catchy hooks, but he ain't no lyricist.
50 aint no genius

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »
damn are people that stupid, what is music, etertainment, if u like sitting in your room and listening to soul on ice and getting a deeper meaning, well good for u, but , many people dont, esp the majority of music buyers, 13-21 year olds, and esp women, 50 sells casues he pop, like it was said hes got incredible hooks, hes got great production, nobody casres wat he says, his music is fun, wen u hear his songs in a club u feel good, and thats why he sells, people like him a lot, so wat if he aint a genious lyricist or even a average 1, when picking up his album you should already know this, but 50 dont give a fuck about you and what u think of his lyrics, cause hes sellin, and your bootlegging-internet-dork ass is nothing to him.. so keep hating and 50 will keep hustlin

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 12:51:58 PM »
Amen to that hell yeah fuck yall who hating on 50

most of us dont want a deeper meaning and in deph lyrics
when your in the car chillin crusing or when u in the club or a house party
you want somthing that bumps and makes u feel good fuck all the scientific shit
50 cent makes good hooks has a amazing delivery flow he aint a rapper he a hustler
he hustles music hes about $$$ dont hate on him he slang music like if its drugs
he runs g unit like a gang he brought the street business into his music business
he a business man whatever makes money hell do

Latin Thug Passion

LatinaBeatz

• Lil Geezy
  • Condoms Are Easier to change than Diapers
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 12:54:35 PM »
Like says .. "Hell if i care I'm jus here to get my cash"

I like his shit .. it's comedy, and i like to dance to it .. did I buy his album? hell naw nicca is rich! lol I save my money for the underground!
ARE YOU A PSYCHO

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »
Caution, lmfao at ur micheal jackson pic

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

ABN

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 12:59:51 PM »
he sells records coz he makes music that appeals to the masses. i don´t really like his music but the man knows how to play this music game and that´s what´s up. and he´s a pretty smart dude who knows how to market and promote himself.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 03:29:16 AM »
Because he isnt actually that bad, yeah he isnt a great lyricist, but his tunes are catchy.

But anything Dre touches turns to gold, look at NWA, DEATHROW, EMINEM
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Westside Soldier

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2005, 01:29:41 AM »
Catchy flow, good voice, sing-a-long hooks, thug persona, great production, controversy...

that about somes it up you get a dope beat for a first single and it gets promoted it basically will sell. 8) 8) 8)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2005, 10:32:48 AM »
He is a great business man because he knows how to market himself.  All be it, his music is ass but he knows how to sell himself.  I personally wont play any of his shit because he says the name of the song 40 times in the hook but I guess chicks like him.  Oh well....we just gotta stop talkin about his ass.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

C-Swift

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 02:31:41 PM »
because about 50% of his fans dont have a clue about Rap and think hes the man :o

Exactly, his fan base is growing up never knowing the beginnings of rap/hip-hop at all, just like how new and younger fans who feel Snoop now in his pimp phase never knew the classics like Gin & Juice, What's My Name?, Doggy Dogg World, shit I can go on and on til the break of dawn but I don't wanna bore you...

he sells because of marketing although his product is bullshit
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:33:27 PM by Hellfire Dame »