Author Topic: Westcoast Sales!  (Read 195 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Westcoast Sales!
« on: August 01, 2002, 11:17:47 PM »
Do y'all think the west will ever take over the mainstream and become the biggest sellers like deathrow did back in 92-96? I dont' think so because the only artists that sell on the westcoast are Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and maybe Xzibit. people these days don't seem too interested in hearing tight underground talented westcoast artists so i don't think the new artists on the west like roscoe, crooked i, and knocturnal can do shit sales wise. So the only way the west will get the spotlight back is if Snoop Dogg can drop another gem like Doggystyle and bring sales and respect back to west and himself, and if Dr. Dre keep his usual sales, this IMO is the only way the west will be saved sales wise. What are your takes on this situation?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

Re: Westcoast Sales!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 01:51:50 AM »
Snoop's sell million records with every records since his first album.
E'40 new album debut on the billboard charts n.13, better than all the other releases (like dj quik's new album, warren g "return of the regulator",nate dogg "music and me" and "bones soundtrack).

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 08:11:39 PM »
Nah, Westcoast ain't got enough mainstream appeal, not that I'm complaining or nuthin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

smerlus

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 04:22:25 AM »
the west knows nothing about cooperation, they just stay in the same cliques with the same people making the same money. just look at ashanti compared with truth...ashanti's ass had her own shit, shit with ja rule and shit with fat joe. all these singles on the radio...what did truth have? her own shit. how is she supposed to compete with that? dr dre is a hit maker but he isn't a miracle performer. the east knows how to push new acts the west just know's how to do the same shit over and over. i ain't mad cause i'm gonna buy westcoast rap regardless, but i do see the errors they make.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 05:53:13 AM »
the west knows nothing about cooperation, they just stay in the same cliques with the same people making the same money. just look at ashanti compared with truth...ashanti's ass had her own shit, shit with ja rule and shit with fat joe. all these singles on the radio...what did truth have? her own shit. how is she supposed to compete with that? dr dre is a hit maker but he isn't a miracle performer. the east knows how to push new acts the west just know's how to do the same shit over and over. i ain't mad cause i'm gonna buy westcoast rap regardless, but i do see the errors they make.

true bout the clique thing.  just to add to that, look at E-40's latest album, he went outside his clique to include Fabolous, Lil Jon, Petey Pablo, 8ball, etc., and the album debuted at #13 and "Automatic" and its remix have been hitting mixtapes