Author Topic: Video shows apparent slaying of crash survivor  (Read 287 times)

Matrix Heart

Video shows apparent slaying of crash survivor
« on: April 22, 2005, 12:50:57 AM »
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Islamic Army in Iraq claimed responsibility for shooting down a helicopter Thursday and killing all 11 people onboard -- one of them apparently slain in cold blood after surviving the crash.

Among the dead were six American employees of the security firm Blackwater USA, three Bulgarian crew members and two Fijian security guards.

In a video purportedly showing the aftermath of the helicopter's crash, a lone survivor is found lying in a ditch by insurgents.

The video zooms out, showing the man in the middle of the frame, and then the cameraman gives the order to shoot. The victim turns toward his killer and shots are fired, bullets strike him repeatedly, even after he falls to the ground.

"We are applying God's law," a voice says in Arabic.

Before he is shot to death, the man tells insurgents, "My leg is broken," but he is forced to stand.

The footage does not show the helicopter actually being shot down.

The video, which carried the group's logo, was posted on Web sites used by Islamic groups. Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera aired portions of it.

The helicopter was ferrying passengers from Baghdad to Tikrit, and was to have picked up people for a return trip to the capital when it went down north of Baghdad.

The Bulgarian Defense Ministry said missile fire downed the chopper, and U.S. military sources suspect that was the case.

The crash left charred debris strewn across an empty field north of Baghdad, said Paul Greenaway, a spokesman for SkyLink Air and Logistic Support, an air charter company in Iraq.

State Department spokesman Adam Ereli said the six Americans worked for Blackwater Security Consulting. He said they were assisting the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security in Iraq. That unit protects diplomats, including those in Iraq.

"We are deeply saddened by these deaths," Ereli said.

Blackwater provided details about the operation, saying "the commercial helicopter" was "owned and operated by Heli-Air Services, a Bulgarian subcontractor to SkyLink Air and Logistic Support under contract to Blackwater in support of a Department of Defense contract."

The Islamic Army in Iraq has carried out multiple attacks in Iraq and taken several hostages, including an Italian journalist who was beheaded. The militant group also took two French journalists hostage but released them.

Thursday's incident raises questions about the vulnerability of commercial aircraft that do not have the same defense capabilities of military aircraft.

Private charters and commercial aircraft have been flying in and out of Baghdad. There have been hopes that some of the transport work in Iraq could be shifted to commercial aircraft.

Bulgaria said the three crew members were civilians, not part of Bulgaria's military contingent. Their identities were listed as commanders Lubomir Kostov and Georgi Naieeno and Stoyan Anchev, a board engineer.

The identities of the other dead were not immediately available.

Blackwater declined to release the employees' identities until next of kin have been notified.
'Sad day for the Blackwater family'

In a separate incident Thursday near Ramadi, a roadside bomb went off next to a Blackwater armored personnel carrier, killing one of its security contractors and wounding four others.

"This is a very sad day for the Blackwater family," Blackwater USA President Gary Jackson said in a written statement. "We lost a number of our friends to attacks by terrorists in Iraq, and our thoughts and prayers go out to their family members."

Eighteen Blackwater employees have died since the war in Iraq began, the company said. The brutal deaths of four of them occurred March 31, 2004.

The Blackwater contractors were killed in Falluja, a volatile city west of Baghdad. Chilling news footage at the time showed two of the contractors strung up on a bridge over the Euphrates River.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/04/22/iraq.main/index.html

100K a year isn't worth your life.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Video shows apparent slaying of crash survivor
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:53:46 AM »
that's fucked up
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Matrix Heart

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 12:54:55 AM »
that's fucked up

Not really^

Maybe it was a mercy killing you never know  ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 01:47:12 PM »
that shit was really fucked up.....dude was probaly all happy cuz he survived then they grab his ass and shoot em

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 01:51:14 PM »
yeah man that's fucking crazy i saw this on the news CNN to be exact.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 06:08:25 PM »
If someone invaded my country I'd probably do the same thing and sell the video on the internet for  $9.95  :)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 06:41:53 PM »
If someone invaded my country I'd probably do the same thing and sell the video on the internet for  $9.95  :)
I have now changed my stance on abortion

Matrix Heart

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 06:57:07 PM »

Change your screen name while you're at it, pussy.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »

naw,ill keep it. You might wanna consider changin yours though fruity ass. Seein how fond you are of pink minks and saved by the bell.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 08:27:41 PM »

naw,ill keep it. You might wanna consider changin yours though fruity ass. Seein how fond you are of pink minks and saved by the bell.

lmao and you're keeping it gangster right ?

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 08:36:22 PM »
naw,just hetrosexual. Sorry homie

Matrix Heart

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 08:52:51 PM »
naw,just hetrosexual. Sorry homie

You have 4 men in your sig...real homo.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 09:03:20 PM »
yeah,sorry i actually come here for the music aspect of the forum....crazy huh?. I dont really care for changin my name 3-4 times a day and spouting anti-american bullshit for shock value to get attention.As far as the sig goes...Saved By the Bell is way more masculine huh?...or better yet,how bout a grown ass man in a pink fur wih matchin hat...Now thats gangsta

'EclipZe

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 04:23:42 AM »
tbh his sig > urs cauz he got that hot ass pic of nivea hehe  ::)

Matrix Heart

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 06:30:23 AM »
yeah,sorry i actually come here for the music aspect of the forum....crazy huh?. I dont really care for changin my name 3-4 times a day and spouting anti-american bullshit for shock value to get attention.As far as the sig goes...Saved By the Bell is way more masculine huh?...or better yet,how bout a grown ass man in a pink fur wih matchin hat...Now thats gangsta

Why are you in TOT then retard ?
Music aspect - Dipset Bitch  8)

Shocking for your pussy ass, thanks for the attention  :D  Slater has big muscles.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 06:40:43 AM by Kain Marching »