Author Topic: Eminem Show...Dres Production is Boo Boo  (Read 935 times)

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
Re: Eminem Show...Dres Production is Boo Boo
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2002, 01:32:06 PM »
first of all i respect all of your opinions, second of all dre isn't above being criticized. thats the great part about some of you guys, you're gonna keep us on our toes.  just make sure you keep it as constructive criticism, not ignorant criticism.  what do I think of the dre beats on The Eminem Show? Business is one of dre's deeply layered synth and bass tracks. it may seem simple but it is layered with many things going on at the same time. we worked real hard on the musical part of the chorus. dre is using horns a lot right now and that was a great addition.  how was Say What you Say? dre's heard a lot of criticism about the beat. we originally had a lot more going on but dre decided to scale it was back.  i kind of disagreed but i ain't about to tell dre how to produce. dre wanted the beat to be simple cause he thought it was a battle track and the lyrics needed to be the main focus and where he wanted the listeners attention to be. dre did turn the bass way up so if you have a great stereo system it definelty rumbles.  so thats the reason dre made the beat so simple. dre now wished he would have not made it so repetitive but its too late and dre ain't gonna sweat it. hopefully this gives you a little incite into why the track sounds like it does.  Dre's beat on my dad's gone crazy is different cause he keep the drums quite and the vocals are mixed louder than the beat. this was one of the last songs to be put on the album. dre only mixed it a few times.  dre was being rushed by the pressing deadline so he didn't get to remix it as good as he wanted.  dre didn't want much drums, just to change things up. but the other instruments were not mixed loudly enough and dre is mad at himself. dre was especially mad because the music and thunder affects on the third verse were really great. we really tried to change things up from the first two verses, so we made it sound like an orchestra to really end the album with a bang.  if dre would have mixed the music on the third verse where it should have been i guarantee you it would sound much better. but i still really like the song and the beat.
Em really did a good job of producing on most of his songs. marshall made most of the album in detroit so dre wasn't around to work on it. dre was in la doing all the other aftermath projects. dre sent me, melvin and a few others to detroit to work with em on a few tracks and add some things. we did a little but jeff bass is so good we didn't need to do much. dre flew down in april to finish the album. even though dre didn't produce much he was the main influence behind the sound of the album and he had the final say on all the tracks. em had dre work on remixing without me and hailee's song.  those tracks sounded much different before dre worked on them. dre really improved both of them immensly and em will be the first to tell you that. he will also tell you that dre is a big reason he's improved his production. all you have to do is listen to marshall's old stuff. it isn't as good and it sounds different than dre. now em sounds like dre, from the drums to the instruments to the little "nuggets" in the songs. em admits that without learning how to produce from dre he wouldn't sound anthing like he does on the eminem show. but marshall definelty needs to be commended for his production work. dre will never say he is the reason marshall has improved so much. he wants em to get all the credit.
does dre give his leftovers to other artists? yes he does a lot of times. dre makes sure the artists get quality beats and will give it to an artist if the track fits them right. but dre has been storing his top beats for Oh My God ands Detox. and dre ain't gonna introduce his new sound ahead of time. hes not stupid. he wants to let everyone catch up, then lull his fans to sleep using the same sounding type of beats, then BOOM. dre's beats for OH My God and detox are so different and crazy your gonna be shocked. but if you wanna doubt dre go ahead. dre works his best when his backs to the wall, when he's got something to prove. just wait for a while, you'll see. peace y'all its time for me to get to work. if i don't ill be in the studio late tonight and thats something i don't wanna do on a saturday. later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2002, 01:59:03 PM »
i dont think dre is saving his best shit for eminem.... i honestly think eiminem is getting leftovers.... but dre-leftovers are still bangin beats though

Word, I think that Dre knows that now Em can put out his own shit without havin Dre's top beats and it still sell! I dont think Dre hooks Em up wit his "best" shit, I think that Dre is savin his best shit fo Detox.........and hopefully tha new Snoop!!! ;)  ;D

verbalassaulta

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2002, 05:24:50 AM »
yeah the beats are a dissapointment...dre's too busy doing all his good stuff for wack artists like eve, mary j etc

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2002, 06:55:53 AM »
i have a couple things to comment on...first mellowman it is great to see you back, and i never doubted that you'd pay a visit here again.

also, the third verse on my dads gone crazy is one of the most amazing pieces of work i've ever heard...how dre totally brought out the heart-felt lyrics by em was like an assurance that music can really touch you if it's real...expecially when em says "with more pain in my eyes than a little girls in a plane headed at the world trade, standing on ronnie's grave" it goes something like that, but it is incredible...i think the highlight of the album.

and finally, when can we expect detox and oh my god...all i want is a ballpark guestamate, thanks, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2002, 10:47:13 AM »
dre works his best when his backs to the wall, when he's got something to prove.

"From the hood and I'm a hornet, and I'ma only sting when I'm cornered."

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2002, 01:40:44 PM »
I don't really think the Dre beats on this album are that impressive either, infact I like the joints Em produced more. Dre's beats have grown on me more since I first heard them but still. "Business" is pretty dope, not all that special considering it's a Dre beat though. But I do think the vocals/verses from Dre & Em make "Say What You Say", they are some really tight verses and thats why I love listening to the song, they over power the beat so it doesn't really bother me that the beat ain't all that. As for "My Dads Gone Crazy", I think the drums are supposed to be soft to fit in with the whole concept of the song, I mean it's kind of cartoonish, and with Haille's voice samples throughout I don't think Dre's trademark drums would suit her so maybe's thats why their softer than normal  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2002, 06:54:24 PM »
For real, it sounds like Dre gave him some scraps.  I was hella impressed with Em's production though.

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2002, 08:16:43 PM »
YEAH, I AGREE WITH ALL OF YALL, DRE HAS BEEN FALLIN OFF.  I THOUGHT HENN. AND BUDDAH WAS AIIGHT, LAW LOW WAS A DOPE BEAT, BUT IT WAS "THE GAME DONT WAIT" BACKWARDS, BUT TRUE LIES WAS STRAIGHT BOO.  I THOUGHT HIS PRODUCTION ON TOP DOGG WAS BETTER.  MAYBE HE PUT ALL HIS PRODUCTION INTO 2001 AND NOW HE DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING LEFT.  I HAVENT HERD ANYTHING AS GOOD AS XXXPLOSIVE SINCE.  SO MAYBE HE'S JUST THE MIKE TYSON OF RAP.  MAYBE THATS WHY SNOOP HAS NOT PUT HIM ON HIS ALBUM, PROBALLY SNOOP DOESNT FEEL DRE'S SHIT ANY MORE.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2002, 08:28:03 PM »
Looks like it is time for Dre to come out with a Forgot about Dre Part 2, since peeps are sayin he fell off again.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2002, 08:32:54 PM »
this shit is funny cause when dre drops his detox or a tight ass track you are gonna see everyone that is talkin shit right now all on his cock watch shit i dont think dre has fallin off the only thing he does is take his time so you will see just wait and you will be jumping on his dick again

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2002, 05:09:54 AM »
YEAH, I AGREE WITH ALL OF YALL, DRE HAS BEEN FALLIN OFF.

Woah, I personally don't think Dre has fallen off, just because I don't feel some of his recent ish as much as some of his less recent ish doesn't mean I think he's fallen off. Dre is the G.O.A.T production wise in my eyes, always has been and most likely will always be. Some of his not so dope ish is still doper than what other producers best beats are.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2002, 11:33:58 AM »
yeah I have the album, the dre beats are nothing special except for business.. that has got some westcoast flavor to that, say what u say... average, nothing special
hopefully with his coming project like rakim, there will be banging beats on that

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2002, 01:38:56 PM »
I definitely don't think he's fallen off.  I'm just saying his production on Em's CD wasn't that great.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
word
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2002, 05:11:22 PM »
Looks like it is time for Dre to come out with a Forgot about Dre Part 2, since peeps are sayin he fell off again.

Banjo

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2002, 11:49:21 PM »

Nah - In my opinion Business and My dad's gone crazy are both bangers...
On My dad's gone crazy Dre didn't lay the drums as he usually does and that's a good thing on this track!
It doesn't sound like something you heard before and the track grows on you just because it's something different...

The beat on Say what you say is not dope but it's perfect for a diss song!!

8)
2Pac/Dre
[Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west  
A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest  
Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex]