Author Topic: Pretty much all Beatles songs for download in .wav files  (Read 1155 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Throwback

Re: Pretty much all Beatles songs for download in .wav files
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 04:35:38 AM »
ahh man. dope..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
thanks man.

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »
thx man...

thx for the hook up

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 08:04:16 PM »
^^ No problem, I hope everyone enjoys them.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 08:29:59 PM »
shit..thanks man!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 11:57:40 PM »
Everybody go download "Piggies". 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 07:32:06 AM »
^ is that your fav song, i hated it at 1st, but then i actually listened to the lyrics :).. i still dont really like helter skelter and why dont we do it in the road, other than that, white album is flawless

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »
Didn't Charles Manson write the lyrics to Piggies over the walls with blood during his killing spree or am I just making shit up? Correct me if I'm wrong Trauma.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 10:56:58 AM »
Oh and download Run For Your Life. Brilliant.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 07:39:13 PM »
^ is that your fav song, i hated it at 1st, but then i actually listened to the lyrics :).. i still dont really like helter skelter and why dont we do it in the road, other than that, white album is flawless

Really, those are 2 of my faves.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 09:22:22 PM »
Nah, Charles Manson didn't write stuff on the walls... urgh, shit.  It's complicated. 

First, Charles Manson wasn't even there.  He was at home on his ranch, he was never at the house during the murders.  He probably SENT the women there that did it (yeah, it was all women), but they can't even prove that.  So he didn't write a thing.

Second, they were trying to make it look like a serial killer did it.  Their friend had been arrested for a murder, so they wrote shit on the walls, mimicking what their friend had wrote on the walls, so that people would think that the same guy did both; since their friend was in jail, it would prove he wasn't the killer. 

They did write "Pigs" or something on the wall, but that was because they were trying to connect it to the other case, and because they felt that there needed to be a race war (which they would all escape, living on their ranch in the desert).  They did write "Helter Skelter" on the wall, because they thought that this race war was what the Beatles were referring to with the song.  Anybody from England probably finds it obvious that the song is actually about a slide on a playground, a "Helter Skelter". 

Piggies isn't my favorite song of the Beatles, but I do like it.  I just think it's a funny song.  I can't listen to Helter Skelter much, it's just too loud.  I like the end, when Paul screams "HELTAHHH SKELTAHHH!!!" though.  Why Don't We Do It In the Road is o.k., not one of my favorites.  Lesse, and Run For Your Life is pretty good, John was COLD back then, he used to beat his wife up and get in fights at bars.  It kind of reminds me of "You Can't Do That". 

I like the prettier, more melodic Beatles songs.  Stuff like "And Your Bird Can Sing", or "Cry Baby Cry" if you like the White album stuff. 

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 06:22:13 AM »
Ever heard the I Am Sam soundtrack Trauma? Some very good covers on it. Without a doubt worth a listen for any big Beatles fan.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 06:54:37 AM »
^ Yeah, I heard it, but I didn't really like any of the covers.  It's hard to cover songs that are almost perfect (or are!) to begin with. 

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 07:04:20 AM »
Each to thier own I guess. Quick question. :)

I was listening to a Beatles song that in parts sounded identical to one of the Beach Boys tracks. Due to the high intake of alcohol into my blood stream since listening to said songs I've completely forgot what they are. Any ideas?
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was