Author Topic: Has there ever been a more lyrical album than this?  (Read 584 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: Has there ever been a more lyrical album than this?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
u know what really kinda saddens me is nobody respects lyrical talent all of those cats never blew up outside of nas... because NYC cats respect and understand lyracism they have a bigger hip hop market back when it originated from.... i remember back in the days if you sounded too lyrical people would say you sound east coast. i wouldnt put 2pac in that category he was never super lyrical..his style was more about putting his heart into his music... Kurupt was semi lyrical he would go off at times..

bar for bar lyric for lyric the greater majority of hip hop dont respect that, i mean put up 50 cent against just 1 of them and hell get slaughter even if he was in his GRODT days ..  ppl just want to idolize someone a great image they want to model themselves after, and hear catchy songs.

HEC

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
u know what really kinda saddens me is nobody respects lyrical talent all of those cats never blew up outside of nas... because NYC cats respect and understand lyracism they have a bigger hip hop market back when it originated from.... i remember back in the days if you sounded too lyrical people would say you sound east coast. i wouldnt put 2pac in that category he was never super lyrical..his style was more about putting his heart into his music... Kurupt was semi lyrical he would go off at times..

bar for bar lyric for lyric the greater majority of hip hop dont respect that, i mean put up 50 cent against just 1 of them and hell get slaughter even if he was in his GRODT days ..  ppl just want to idolize someone a great image they want to model themselves after, and hear catchy songs.

I'm a NYC guy and I appreciate the lyricism that these cats bring to the table. I wouldn't put Pac in that category either, he was more of a rapper who spit from the heart like you said, Biggie was more in that lyrical type of vibe than Pac. Ras Kass is an artist that I think is too lyrical for the average listener to appreciate, Canibus too.

illchicano

• Lil Geezy
  • d-funkalot records
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
the d.o.c "no one can do it better"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

very true, "g funk" can't carry a coast forever
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
definatly one of the most lyrical albums out there... Ras said some shit that was way out there, I don't even know most of what he said but all I can say is that it was dope lol  8)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
any organize confusion album,freestyle fellowship, ras is solid tho when it comes to them rhymes, but it takes more then just lyrics you got to have style and them beats to match what you are trying to get across,that's why illmatic is held in such high esteem, it's not even my favorite nas album,but i do see why equals dig it tho, but i still tell you this,you can take all the best lyrics in the world and put them on an album and they still will come up short to ice cube's death certificate and p.e.'s it takes a nation of millions to hold us bacc, it's just the way it is yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

HEC

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »

just broke that Rage CD out of the bassment, she killed every track, amazing to this day Rage is the most consistent member of DPG still dropping heat like she used to while the others have been inconsistent

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »
this forum takes me back to the good days where we had good lyricists , now even young jeezy can be named a great lyricsist
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Mixtape Fan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
FUCK DAT STUPID SOUJA BOY CHIT

SOUL ON ICE IS A KLASSIK

MAN I WISH HE WOULD DO ANOTHER CD LIKE SOUL ON ICE MANN