Author Topic: Islamic fundamentalism at dubcc  (Read 712 times)

J Bananas

Re: Islamic fundamentalism at dubcc
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »
no you're played out

hoe u dont have no credentials.

neither does a jive talking canadian afghani :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 11:42:30 PM »
what kind of peanut butter and jelly Dr Phil faggotism is this, banana boy.

how are you gonna write passionate essays about a poster whose banned?

the infinite bashing dun got old. beating a dead horse, this shit is played out.
I kind of agree. Wait till his ban is over and he continues to talk the same ignorant b.s. (and beilive me, he probably will), before you speak the truth. Until then it's just beating a dead horse.

WestCoasta

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 12:36:16 AM »
^^ haha yea cuz Infinite didn't beat a dead horse

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 10:33:12 AM »
Infinite is the king of beating dead horses. But why sink to his level?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 06:38:12 AM »
(Scott Peterson) - if there is a supreme being who truly made man in his image and wasn't playing some sick un-funny joke on us all, he wouldn't deny our insticts passed down through blood, he wouldn't feel the need to impose himself in every humans thoughts as they lived their life in impossibly keeping up with his "rules".

the problem i have with your rationale here is that you are questioning "god" based on your assumptions of the nature of "god".

you've assumed that "god" is "like this"; now you are upset because of the contradictions that creates.

"god" doesn't deny your human instincts, you are free to act on them.

"god" does not impose himself in any of your thoughts; you are free to think of whatever you want.

does it make sense to assume that "god" is rational and to base your understanding of "god" around what is rationale; or to assume the nature of "god", and then decide "god" is irrational based on your observations of the world?

what makes sense?

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

WestCoasta

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »
what makes sense?
nothing does, no one can prove anything as fact, therefore all that shit is beliefs, is and always will be

we'll find out when we die what makes sense and what is fact, maybe not, the lights could go off and that could be it

no heaven and no hell, just a blank existence to never be thought of or played out again

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 09:09:58 AM »

coola

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 10:07:45 AM »
I like this post too, I'm sure it hits a lot of raw nerves... Searching for meaning, I think it's on all our minds (or I hope it is for a while). For me, a meaning is all explained through scientific answers; for me right now there is nothing more to life than psychology. Perhaps the reason I lash out at religious fundamentalists is beacause I, like them are truly insecure about meaning so I instead offer my deepest devotion to the answers I choose to cling on to, in hopes of one day finding enlightenment. Perhaps we're all gettin played as westerners by our concept of whats rational and irrational, or right and wrong, or some life path bullshit. But I'll say if there is a supreme being who truly made man in his image and wasn't playing some sick un-funny joke on us all, he wouldn't deny our insticts passed down through blood, he wouldn't feel the need to impose himself in every humans thoughts as they lived their life in impossibly keeping up with his "rules". Sure there are people that can live life adhering to the chosen rules of god; and they're fucking zombies. How insecure is God that he demand our life long dedication to the reformation of the world to his rule, is god a creator or a tyrant? Why would God want to sit through ages of enslavement, wars, and degredation of the human spirit through his name? Would he not have noticed that shit was fucked up and an apperance might be the courteous thing to do just to let us know he's still on the job? Is my voice the voice of the devil? Is the voice of an atheist devalued because he doesn't have "spirituality"? Is that why you continue to find value in religion because it is easier tha facing the truth? Why not have a mass organization of people from every region and religion and ask together, why? Why God have we conformed to our own mental slavery to find peace in your name for so long? Are we in the dark, are we totally headed in the wrong path? Ask these questions when you pray; hopefully if god is watching he'll do the right thing and respond. I know I'll be asking.

i dont think God put us here just to preach about him and be zombies.... i think were here to take in his knowledge and the beauty he created, but at the same time make sure we respect his authority and be good to one another... ultimately ppl like infinite need to exist, maybe it is his purpose to keep things in perspective, as long as he isnt trying to shone my religion i have no beef with him, if he preaches thats his choice, as long as he preaches knowledge of how to be good to yourself and others, i dont like him preaching islam because its not my religion, doesnt mean i cant learn from his readings tho...

glad this dudes banned  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :D

coola

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »
Infinite is the king of beating dead horses. But why sink to his level?

lol, the picture in my mind is killin me... infinite wearing his crown, a portrait, better yet a statue of him, holding an almighty 2 by 4, striking it down onto many a dead horses  ;D

J Bananas

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:30 PM »
i always wondered where the phrase beating a dead horse came from...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
i always wondered where the phrase beating a dead horse came from...
In American English, "beating a dead horse" is an idiom which is most often used as a retort used to make clear that a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved. In Australian English and British English, the phrase is more usually rendered as "flogging a dead horse".

The linguistic roots of this phrase draw on an allusion to literally "whipping" or "beating" a deceased horse in order to make it get up and go. Such efforts, of course, would be utterly fruitless, as dead horses no longer move under their own power.

Likewise, when one is "beating a dead horse", one is flailing at a dead or useless idea.