Author Topic: Who to Blame for High Gas Prices? hmm.  (Read 823 times)

mauzip

Re: Who to Blame for High Gas Prices? hmm.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 09:05:06 AM »
lol @ you americans thinking gas prices in the states are high

LOOK @ HOW HIGH THEY ARE IN THE NETHERLANDS!

good thing i don't have a drivers license :) ::)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 09:33:06 AM »
americans have no right to complain cost wise, when they have the cheapest fuel in the developed world and they probaby pay the least tax, there is no room for the government to intervene other abolishing fuel tax which would be dissasterous. when i first started driving 4 years ago oil cost between 15 to 30 dollars a barrel, in the last year its been more like between 40 and 60 dollars a barrel so its innevitable that prices will go up at the pumps but americans are TOO STUPID to understand this. In europe its a different story fuel tax is much larger and haugliers in particular have been leading the protest becauses they are becoming increasingly squeezed by the rising costs, and are complaining their loss of competitiveness against other countries.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:34:42 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 10:25:48 AM »
^well that's cuz you people drive little rice rockets and minis all over your countries that get 5000 miles to the gallon where as in the united states we drive trucks and and mustang gt's that take up half a tank just to go to the mall........so all in all we probably SPEND as much on gas as you do

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 02:15:10 PM »
^^ Yeah, you really need those 4WD pickups, monster trucks and offroaders to climb the mighty U.S. mountains and to manage the harsh snow conditions in the winter... they're EATING gas, and that's why U.S. is the #1 danger to the global environment.. (Not that I give a shit)
If Bush suddenly started taking the same taxes as most of Europe do, you couldn't afford those monster cars, you'd be forced to think economy..
(Over here you pay more taxes the bigger the engine.. and big engines usually means huge fuel demand...)

I actually like the U.S. car politics, but if every country started using as much gas as U.S., the world be polluted to death in few years.. and there would be no oil left within very few years..

Suga Foot

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 04:52:34 PM »
when you buy a car with a big engine in the US, you pay a special gas consumption tax.

I drive a German car, and it's a pig on gas  ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 08:10:35 PM »
If Bush suddenly started taking the same taxes as most of Europe do, you couldn't afford those monster cars, you'd be forced to think economy..
(Over here you pay more taxes the bigger the engine.. and big engines usually means huge fuel demand...

HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 08:31:45 PM »
who's to blame?  The oil companies.  European cars eat up gas as much as American cars. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 10:21:30 PM »
^well that's cuz you people drive little rice rockets and minis all over your countries that get 5000 miles to the gallon where as in the united states we drive trucks and and mustang gt's that take up half a tank just to go to the mall........so all in all we probably SPEND as much on gas as you do

plus, living in Southern Kali...you rack up miles on a car like nowhere else...shit lol. Not like we have good public transportation. It takes an hour and a half to go 4 miles away on the bus. We have the worst traffic in the country. My last car i put over 60,000 miles on it in 2 yrs/5 months.

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 02:31:03 AM »
^ jesus!

i bought my golf in mid oct 03.. means i;ve had it for 1 1/2 years and i havent put 10k on it in that time...

you see another thing is... in this country we rarely travel more than an hour to destinations

my daily commute across town takes me 10 minutes if the roads are clear..

i do lots of short journeys in the week.. and often longer ones at the weekends

who's to blame?  The oil companies.  European cars eat up gas as much as American cars. 

no.. american cars are less efficient.  euro-boxes / japanese small cars (not rice rockets) are massively more fuel economic.

however.. SUVs are becoming more popular.. i even saw a H2 over here yesterday on my way home.. which is rare..

and remember that the big V8 Range Rovers are from here..

Jome

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know what you found funny, but if you paid $7.5-7.8 for gas like we do in Norway, or more than $8 like they do in Holland, I'm pretty sure you would think again before buying that Monster truck 4WD Turbo... most likely you would die of the shock when you saw the price at the gas station..  ::) :D

European cars eat up gas as much as American cars. 

LOL

when you buy a car with a big engine in the US, you pay a special gas consumption tax.

If the taxes are as ""high"" as their gas prices, it's probably not even noticeable on the total price..

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 06:35:39 AM »
we also pay higher road tax for larger engined vehicles.. and people running things like LPG were given discounts

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 07:01:32 AM »
Here's what I always find funny about these type of arguments, and I'll bet nobody on the board thinks like me on this one.

If it's THAT big of a problem; move.  For instance, the guy in L.A. that says how shitty public transportation is... well, dogg, that's THERE.  HERE, we have good transportation.  You can get all the way across the city in a car, in about half an hour on the interstate, or you can take a bus, through downtown, in about an hour.  We live in a populous with well over a million people, which isn't L.A., but why live somewhere where you complain about all that shit?  If you don't like it, just move somewhere where it's better.

On the gas prices; Jome's actually complaining that the prices are TOO low in America.  No; they're too high everywhere else.  In my state, gas is at about 2.19 right now.  Ultimately, you can't complain about the prices of gas wherever you are, because if it was THAT big of a deal, enough to get upset about, just move to somewhere where they're lower.  Of course you'll never do that, you wouldn't have anything to bitch about then. 

Matrix Heart

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 07:36:46 AM »
Los Angeles/San Diego has great transportation just too many people with cars and there nothing you can do during rush hour traffic that's just life even if it's starts backing up at 1pm  ;D

Los Angeles even has a Subway which many outsiders don't even know about  ;D

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/lsan/los-angeles-map.gif

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 11:41:52 AM »
Here's what I always find funny about these type of arguments, and I'll bet nobody on the board thinks like me on this one.

If it's THAT big of a problem; move.  For instance, the guy in L.A. that says how shitty public transportation is... well, dogg, that's THERE.  HERE, we have good transportation.  You can get all the way across the city in a car, in about half an hour on the interstate, or you can take a bus, through downtown, in about an hour.  We live in a populous with well over a million people, which isn't L.A., but why live somewhere where you complain about all that shit?  If you don't like it, just move somewhere where it's better.

On the gas prices; Jome's actually complaining that the prices are TOO low in America.  No; they're too high everywhere else.  In my state, gas is at about 2.19 right now.  Ultimately, you can't complain about the prices of gas wherever you are, because if it was THAT big of a deal, enough to get upset about, just move to somewhere where they're lower.  Of course you'll never do that, you wouldn't have anything to bitch about then. 

the government collects taxes in return for service it is supposed to provide to its citizens.  one of those services is stewardship of the american economy.  so as long as anyone is a tax paying citizen of the US they have a right to complain about their governments inability to manage their tax dollars effectively.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:34 PM »
damn overseer, less than 10 miles in a year and a half, im a student, and i work like 4 miles from my house, i put on like 15k miles a year if not more... yea gas is high, but i dont bitch, i got used to it, i like driving so w/e and yea if i bitch i can alsways think that in europe they would rape a sheep for our gas prices so i live with it