Author Topic: Nas- Streets Disciple  (Read 673 times)

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas- Streets Disciple
« on: March 22, 2005, 08:09:39 PM »
Disc 1:
1. intro- self explanatory

2. a message to the feds, sincerely, we the people- average song, its alright. i didnt feel too much from it 3/5

3. Nazareth Savage- beat is pretty sick, flow is kind of up-beat..i personally liked it 4.5/5

4. American Way- Nas does his thing on this track. he's gotta do a political track. Old school beat that imo is one hell of a beat. Sick flow i give it a 5/5

5. Coon Picnic- These Are Our Heroes- controversial diss track, personally i like kobe so to hear him degrade his own race kind of confused me, buti give it a 3.5/5

6. Disciple- its a tight track, the beat is kinda darkish, but it's alright. The flow was tight like always 5/5

7. Sekou Story- quick beat, quick flow, tight, i dont understand the purpose of this song, but its tight 4/5

8. Live Now- its an alright song, kinda slow. but its aight 4/5

9. rest of my life- laid back kinda west coast feel, chick in the chorus gives a hella chill feel 5/5

10. Just a moment- new single, freat flow, great feeling, i love it 5/5

11. Reason- str8 up tight song, its a typical growing up story kind of feel. 4.5/5

12. You Know My Style- Beat says it all 5/5

Disc 2

1. Suicide Bounce- got busta rhymes in it, and it doesnt make it any better 3.5/5

2. Street's Disciple - this was cool too but i wasnt feeling it in the beginning it started growing on me a little 4/5

3. U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)- killer beat! cool flow, bump this every other day- 5/5

4. Virgo - featuring Doug E. Fresh 3.5/5

5. Remember the Times (Intro)

6. Remember the Times- slow style, the flow is kind of looking at the past mostly at chicks, 3.5/5

7. Makings of a Perfect B**** - cool flow, siiick beat. 4/5

8. Getting Married- i love this song, the beat kind of sucks you in, the flow was unbelievable 5/5

9. No One Else in the Room- Another great song..maxwell lights up the song, i love this song too 5/5

10. Bridging the Gap - most people heard it, i personally dont really like it 3/5

11. War- aight 2/5, kinda queer

12. Me & You (Dedicated to Destiny)- slow piano action, dedicated to the daughter 4/5

13. thiefs theme- THERES THE GANGSTER, its a tight song, but we see nas get back to his gangster self. 5/5

overall the CD was gr8 i personally love it and listen to it. some people who dont like nas prolli wont like it but i like it, you should def get it if ur a nas fan.
9/10

FOCUSED TRUTH

• Lil Geezy
Re: Nas- Streets Disciple
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 01:01:14 PM »
thanks. disc 1 was better than 2 i thought but overall it was an excellent album. UBR was an excellent concept and i really liked bridging the gap. nas only needs himself sallam remi and les on the boards. buckwilld beat was very good as was the q-tip one (american dream)

id give it 4 1/2    out of 5

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:07:25 PM »
Classic Nas.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 11:54:37 AM »
nice review

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:46:05 PM »
thanks...ive really grown to like nas and this CD sealed me into his style.. his flow is incredible...PAC and NAS two of the best

CHELSEA FC

• Lil Geezy
  • God Damn She's Hot...................RIP Makaveli,
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 05:22:30 AM »
gd review, quality Nas album

AndrE16686

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 03:16:56 AM »
Good Album, 'message to the feds' is an awesome song, except when the beat changes at the end, otherwise it would of been PERFECT. I thought that he should of just made it one disc and concentrated on the quality, making sure every song was dope, D.R.E style, because this isn't classic NaS shit. Stillmatic was better.