Author Topic: another UK fuel protest coming.. warning UK drivers!!  (Read 128 times)

Don Seer

another UK fuel protest coming.. warning UK drivers!!
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:26:24 AM »

not sure if ya'll have heard.. but there is word a fuel protest is planned for election day...

"LATEST (3/6/04):

Leaked/alleged Government papers reveal proposals to ban everyone from the roads except essential services if Petrol Dispute goes ahead.  This considers MPs as essential so they won't be affected, everyone else will have to stay at home and the country will of course run itself. 
"

i remember this happened before...  and only doctors, and the police etc could buy fuel to get to work.... if u didnt have ID the petrol stations wouldnt serve you.. total fuck up.........

thank god i can fit a shit load of fuel in my car... one advantage of having a car that guzzles a lot!!  8)

rafsta

Re: another UK fuel protest coming.. warning UK drivers!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:57:15 AM »
man the U.K fuel prices are ridiculous.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:36:58 PM »
what does gas cost per gallon for you guys in the UK? i heard it was like 5 dollars american or something like that.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
yeah i posted that in another thread when i got reminded about this protest info...

its roughly 6 dollars right now..

by british standards i drive a big engined car... at 2.0 (golf gti 16v/150bhp) ... it probably doesnt seem so big to americans..

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »
yeah i posted that in another thread when i got reminded about this protest info...

its roughly 6 dollars right now..

by british standards i drive a big engined car... at 2.0 (golf gti 16v/150bhp) ... it probably doesnt seem so big to americans..
damn man,6 bucks :o..I guess i complain to much about $2.40..lol yeah thats a compact car around here

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 02:06:04 PM »
hehe.. compact? know its not a SUV.. but its a larger sized car too.. and pretty damn fast :P

yeah it sounds a lot when u says 6 bucks a gallon.. but we buy in litres (damn EU..) which right now has gone up to about 85p a litre... it used to be about 77p...

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 03:41:59 PM »
hehe.. compact? know its not a SUV.. but its a larger sized car too.. and pretty damn fast :P

yeah it sounds a lot when u says 6 bucks a gallon.. but we buy in litres (damn EU..) which right now has gone up to about 85p a litre... it used to be about 77p...
arn't american gallons bigger too so it probably works out to be even more

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 03:43:04 PM »
damn a Golf is a fuckin good car... but for OZ standards its also small... i got a 2.6L engine, my dad has a 4.2L engine... the most popular car in Australia is a 3.8L V6...

U.K petrol prices are 2x more than OZ.... in Australia its about 40p / L steadily rising...

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 08:50:28 PM »
protesting doesn't work

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 03:32:52 AM »
its stopped tax increases previously, but its unlikely to bring a tax reduction our governement is too strong for that unlike the french one of course which caved in over the protests last time.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 04:59:51 AM »
^^^ didnt all the trucks block the motorways ?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 07:48:49 AM »
no they were doing go slows, and they blocked the refineries and the ports. but things won't be on the scale as before this time because if they were now would be the time they would want crisis to hit, the election is tomorrow and there won't be the same political leverage after tomorrow.