Author Topic: Should Be Charged For Attempt To Murder Hiphop....  (Read 754 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: Should Be Charged For Attempt To Murder Hiphop
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2002, 04:39:00 AM »

ill just point out that if somebody wrote that about nas, jayz, snoop, kurupt, crooked i  or somebody else, we would eazily consider him as a dickryder...

well, I dunno if he is Thee Best ever but he's surelly one ofem and this is just being objective,
as for saying it about nas,jay,snoop or crooked I would make one look like a dickrider,.<<<prolly and simply cause each of these dudes(no metter how much love I got to each and every one of them) lacks at some of these creterias or at least doesn't hit up to the same spot as EM at these creterias.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2002, 05:30:06 AM »

well, I dunno if he is Thee Best ever but he's surelly one ofem and this is just being objective,
as for saying it about nas,jay,snoop or crooked I would make one look like a dickrider,.<<<prolly and simply cause each of these dudes(no metter how much love I got to each and every one of them) lacks at some of these creterias or at least doesn't hit up to the same spot as EM at these creterias.

well... i guess i know your opinion concerning the skills of eminem now

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2002, 06:13:41 AM »
Guess so  :D..lol
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2002, 06:22:37 AM »
I agree with you 99% IBO.  The only part I don't agree on really is Master P.  Yeah his music is wack, but it was decent in the mid 90's.  He helped a hell of a lot of black people out.  Many of the rappers on his label probably wouldn't be living too good of lives if it wasn't for P.  And he helped pave the way for independent labels.  And he got Snoop out of the Death Row mess.  But all those others are ruining rap.  I give credit to eminem though, cause he has talent, but I think he is highly overrated.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2002, 10:22:10 AM »
I agree with I-Bo
40oz Graphire

Big BpG

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2002, 10:30:44 AM »
Eminem is not a pop star...

why is he popular?

cause he is the best rapper right now...

-Big BpG

p.s.    ludacris doesn't deserve to be there either...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Tecknine

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2002, 10:36:33 AM »
I am not comparing the styles of Pac and Em i am comparing Fan Bases...Tupac had bout as many teeny bitches jocking him as Em does..

Real_G

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2002, 10:40:33 AM »
Eminem is not a pop star...

why is he popular?

cause he is the best rapper right now...

-Big BpG

p.s.    ludacris doesn't deserve to be there either...

What do have to back this up? I dont think hes the best rapper right now at all.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Em & Luda don't belong on that list.
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2002, 12:37:06 PM »
the only thing EM should be charged with is "taking hiphop to the next level, dimention-wise" + he should be charged with "showing how to be on point lyrically without using played out cliches".
Right on point. ;)

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Eminem hasn't ruined hip hop, he has progressed it
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2002, 12:48:46 PM »
Ok this is what I truelly think of this whole arguement:

Em is an an outstanding,amazing, groundbreaking MC- and NO, not because of the topics and contents he talks about and discusses in his raps(simply becuase this isn't the creteria by which rappers\mcz should be judged, it's his choice to talk about whatever he wants to, if anyone doesn't agree wit it, it showes how censouring and closed minded he is towards Em) but mainlly cause of the next reasons:

1.Totally amazing 7d-cinematism he can make u see tha shit he talks about (much like Biggie used to work in his day) examples: The amazing storytelling joints "Stan", "Kim"

2. Lyricism- straight up heater, using prolly some of the sharpest (and yea.. most hillarious),on point(yet sometimes seeminglly far) assosiations, smillies and punches while mantaining a structural focus.

3. flow and delivery- prolly one of the most versitile flowes ever+ his delivery is so on point all throughout tracks that Im sometimes starting to doubt he is human(..lollol) and take into consideration he is one of those mcz who covers many vocal paterns of delivery so it would show real bad if he wasn't as "in control" delivery-wise as they come.

4. energy- not many(u could prolly count them on yo 10 fingaz) rappers who are as energetic while also being up there wit all the previous creteriaz.

now, as for singles, that as the homie I-BO said are aimed towards a very particular target audience of people, well, Does the fact someone buys yo shit mean right away he is yo target audience? ..I dont think that some groupie, who listens to Em cause he's a star now, cause he is aclaimed, talked about and controversial content-wise, is considered a hiphop head, no one thinks so, true heads know exactlly what Em is(- one of the best rappers to ever come up to the game) .but this is what mainstreem-crossover sucsess means to rappers(dat's how new people get into hiphop as well btw...but aside of this) This don't mean he is any less of an MC- it never did.what he sells has lil to do wit his quallity.
Actually, THIS shit is "right on point."

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Dick rider? Please...
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2002, 12:52:28 PM »

according to you he's probably the best rapper ever lived.... according to you he have the best flow, bst carisma, and best in everything else you wrote, atleast ´by reading your rates... "amazing 7d-cinematism he can make u see tha shit he talks about ....".... Lyricism- straight up heater, using prolly some of the sharpest (and yea.. most hillarious),on point.... one of those mcz who covers many vocal paterns of delivery...

ill just point out that if somebody wrote that about nas, jayz, snoop, kurupt, crooked i  or somebody else, we would eazily consider him as a dickryder...
Shit, I'm not a dick rider, but I could definitely write that about Q-Tip, Kweli, or J-Live.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2002, 01:03:32 PM »
lol... eminem got skillz...... but i hate when is he jokin around like a fuckin clown... he is worse then "weird al yankowich" when it comes to that..... and the controversial stuff is sooooooo played out IMO.... he does it to get publicity... dissin pop stars etc, so lil 10 year old britney fans can relate to his lyrics...

thats the stuff i hate about him, besides that he is a pretty tight rapper...

ya feel me?  :D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Nelly is really the only one who's killing hip hop
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2002, 01:13:40 PM »
Faboulous - Don't Need To Explain
Ja Rule - He Raps Better Than He Sings, & He Raps Wacker Than Faboulous
Eminem - For Representin & Expanding "Hip-Pop" (people gonna hate on me now)
Nelly - For Representing & Expanding "Hip-Pop"
Ludacris -  For Representing & Expanding "Hip-Pop"
Master P - For Starting No Limit Records
JD - For Starting To Rap
Fabolous is definitely wack, but I don't see how he has "attempted to murder hip hop." He's a shitty rapper, but his album has cool beats. As for Ja Rule, I personally can't stand him, but there are a lot of other artists that are a lot worse than him, (such as Nelly, whom I wish didn't exist. I can't wait until KRS terminates him). Ludacris and Eminem are both intelligent and witty rappers (especially Em), while Jermaine Dupri is an okay producer. As for Master P, I can't say much good about his music, but he has definitely helped the hip hop community (by exposing the world to southern rap, helping Snoop, etc).

Well, it seems to me that Nelly is the only one on your list that is actually "attempting to kill" hip hop, (although I doubt that he is even aware of it ;D ;)).

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2002, 01:18:05 PM »
im talking about strictly rapping...not producing or the way to run a label...

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Eminem can be corny, (but he does it with skill :)
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2002, 01:30:49 PM »
lol... eminem got skillz...... but i hate when is he jokin around like a fuckin clown... he is worse then "weird al yankowich" when it comes to that..... and the controversial stuff is sooooooo played out IMO.... he does it to get publicity... dissin pop stars etc, so lil 10 year old britney fans can relate to his lyrics...

thats the stuff i hate about him, besides that he is a pretty tight rapper...

ya feel me?  :D
Yeah, I see what you're saying.