Poll

Baby vs. 50 Cent?

Baby
9 (29%)
50 Cent
22 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Baby vs. 50 Cent?  (Read 739 times)

BigBDrugStores

Baby vs. 50 Cent?
« on: May 04, 2005, 04:43:33 PM »
One desn't have much talent but tries and the other has some talent but doesn't try at all

rafsta

Re: Baby vs. 50 Cent?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 06:30:46 PM »
who's baby ?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 06:33:26 PM »
the bird man, bryan williams, #1 stunna, cash money ceo

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 06:36:40 PM »
still dont know who baby is.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 06:45:51 PM »
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/cash_money/baby/video/00_neckofthewoods.asx

BIOGRAPHY

When Brian "Baby" Williams hit the music industry in 1997, neither the critics, fans, nor Baby himself ever imagined that the rap industry would have allowed him and the Cash Money Millionaires to play a significant role in the signature sound that is now known as the Dirty South. In the short span of five years, this certified entrepreneur has amassed multiple gold albums with various artists and 3 platinum albums, as a member of both the Hot Boys and rap duo Big Tymers, and has helped create an empire that has forever changed the music industry. Now, with the evolution of the newer, stronger Cash Money Records, a new solo artist has been born÷Baby aka #1 Stunna. The debut album entitled BIRDMAN is the first self-portrait of the man behind the music and his mirror image.

A year ago Baby and the Cash Money Millionaires found themselves in a place of reconstruction. Surveying the state of the industry and the influence of his realm, Baby decided to recreate himself as a full-fledged rapper. "That was the day I decided I had to evolve into a full blown artist. I went to my brother Slim, (Co-Founder and CEO of Cash Money Records), and began to plan our new roles and positioning within this rap thang." Deciding to juggle another hat within the company, Baby put himself on a vigorous training schedule honing his verbal skills day and night writing; practicing in the studio; and critiquing himself. His savage determination and drive for perfection produced his debut solo album BIRDMAN.

BIRDMAN, which is slated for a November 26th, 2002 release, shows that Baby, along with his comrades, are not holding back. Baby teams up with P. Diddy for the first single, "Do That" exemplifying a more musically mature Baby over a new head-banging Jazze Pha track. The second single entitled, "Baby You Can Do It" featuring Toni Braxton, is a SOS Band inspired rendition that could not have been more timely with his debut release. "Baby if you're ready/ take your time/ do it right / you can do it Baby/ Do it to night," croons the lovely Toni Braxton, melting classic R and B with Baby's southern drawl. "I went to Fresh and I asked him to do this song for me, I just felt it was right and he came back with a hot-ass, fire-ass track and next thing I knew it was recorded and we're shooting the video. I'm a tell ya something, when thangs are right for you, they are gonna happen to you."

"I ain't no rapper, I'm a talker and on "BIRDMAN" you're gonna hear Baby talk." Songs like "On The Rocks" and "Heads Up" illustrate the "talk rap" style coined by the Birdman. In a dirty-flow collaboration with Jermaine Dupri on "How It Be," Baby settles in himself as a "rap conversationalist." Identifying a subtle gap in the music and seizing it, Baby found the glue to his music. "We always had the nouns (the beats) and verbs (the lyrics), and now we've got the conjunction (the r and b) and his name is TQ. I knew bringing on TQ as part of the unit would bridge any potential gaps we might come across musically and it's working."

"Before I take any step or make a move, I consult with my brother Slim and Mannie Fresh. When I decided I wanted to expand my sound on this album by bringing on other platinum producers like The Neptunes, Jermaine Dupri and Jazze Pha, I had to make sure everybody felt comfortable especially, Mannie Fresh, who has been Cash Money Records' in-house producer since the beginning. Bottom-line, each producer that got on this album I respect and understand their craft, so my words and their beats created an easy gel. We made music and that was the goal."

"BIRDMAN" will feature thumping spitfire beats for the jeep, unveiling a new galaxy-high sound from Mannie Fresh. Representing for Memphis is the articulate one, 8-Ball on the "Hustler, Pimps and Thugs" along with Jazze Pha and TQ solidifying the meaning of 'Southernplayistic.' The album is crafted using a plethora of heavy spitters including Petey Pablo, Keith Murray, and Cash Money's own new groups D-Boys and Boo and Gotti. And, just when you thought you'd heard it all Baby Webster's us with a new term - Birdlady. The full terminology can be found on "Ms. Bird," and it is official!

"Sometimes I just sit back and listen to the album and I am really in disbelief. I came a long way and it ain't no secret, but I did this thang right, and I ain't ashamed to put it out there like that. I'm proud of me." Already contemplating BIRDMAN Volume 2, Baby continues to blossom as an artist while strengthening his ever-growing empire. However, his positive influences and charity in the community have not been thwarted by his success. Baby and Cash Money Records continue to give back to where they came from by hosting an annual Thanksgiving Turkey give-away, and by recruiting new talent from their own backyard. Baby has truly made a difference in his community and will dent the industry with his freshman solo release. He is testing his wings as a new solo artist and is soaring high above the industry's standards. The game has been changed. BABY aka BIRDMAN like you've never seen him before.

http://www.cashmoney-records.com/cashmoney.htm

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 06:54:31 PM »
ahhhhhh... 50

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »
baby , fuck 5-0. mannie fresh is the best outta all of them though, his shit is so fucking funny. that one video where everything was hella big like he was using some huge ass cell phone, i think the song mightve been called "Big".

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 07:01:09 PM »
^"real big"

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 08:27:36 PM »
trick question right???  i'ma go with 50 on this one.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:15:42 PM »

i diss dude a lot but on the real: id rather listen to his wack ass "Candy Shop" song than any birdman track (besides "#1 Stunna" - thanks to that West Coast beat)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 11:33:40 PM »
"Birdman" was a damn good album... I'm sure "Fast Money" won't be a disappointment. I'ma go with Baby on this one.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 12:17:13 AM »
yeah birdman was a dope album but grodt wasnt bad either so its a tie

'EclipZe

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 12:21:28 AM »
50 for me

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!