Author Topic: Truth Hurts Puts It Down In Milwaukee...  (Read 219 times)

Big BpG

Truth Hurts Puts It Down In Milwaukee...
« on: July 28, 2002, 02:57:16 PM »
Well I was at Smoking Grooves on Friday and let me just say wow... AWESOME!!!

Artists included Cee-Lo, Truth Hurts, Lauryn Hill, The Roots and Outkast...

I haven't been to a better show since Up In Smoke. It was a lot better than Puff Puff Pass Tour and it was awesome...

Cee-Lo was straight funny, he danced liked he was having a siezure and his music was FUNKY... i felt it a lot. My girlfriend said "can i borrow your cee-lo albums, he's awesome" ... yea he was, straight awesome...

I know most people here want to know about the Truth, and she put it down... She performed songs like "The Truth", the DJ Quick produced "I'm not really looking" which was awesome, instead of performing with a DJ, she performed with a live band and damn on "im not really looking" this guitarist was just tearing it up... of course quik wasn't there, so they left his part out, but it was awesome... she performed like 5 songs then she did the big one "Addictive" and asked the crowd "do yall want to belly dance"  .... and she started singing the indian voice at the  beginning of addictive and the crowd went it a uproar and all the ladies in the crowd got up and started belly dancing... it was dope... she gave one of the best performances during the show... this one dude started belly dancing and she said "no, not you, just the ladies" and during "im not really looking" no one but a few people were feeling it, so she told the band to stop playing and she said "milwaukee, wake the fuck up or I'm leaving the stage" ... and well...  the crowd woke the fuck up...

then Lauryn hill......straight wack!!!!!  She didn't perform any of her well-known songs, just a whole bunch of songs coming out on her new album... she just sat on a stool and played a guitar... she's a classic artist, but naw, i would never pay to see her...

then the roots...... awesome... I must admit, i only knew a handful of their songs, but this one dude, closed out their performance beat-boxing... holy shit, he was fucking awesome... after his performance, people were giving him a standing ovation ten minutes after they  had finished up... he was awesome!!!!!

then Outkast...

what can I say???

Classic... best performance since  Dre and Snoop at Up In Smoke...they did all their familiar songs like "ms jackson" , "rosa parks" , "skew-it on the bar-b" , "b.o.b." , and so on, then they did my favorite "players ball" and "ATLiens" ... and they had to do "whole world" with Cadilac, who got an awesome ovation. He also premiered his first single from his album "monster" ... it went something like this "i put the bump in your trunk like HUMP HUMP HUMP" ... everyone felt that song... they did "trans d f xpress" and more... outkast amazed me, i was so fucking happy afterwards... they put it down...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Doggystylin

Re: Truth Hurts Puts It Down In Milwaukee...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 03:00:26 PM »
man OutKast is so fuckin dope, i would love to see them live, dope shit bpg., ur lucky
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 04:54:54 PM »
yea i caught the smokin grooves tour when it was in chicago on wednesday.  shit was dope as hell.  the highlight of the night for me was jurassic 5.  it was my second time seeing outkast.  i was a little dissapointed w outkast they basically did the set they did when they were on the stank love tour.  owell, it was still dope.
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

Quadruple OG

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2002, 05:59:29 PM »
The Roots r incredible live.  I saw them when the came to my school, and they tore shit up in the 2 hours they were there.  Ludacris was the headliner, but the Roots deserved it more than him

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2002, 06:05:00 PM »
That beat-Boxin dude is Rhazel.  He's fuckin dope, I've heard him do a beat and rap at the same time, it's fuckin crazy!

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2002, 06:26:29 PM »
thanx for postin! i wanna see truth in concert one of these days

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2002, 08:47:06 PM »
That beat-Boxin dude is Rhazel.  He's fuckin dope, I've heard him do a beat and rap at the same time, it's fuckin crazy!

Yea Rahzel is amazing.  I got his album and it's a good listen.  

Anyway, Big BPG, you are lucky man, I always wanted to see Kast live.  "Players Ball" must have been sweet.  What kind of stage props did they have?

Big BpG

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 09:13:48 PM »
yea i caught the smokin grooves tour when it was in chicago on wednesday.  shit was dope as hell.  the highlight of the night for me was jurassic 5.

Oh I forgot... FUCK JURASSIC 5... their bitch asses cancelled in Milwaukee,  that was the only reason I really wanted to go, but Outkast, Roots and The Truth still made me happy...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 09:17:33 PM »

Yea Rahzel is amazing.  I got his album and it's a good listen.  

Anyway, Big BPG, you are lucky man, I always wanted to see Kast live.  "Players Ball" must have been sweet.  What kind of stage props did they have?

They had a cool stage, real funked out with colors... they had like this circular in the  center, i dont know if it moved or not, but it was cool... they had like a little off-stage thing where like three lady singers sang from, especially for songs like "players ball" ... and they had a stair case to a second level,  it was dope, not as  dope as Up In Smoke Stage... cause that was a classic ass stage, but it was dope... since I   saw Up In Smoke, and consider it the best Hip Hop concert  of all time,  cause it was... i  compare all others to it... Puff Puff Pass was ghetto compared to both those concerts... the only thing snoop could afford was a stage... no props, nothing....  except some cities got a bones banner, not milwaukee...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2002, 05:59:55 AM »
That sounds sweet.  Fuck I wish I could see them live.  Outkast is my fav. group.  Anyway, I actually got a bones banner for myself.  They had them pasted to lights and walls on the street in Toronto for Puff Puff Pass and I ripped one down and stole that shit.  They had lots of other posters pasted all over the street too.  I got the poster from the source cover with Tha Eastsidaz on it and another poster for Snoop Dogg's greatest hits.