1 (7.1%)
i'm not a brit but i'd vote for.. conservatives
4 (28.6%)
i'm not a brit but i'd vote for.. lib dems
4 (28.6%)
i'm not a brit but i'd vote for.. i dont know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: UK elections today.. how are you voting.. or would you vote for non citizens  (Read 246 times)

Don Seer

what ya'll voted/voting for then?

my town is the #1 target on the lib dem list..

and surprise surprise i'm voting lib dem... only voting for them since they are the ones that have a chance of beatnig the conservatives.. a labour vote is lost here

the conservatives hold it currently.. but i doubt for much longer.. stupidly the local conservative mp wants to shut down a large govt run place on the edge of town that employs 3000 people.. and probably supoprts more people.. in a place where the difference was a few hundred votes last time.. thats a bad move on his part!

i've seen little evidence of conservatives down here.. i saw a few public schoolboy type (quel surprise) with conservative banners.. but i've seen a lot of lib dem support.. plus the lib dem leader visited on bank holiday monday

last tmie there was a 0.4% margin between the lib dems and conservatives down here..

here are the results from last time..

Conservative  41.7%
Liberal Democrat  41.3%
Labour  14.9%
Others  2.1%

results for my town will be up here later >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2005/html/571.stm

Trauma-san

stupidly the local conservative mp wants to shut down a large govt run place on the edge of town that employs 3000 people.. and probably supoprts more people.. in a place where the difference was a few hundred votes last time.. thats a bad move on his part!

It's a stupid move if you're a politician that runs your office based on which way the wind's blowing, and what's popular. 

Perhaps he's an honest politician who feels that the plant needs to be shut down for whatever reasoning he has, and believes it so strongly that he doesn't care if he even gets voted out of office for it.  Closing a business and laying off thousands of people is never popular, but sometimes it needs to be done.

Just chiming in, I don't know shit about it, so take my comments on a whim.  & I'm not just saying it because he's a 'conservative' I realize the parties are different over there than over here. 

Don Seer

yeah i get what ya saying.. but unfortunately.. if you want to remain an MP.. in a seat you won by just 300 votes.. you dont piss off 3000+ people on the eve of an election do ya?

i'm not quite sure how our parties line up against the US ones.. i think conversatives = republicans, lib dems = democrats and labour would be unheard of.. these days they're more in the middle but they are traditionally very left wing.. commies  :D

Trauma-san

We've got to understand too that he may be getting different info than we are.  He might not think the people are that pissed off about it, or he might be under the impression that he's a landslide to win.  OR, maybe he knows he's losing, ever thought of that?  Maybe he knows he's not going to win re-election, and he's just getting all his shit done before he leaves. 

I was just saying the 'honest politician' thing to be devil's advocate, I'm not sure if there ARE any honest politicians in the world... the only thing politics rewards you with is power, I think that's what motivates most politicians. 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
just about to goto to the polling station to place my vote, here its between conservatives and lib dems, i'm voting conservative because i don't want lib dems taking the seat but i want labour to stay in power.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Suga Foot

i'm not a brit but i'd vote for.. conservatives

I'm a Canadian Conservtive so what the hell.

Don Seer

just about to goto to the polling station to place my vote, here its between conservatives and lib dems, i'm voting conservative because i don't want lib dems taking the seat but i want labour to stay in power.

so you're in a similar situation to me

if lib dems win the seat.. that keeps labour in power.. ?
if your seat goes conservative labour lose power..   
whats more important.. keepnig labour in or having lib dems instead of conservatives running shit in your area?

round here during my lunch break there was a green party guy driving around with his speakers on his car asking people to vote lib dem here to boot the conservatives..

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
I'm fucking my vote off because they are all cunts.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Don Seer

lol.. you just gotta do like i do.. and vote against the worst cunts of the lot ;)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

so you're in a similar situation to me

if lib dems win the seat.. that keeps labour in power.. ?
if your seat goes conservative labour lose power..   
whats more important.. keepnig labour in or having lib dems instead of conservatives running shit in your area?

round here during my lunch break there was a green party guy driving around with his speakers on his car asking people to vote lib dem here to boot the conservatives..

the seat is currently conservative, i'm not into tactical voting i'm going to vot for who i'd prefer out of the 2 which is conservatives, labour will win any way but the more power taken away frokm the lib dems the better because they fuck things up.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Joachim

I voted Labour, they're the best of a complete bunch of cunts in my opinion. The Tories can fuck right off, cunts.

Don Seer

yup.. i voted anti-tory.. as labour have no chance down here

if it'd been all 3 in the running i wouldnt know what to do

Don Seer

oh and LOL.. the election bremner, bird & fortune show tonight is called "a bunch of counts"..

(non brits.. its a satirical impressions/sketch show..)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
i would vote for the Lib Dems.....spread out party support across the political spectrum.....and have a minority govt in place to punish the lying Labour party
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Can we tone the language down eh lads?

i would vote for the Lib Dems.....spread out party support across the political spectrum.....and have a minority govt in place to punish the lying Labour party

The leaders got ginger hair mate.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes