Author Topic: Your thoughts on Saigon???  (Read 270 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Your thoughts on Saigon???
« on: May 05, 2005, 02:13:45 PM »
Personally I compare this dude to fresh air in this rap game.Everyone is so played out,everyone is a wannabe gangsta,everyone makes club songs & so on.In my eyes,Saigon is a incredble rapper,he's my personal favorite & this is only from mixtape shit.I cant believe the dude is so slept on.Just listen to songs like Slap Niggas, What Am I Gonna Do, Shok TV, Stocking Cap, Color Purple, No Idea & so on.I can go on for ages.I just cant wait for him to release an album.Im sure its gonna be a classic.Is anyone other than me anticipatin his album???What are yall thoughts on Saigon???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:25:54 PM by Masta T »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Your thoughts on Saigon???
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:15:42 PM »
yeh saigon is nice. i got that warning shots mixtape (i tihnk it was) and it is nice.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 02:21:56 PM »
yeah i like him, his mixtapes were fire, and that one with whoo kid too

ABN

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »
he´s a real dope rapper but he´s irritating coz he contradicts himself more then Nas and Tupac combined. and dude needs to start talkin bout himself instead of speakin on other motherfuckers business that he aint got no clue about. his album won´t be a classic due to Just Blaze, now some of y´all might say what the fuck did this mofo just type. but Just Blaze has never proved himself as an executive producer and that´s a lot harder then most peeps think. and if he provides the majority of the beats i won´t be checking for this album coz their styles just don´t match IMO. and sadly i think Sai will flop hard and that´s ashame coz dude is talented but i´d rather hear an album fron Quan coz he´s the real truth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:23:10 PM »
yeh saigon is nice. i got that warning shots mixtape (i tihnk it was) and it is nice.
^You need to get his new mixtape - Abandoned Nation,easily best mixtape of the year.& no,Im not biased,after hearin all his previous mixtapes & then hearin this he proved he's the best upcoming mc.Basically every mixtape he released is fuckin dope,way better than most people's albums these days.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:25:07 PM by Masta T »

Koneezy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 02:24:46 PM »
Yea Saigon is ill man.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 02:32:09 PM »
he´s a real dope rapper but he´s irritating coz he contradicts himself more then Nas and Tupac combined. and dude needs to start talkin bout himself instead of speakin on other motherfuckers business that he aint got no clue about. his album won´t be a classic due to Just Blaze, now some of y´all might say what the fuck did this mofo just type. but Just Blaze has never proved himself as an executive producer and that´s a lot harder then most peeps think. and if he provides the majority of the beats i won´t be checking for this album coz their styles just don´t match IMO. and sadly i think Sai will flop hard and that´s ashame coz dude is talented but i´d rather hear an album fron Quan coz he´s the real truth
He actually talks about himself alot,his experiences on the streets,jail,basically the shit he went through.As for Just Blaze being executive producer,Saigon pointed out in some interview that Just Blaze knows that Saigon wants to have alotta control over the shit thats goin on wit the album.Quan is dope but I dont see him releasin an album better than Saigon's.

'EclipZe

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 02:38:13 PM »
got abandon nation that dog is the shit

ABN

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 02:39:26 PM »
well i´d take the 5 Quan songs i´ve heard over the 5 best Saigon tracks i´ve heard but like in anything else it´s a matter of taste. yes he does speak about his time in prison and says that he aint gloryfying it(when he is)then he shits on other rappers who talk about that shit when he´s talkin about the exact same shit. and he tries to be political but there´s tons of rapper who does that better then him and there´s tons of rappers who spits harder street shit then he does. and if i want both gangsta and policital music at the same time i´d rather listen to Kam or Cube. but it´s all opinions tho but homie is talented but he´s not this messiah that people make him out to be.

Throwback

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 02:40:27 PM »
hmm never got into him. what are his dopest songs?

SGV

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:33 PM »
Immortal Technique > Saigon > New York

Sai Giddy is a beast. He's got a lot of potential. I think with Jus Blaze on the beats, he'll really have a shot at blowing. Hopefully he gives him crack like "Safe 2 Say" or "Breathe.'

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »
imo Saigon is dope, ive pretty much felt what ive heard from him up til now, and that last mixtape was dope, The Letter P and True Story were probably the stand-out tracks for me...

i think hes one of the only people out right now who im really checking for, like someone i actually look forward to hearing new music from, nowadays there arent too many artists i feel like that about...

plus if your album is gonna have production by Just Blaze and Alchemist, you cant really go wrong in my eyes lol...altho i do wanna hear him on a Primo track tho...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 04:41:59 PM »
hmm never got into him. what are his dopest songs?

"kiss the babies"
"favourite things"<--jus one verse
"shock tv"
"the letter p"

here's "kiss the babies" for those who havnt heard:
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1M12Q907WKRDK2341EGO6WN8U1
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:52:52 PM by Siamak »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 06:58:03 PM »
I've been waiting like 5 years now for his album.  He's taking as long as Ali Vegas drop one.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 08:16:58 PM »
99 50 with better production and concepts, id much rather have a vegas album.

veg at 16>all these "new" rappers
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris