Author Topic: Rappers 1st albums - What the fuck  (Read 389 times)

V Gotti: H.N.I.C.

• 'G'
  • They Say a Party Ain't a Party Till The West At It
Re: Rappers 1st albums - What the fuck
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2002, 01:36:45 PM »
a reason why albums in 92- 95 were better might be that they are lackin in ideas and creativity. i mean its probably hard for rappers to come up with some new shit that people havent heard before. They try create a new sound, cause there's so many different stuff out that sounds the same. You see dre came up with that 2001 sound, that was new and on another level, but now he's usin it all the time, so I just hope he uses somtin for his next album that we havent heard before.

its a tough job satisfying true rap fans like us, our expectations are high and they have to be met by these artists, and when they arent met, it can get ugly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
All I really know your ho wants to be with me and she ain't playin!

I don't give a fuck 'cause I'm just drinkin, smokin, straight West Coastin

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2002, 05:10:23 AM »
I strongly dislike that when rappers put out albums, it can not by any means be done better than his first one, according to lots of fans.
It seems like the 1st album becomes a instant classic, as long as there are beats on it, and the lyrics is pretty aight.
ESPECIALLY socalled underground-headz has a tendency to dislike albums once they sell more than wood in the hood.
It's the two-edged blade as they say.
Good examples:

Eminem - People say Infinite is among his best work, but the beats is average, and it shows off a immature Eminem.
Because it's his "foot in the door" people talk about this as "classic shit"

Xzibit - His 2 first LP's was dope as fuck, maybe near classic, but when he started selling with Restless, many people switched like the tricks they are.
Restless was a dope album, even if there was some odd joints, but there sure was odd joints on "At the" & "40 dayz"

Dr.Dre - People say the Chronic is classic, and yes it is, but no matter what Dre releases now, it cannot surpass the first album in most fans view.
Therefore he doesn't release that much any more, because he knows it must be of VERY high standard.

If 2001 came out back then, and Tha Chronic was released in 1999, I bet you $1000 that people would call 2001 classic, and not the Chronic.

There's a bunch of other examples too, but I'm tired.

I totally agree

I dont think Chronic would be a classic album if it was brought out now because the sound in rap music has changed.

That's right and that's why I hate when people say Dre became wack and he should do raw shit like back in '92.
It ain't possible cause things changed and these old sounds are played.
U can't do a whole album of this style no more cause it would flop.
People would blame Dre for trying to reuse his played old shit but now they blame him for NOT using his old shit no more and some even call him pop although Chronic 2001 was full of bomb beats.
He ain't have any chance to do the right thing.

bez

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2002, 09:37:00 AM »

That's right and that's why I hate when people say Dre became wack and he should do raw shit like back in '92.
It ain't possible cause things changed and these old sounds are played.
U can't do a whole album of this style no more cause it would flop.
People would blame Dre for trying to reuse his played old shit but now they blame him for NOT using his old shit no more and some even call him pop although Chronic 2001 was full of bomb beats.
He ain't have any chance to do the right thing.

yupo,

oUtLaW

• 'G'
  • thuglife 4 eva!!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2002, 09:55:36 AM »
I dont think Chronic would be a classic album if it was brought out now because the sound in rap music has changed.  If you listen to a NEW song and listen to an OLD song you can tell which is which because there is more sound, more beats more instrments and better quality.  I think it will be the same in 10 years time, people will look back at the last meal and dre2001 and think wow its a CLASSIC album, because when they look in there cd collection there will be hot new cd's that they have got where the sound and quality is breath taking.

Thats just my point of view n e ways.

nah man the last meal was nothing infront of dre2001. top dogg was much better than the last meal and i think last meal was even wacker than tha doggfather. i don't hate on the doggfather it had good beats by dj pooh

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2002, 01:29:40 PM »
I strongly dislike that when rappers put out albums, it can not by any means be done better than his first one, according to lots of fans.
It seems like the 1st album becomes a instant classic, as long as there are beats on it, and the lyrics is pretty aight.
ESPECIALLY socalled underground-headz has a tendency to dislike albums once they sell more than wood in the hood.
It's the two-edged blade as they say.
Good examples:

Eminem - People say Infinite is among his best work, but the beats is average, and it shows off a immature Eminem.
Because it's his "foot in the door" people talk about this as "classic shit"

Xzibit - His 2 first LP's was dope as fuck, maybe near classic, but when he started selling with Restless, many people switched like the tricks they are.
Restless was a dope album, even if there was some odd joints, but there sure was odd joints on "At the" & "40 dayz"

Dr.Dre - People say the Chronic is classic, and yes it is, but no matter what Dre releases now, it cannot surpass the first album in most fans view.
Therefore he doesn't release that much any more, because he knows it must be of VERY high standard.

If 2001 came out back then, and Tha Chronic was released in 1999, I bet you $1000 that people would call 2001 classic, and not the Chronic.

There's a bunch of other examples too, but I'm tired.

Wuld u rather rapperz juss skip they first albumz & go right to their sekond?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2002, 02:10:59 PM »

Wuld u rather rapperz juss skip they first albumz & go right to their sekond?

yea, I would have them start rite on their 3rd one actually.
lol

but you get the point right?
Lotsa socalled "hiphopheadz" digs a rappers 1st album, even if it's really nuthin special, it's just that it's a new kid, and he can actually rhyme.

and then when they gradually improve, matures more, gets better beats, they turn their back on them, saying it's "old news" or "he turned pop when he sold 15.000"
Just because they've heard him before, and wants some hi-tech shit, even if he improves.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2002, 08:44:29 PM »

Lotsa socalled "hiphopheadz" digs a rappers 1st album, even if it's really nuthin special, it's just that it's a new kid, and he can actually rhyme.

and then when they gradually improve, matures more, gets better beats, they turn their back on them, saying it's "old news" or "he turned pop when he sold 15.000"
Just because they've heard him before, and wants some hi-tech shit, even if he improves.

i agree homie
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"