Author Topic: Jaguar born  (Read 95 times)

Matrix Heart

Jaguar born
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:06:20 AM »
Maya, right, a young dotted jaguar, walks by the side of her mother in the Nyiregyhaza Animal Park in Nyiregyhaza, 245 kms east of Budapest, Hungary, Thursday, April 28, 2005. It is the first jaguar to be born in a Hungarian zoo for twenty years. Maya's parents have black fur, but her fur will remain dotted according to experts of the zoo. The cub is raised by her mother only, the father is kept separated.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:28:41 AM by Sahki »

Don Seer

Re: Leopard ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 09:25:09 AM »
certainly looks like one...

mr jaguar been slippin ;)

on the real though.. i found it odd the child could be spotted when both parents are black.. but i found this..

The jaguar is the largest cat of the Americas. It is stocky and muscled, averaging 132 cm long (110-175cm) with a relatively short tail (48-68 cm), and the average weight is 61 kg (35-130 kg). Coat color ranges from very light yellow to ocher-brown, and the whole body is covered with broken-edged rosettes around small black spots. Melanism is frequent (black). The two varieties of Brazilian jaguars, “onca preta” (black jaguar) and “onça pintada”( dotted jaguar) belong in the same species and may breed either black or dotted cubs in the same litter. A black jaguar may also present the same dotted pattern.

so it aint rare...

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 09:27:27 AM »
heres sumthin else thats fucked up

this is what happens when u let theese 3 niggaz breed animals

this 'animal' is known as a 'liger' - the result of a lion mating with a tiger...

lol @ guy on the rite; looks like nicolas cage.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:32:08 AM »
certainly looks like one...

mr jaguar been slippin ;)

on the real though.. i found it odd the child could be spotted when both parents are black.. but i found this..

The jaguar is the largest cat of the Americas. It is stocky and muscled, averaging 132 cm long (110-175cm) with a relatively short tail (48-68 cm), and the average weight is 61 kg (35-130 kg). Coat color ranges from very light yellow to ocher-brown, and the whole body is covered with broken-edged rosettes around small black spots. Melanism is frequent (black). The two varieties of Brazilian jaguars, “onca preta” (black jaguar) and “onça pintada”( dotted jaguar) belong in the same species and may breed either black or dotted cubs in the same litter. A black jaguar may also present the same dotted pattern.

so it aint rare...

oops I thought Jaguars only came in black  ;D but this is still odd to me.

Don Seer

Re: Jaguar born
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 11:34:48 AM »

they say ya learn something new every day..

time to go back to bed.. we learned our thing for the day..  ;D

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 12:21:15 PM »
they kept the daddy away coz the mum's been foolin with a cheetah...

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 12:22:52 PM »
and that liger thing looks huge... i dont think it can breed further....

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 03:11:46 PM »
Ligers appear to be sterile.

This doesn't seem to be the case for tigons however. Tigons are what results from crossbreeding a male tiger with a female lion, the opposite of ligers. (Male lion, female tiger) The funny thing is, ligers are giants while tigons are dwarfs.

The logic behind that seems to be this:

A male lion gives his (unborn?) offspring a stimulus to grow as big as possible.

A female lion puts a sort of blocking on this fetal growth, reducing the maximum size of the young.

Tigers give neither stimulus nor blocking to their young.

All of this works perfectly well when tigers breed with tigers and lions breed with lions. In crossbreeding them though,this happens:

Liger: Male lion gives stimulus, tigress doesn't block growth. Result: giants
Tigon: Male tiger gives no stimulus, lioness does block growth.Result: dwarfs

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 04:21:03 PM »
heres sumthin else thats fucked up

this is what happens when u let theese 3 niggaz breed animals

this 'animal' is known as a 'liger' - the result of a lion mating with a tiger...

lol @ guy on the rite; looks like nicolas cage.
dats a huge fuckin cat man