Author Topic: Will British Columbia become the 51st State?  (Read 159 times)

Suga Foot

Will British Columbia become the 51st State?
« on: May 06, 2005, 08:46:01 AM »
we're going through a provincial election campaign right now, and there's something like 45 different parties running, one of them that I found interesting was the BC Annexation Party (http://www.annexationbc.com/), they basically want BC to become the 51st state.  I know it is very unlikely, but to me, a resident of BC, they do make some good points.  I ended up looking at the site for over an hour, it seems that people in BC have been trying this since 1869.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Will British Columbia become the 51st State?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:14:34 AM »
I wouldn't want to see that ever. You guys gave us so many Tory seats in the election last year.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 12:01:12 PM »
Well, with Nash winning the MVP of basketball, I bet you more americans want us now ;D.

But seriousily, I wouldn't like to see it mainly becuase of sports. Hockey man, I love cheering for Canada. But they do got some good points, but I love being a Canadian!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 08:31:18 PM »
i'm from quebec and i always felt we were not canadians, so i hope we'll soon be independent, but i don't thik this will happen cuz there's too much immigrant in our province, i don't have nothing against them except the fact that they don't want qc to be independant.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 10:51:02 PM »
Yall probably don't want to be part of the union. No nationwide health care, no more BC bud, and feds tapping your phones cause they can. For those of us who already live here, it's just another day, but I don't think yall wouldn't adjust too well. Nothing against yall Canadians cause yall are like a large Minnesota...but to break off of a very liberal society and enter an ever growing conservative society probably wouldn't work too well.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 08:47:42 AM »
Yall probably don't want to be part of the union. No nationwide health care, no more BC bud, and feds tapping your phones cause they can. For those of us who already live here, it's just another day, but I don't think yall wouldn't adjust too well. Nothing against yall Canadians cause yall are like a large Minnesota...but to break off of a very liberal society and enter an ever growing conservative society probably wouldn't work too well.

Well the US government already has acess to BC's medical files.  >:(

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 10:59:07 AM »
i'm from quebec and i always felt we were not canadians, so i hope we'll soon be independent, but i don't thik this will happen cuz there's too much immigrant in our province, i don't have nothing against them except the fact that they don't want qc to be independant.

you guys owe canada money right? Just pays us and we'll let you guys go  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 11:04:34 AM »

Don't fall for that Gilles Duceppe/Bernard Landry propaganda. Canada is a great country and Quebec has been part of Canada longer than any other province. Quebec will never seperate.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris